Page 34 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Bless this team.
    No bless us all.

God blessed us with the presence of Griff

Now we gotta pay the debt for all eternity

We could do a lot worse than to give Thomas James from the Wolves an opportunity at this level as opposed to somebody who has had ample opportunity to cement there position at this level but failed. We already got one of those.

His second half goal was nice.

https://www.nationalpremierleagues.c...-flying-wolves
    Last edited by 380; 09-12-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Still not a striker though
    Umm yes he is. Think your confused with Kosta

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Umm yes he is. Think your confused with Kosta
    He plays like Dimi

You could play him in the front 4 but he ain't the 9

He plays like Dimi

You could play him in the front 4 but he ain't the 9
    Maki? I thought he played striker for the yoof and the club has always talked up him as a striker

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    We could do a lot worse than to give Thomas James from the Wolves an opportunity at this level as opposed to somebody who has had ample opportunity to cement there position at this level but failed. We already got one of those.

Could be worth a go, worth noting he is a visa spot though.
    OK

Where is the money coming from ? From what Ernie has said we have absolutely nothing to spend for the rest of the season - and by nothing I mean we couldn't outbid NBN League teams let alone local NPL teams for a players services.

Alternatively how about 100 of us here throw in $10k each and we gift someone to the club for a season ?

But nobody will because when it's there money they soon realise it's a poor investment.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-12-2019 at 08:20 AM.

BTW, Members Day is scheduled for this Friday:

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...tails-you-need
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Ernie saying in the herald that their only option for new signing will be a loan player from another A-league club come January.
    Is there really anyone out there that is worth looking at from another club not getting time. You would think it has to be a younger guy.
    Nothing springs to my mind to be honest so i assume we will just keep as we are and not score goals.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Ernie saying in the herald that their only option for new signing will be a loan player from another A-league club come January.
    Is there really anyone out there that is worth looking at from another club not getting time. You would think it has to be a younger guy.
    Nothing springs to my mind to be honest so i assume we will just keep as we are and not score goals.
    The best player not getting game time in the league I can think of is Luke Ivanovic from Sydney FC.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The best player not getting game time in the league I can think of is Luke Ivanovic from Sydney FC.
    which would be peak Jets to go begging for another teams youth player instead of using one of our own.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I think the team we currently have is performing better than would be expected given our budget.
    I don't think anyone else could do a better job than Ernie.
    I don't think anyone here could do a better job than Ernie and his team are currently doing.

I don't need to see my team win every week - I just want to be entertained and in that department I think the team is doing just that.
    If we converted our chances at the rate many here expected we'd be top of the league on one of the lowest budgets.
    Fan expectations here are simply ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't need to see my team win every week - I just want to be entertained and in that department I think the team is doing just that.
    If we converted our chances at the rate many here expected we'd be top of the league on one of the lowest budgets.
    Fan expectations here are simply ridiculous.
    To be fair, Ernie admitted in the Jerkstream podcast preseason interview with phernz that him and the squad had a collective goal of top 4 and didn't see it unreasonable, even given the lower funds available. I believe Ernie even said this is the best squad he has had since coming to the club, too. So they had the excuses and cop outs available but set their own high standard themselves, it isn't just the fans.
    OK

To be fair, Ernie admitted in the Jerkstream podcast preseason interview with phernz that him and the squad had a collective goal of top 4 and didn't see it unreasonable, even given the lower funds available. I believe Ernie even said this is the best squad he has had since coming to the club, too. So they had the excuses and cop outs available but set their own high standard themselves, it isn't just the fans.
    Did Ernie say that we expect to make the top four without Hoolahan and Arroyo ? Because that's the reality of what they will need to do.
    If that is the case then why bring them here in the first place if we don't need them ?

Where is the money coming from ? From what Ernie has said we have absolutely nothing to spend for the rest of the season - and by nothing I mean we couldn't outbid NBN League teams let alone local NPL teams for a players services.

Alternatively how about 100 of us here throw in $10k each and we gift someone to the club for a season ?

But nobody will because when it's there money they soon realise it's a poor investment.
    Where is the money coming from ?. Didn't our Gypo CEO say there was money available for a " not a household name " from another club from funds set aside in the event there was to be of a return of Joey that could be used ?. Based on those comments i am not sure why you asked that ?. Are Bert and our Gypo CEO giving us conflicting messages.

Thomas James was running around for the Wollongong Wolves so without speaking for what he may be earning on civvy street in his usual day job i would think it is a reasonably safe bet the Wolves are not paying him more than what Joeys deal was worth here in the A League.

If Ernie has said no money and our Gypo CEO has said there is albeit a very conservative amount then is clear there are comm issues at HQ eh ?.

Where is the money coming from ?. Didn't our Gypo CEO say there was money available for a " not a household name " from another club from funds set aside in the event there was to be of a return of Joey that could be used ?. Based on those comments i am not sure why you asked that ?. Are Bert and our Gypo CEO giving us conflicting messages.

Thomas James was running around for the Wollongong Wolves so without speaking for what he may be earning on civvy street in his usual day job i would think it is a reasonably safe bet the Wolves are not paying him more than what Joeys deal was worth here in the A League.

If Ernie has said no money and our Gypo CEO has said there is albeit a very conservative amount then is clear there are comm issues at HQ eh ?.
    Ernie said we could afford around $3.50 or less - to a Scotsman that's probably a lot of money.

Thomas James is nowhere near as good as Joey C - He's more than likely not as good as Kosta Petratos.
    I mean he's on the same managers books as Brandon Lundy and Joey Gibbs ffs - they hardly set the league alight.

You need only look at all the other NPL to A-league failures to realise it's a high risk bet with pretty much zero chance of paying off.

We should be patient - the current squad have enough depth for us to bypass throwing money at NPL players - unless they are exceptional - not merely doing well in an inferior league.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-12-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Did Ernie say that we expect to make the top four without Hoolahan and Arroyo ? Because that's the reality of what they will need to do.
    If that is the case then why bring them here in the first place if we don't need them ?
    Without listening back to the pod again, my memory says Wessi was injured at that time and he acknowledged that. Arroyo would not have been though. But Ernie when planning his squad, goals, etc surely would not have been daft enough to assume he could have went thru the season injury-free, so again I feel it fair to conclude it isn't just fan expectations for a top 4-6 finish.

When you are discussing reasons why to/not to bring players into the squad - aim your sights at Bobby Burns. In Lawrie's words the kid "expires in the heat" and I'm still figuring out why he was brought into an Australian Summer sport.
    OK

Without listening back to the pod again, my memory says Wessi was injured at that time and he acknowledged that. Arroyo would not have been though. But Ernie when planning his squad, goals, etc surely would not have been daft enough to assume he could have went thru the season injury-free, so again I feel it fair to conclude it isn't just fan expectations for a top 4-6 finish.

When you are discussing reasons why to/not to bring players into the squad - aim your sights at Bobby Burns. In Lawrie's words the kid "expires in the heat" and I'm still figuring out why he was brought into an Australian Summer sport.
    Fair enough - I tend to think we are good enough to beat anyone other than Sydney FC more times than not with a little luck / fortune rolling our way.

The Bobby Burns thing could have gone either way. Some do better in the heat than the cold others don't. We found out Burns is in the "don't" camp.

Once you have been on the planet for as long as I have you soon realise that people rarely say what they mean - and usually never if they are being recorded.

I know I don't.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-12-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Fair enough - I tend to think we are good enough to beat anyone other than Sydney FC more times than not with a little luck / fortune rolling our way.

The Bobby Burns thing could have gone either way. Some do better in the heat than the cold others don't. We found out Burns is in the "don't" camp.

Once you have been on the planet for as long as I have you soon realise that people rarely say what they mean - and usually never if they are being recorded.

I know I don't.
    We havent found out anything about Burns and the heat, Ernie is just too loyal IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We havent found out anything about Burns and the heat, Ernie is just too loyal IMO
    Read PV4's post above.