Page 80 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Then, if you think Ibini is trash, that's subjective and we'll probably never know.
    I think he's one of our best players and he'll be great value. What is the alternative? Kosta?
    Speaking of subjective, I do wonder how much people think we pay Ibini to see him as great value.

My opinion is you need only look at the list of clubs & leagues he has been at since first leaving the AL to get an assessment of the wages he has collected in the past to understand what we would have needed to get him here.

My opinion is there are tonnes of excellent alternatives we could pursue if we freed his wages up.
    OK

And they are?

If you are not sure what a contract means in professional sport, ask Messi. Or simply, as someone said, try to get out of a contract with a phone company. It's called real life.
    Do you think Barca is doing slavery?
    Messi wasn't happy to stay, they forced him... I'm sure he's not there mucking around and being a negative influence for the rest of the team: I could bet he's working his ass off every day to win as much as he can.
    AKA: being a professional.

Other clubs could afford to let players go because they had alternatives (e.g. Liverpool).
    The Jets don't.

Then, if you think Ibini is trash, that's subjective and we'll probably never know.
    I think he's one of our best players and he'll be great value. What is the alternative? Kosta?

BTW, should we let Uga go as well?
    Because at that stage, other players will feel entitled to go somewhere else because they don't like it here anymore: where does it stop?

Messi stayed because they agreed to pay off his tax fraud case and he didn't have any offers that enticed him enough to push through with his threat. Oh, and maybe the fact that Messi managed to get rid of the President!! of the club (whom he publicly stated he didn't like) had something to do with him staying, lmao. Brem's Optus contract is closer to Ibini's situation than Messi's.

By all means try again, but you don't have good points to justify keeping Ibini here other than spite from what I have read. Lawrie is a trash CEO, but even he isn't stupid enough to go down the path you are talking about. I just hope he has the brains to capitilise on the situation and asks WSW for a transfer fee. Then Ibini will know how bad they really want him. Maybe the won't think he's worth the money, at which point he knows where he stands and he is most likely keen to stay with us, who have shown that we want him, and play for the team.

I'll also reiterate, if the Jets weren't such a basket case of a club these player's wouldn't want to leave would they? Probably about time we all got the pitch forks out for the caravan enthusiast who's doing his best to rot us out from the inside real quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Good reason Messi couldn't leave:

Lionel Messi's contract buyout clause (or release clause) is €700 million (£630m/$825m). The hefty clause was put in place when Messi signed a new four-year contract with Barcelona in 2017. That deal expires in 2021
    Someone will go for him in January.

A contract covers current and future employment - there is no 14 days notice like a normal employment contract. Sorry - you either abide by a contract, have exit clauses put in or don't have one. What is the point otherwise as has already been asked? PFA have already backed the Jets in this.

I just hope he has the brains to capitalise on the situation and asks WSW for a transfer fee.
    There are no transfer fees between A-League clubs yet (the Middleby Ruling), only loan deals.

Players don't read contracts - up to the crooked agent to tell them what is there. Not the Jets fault he didn't think of a Carl clause.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 19-11-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Good reason Messi couldn't leave:
    Barcelona admitted that he can leave at the end of each season as of 2020, their argument was that it upon a set date rather than the actual end of the season. Covid delayed the end of the season to a later date which is why they tried to get La Liga to step in, which they agreed to. Before it went to a court (but after Messi looked at the offers on the table by PSG and City) he decided that he wouldn't push and begun discussing Bartemou's position at the club. Shortly after a vote of no confidence occured, Josep resigned before he could be properly ousted. Not sure how this clusterduck of a situation relates to Ibini though? Both Barca and Messi were correct as of the contract but ultimately we don't know which would have been able to use the contract to get what they want, because Barce bowed to Messi's demands in the end and Messi didn't want to tarnish his status with the club.

There are no transfer fees between A-League clubs yet (the Middleby Ruling), only loan deals.

Obviously you missed the point I was trying to make about asking for a fee. The FFA no longer runs the league, so changes can finally be made. Why not be the first to receive a fee from another A league team? It's obviously going to happen eventually if the league wants to have a second division. Why not get the ball rolling now?

Players don't read contracts - up to the crooked agent to tell them what is there. Not the Jets fault he didn't think of a Carl clause.
    If the Jets say to Ibini that Carl is staying and then let him leave shortly after, they have to be prepared to deal with the fall out of Carl's players wanting to follow him. This is why an intelligent club does it's own scouting. Lawrie is too dumb to know how to do this himself and too cheap to pay somebody so he decided to sign as many players from the same agency as he could and didn't think there would be the exact issue happening right now. Even though every single one of us on here with half a brain knew it would. He's a fraud and an idiot and needs to be ran out of town as soon as possible if we want to have a club to support long term.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    By all means try again, but you don't have good points to justify keeping Ibini here other than spite from what I have read. Lawrie is a trash CEO, but even he isn't stupid enough to go down the path you are talking about. I just hope he has the brains to capitilise on the situation and asks WSW for a transfer fee. Then Ibini will know how bad they really want him. Maybe the won't think he's worth the money, at which point he knows where he stands and he is most likely keen to stay with us, who have shown that we want him, and play for the team.
    So, offer Ibini to Wsw for a fee... that would really show how much the Jets wants him, then he'll be happy to stay.
    I give up. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Barcelona admitted that he can leave at the end of each season as of 2020, their argument was that it upon a set date rather than the actual end of the season. Covid delayed the end of the season to a later date which is why they tried to get La Liga to step in, which they agreed to. Before it went to a court (but after Messi looked at the offers on the table by PSG and City) he decided that he wouldn't push and begun discussing Bartemou's position at the club. Shortly after a vote of no confidence occured, Josep resigned before he could be properly ousted. Not sure how this clusterduck of a situation relates to Ibini though? Both Barca and Messi were correct as of the contract but ultimately we don't know which would have been able to use the contract to get what they want, because Barce bowed to Messi's demands in the end and Messi didn't want to tarnish his status with the club.

Obviously you missed the point I was trying to make about asking for a fee. The FFA no longer runs the league, so changes can finally be made. Why not be the first to receive a fee from another A league team? It's obviously going to happen eventually if the league wants to have a second division. Why not get the ball rolling now?

If the Jets say to Ibini that Carl is staying and then let him leave shortly after, they have to be prepared to deal with the fall out of Carl's players wanting to follow him. This is why an intelligent club does it's own scouting. Lawrie is too dumb to know how to do this himself and too cheap to pay somebody so he decided to sign as many players from the same agency as he could and didn't think there would be the exact issue happening right now. Even though every single one of us on here with half a brain knew it would. He's a fraud and an idiot and needs to be ran out of town as soon as possible if we want to have a club to support long term.
    So help me here.

Are you suggesting we should let Bernie go because he does not want to be here or because you think contracts don't need to be worth the paper they are written on ?.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    So help me here.

Are you suggesting we should let Bernie go because he does not want to be here or because you think contracts don't need to be worth the paper they are written on ?.
    Because he doesn't want to be here and is clearly agitating for a move. He refuses to play and there can't be any good in keeping him IMO.

But I am angry at the contract being worth nothing and want transfer fees allowed straight away separately. This whole notion of Sydney FC just buying all the best players because of fees is nonsense, they already do it by working around the cap. Transfer fees are there to help the poorer teams develop talent, not the other way around.

So, offer Ibini to Wsw for a fee... that would really show how much the Jets wants him, then he'll be happy to stay.
    I give up. You win.
    We showed him we want by offering him a deal when no one else would, then again when we offered him an extension and then again when we refused to let him go to WSW straight away. We've shown our intentions and he's told us he isn't interested as he thinks he can do better. The little quip about WSW showing they want him was very inconsequential to the entire point being made but it still makes sense if you think about it with a level head.

I give up. You win.
    I'm with you - where are we drinking?
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Ibini should be angry with his management not the Jets. It wasn't the Jets that failed to put a clause in the contract allowing Ibini to leave if Robinson went to another club.
    Ibini needs to either harden the **** up or get himself a new management team.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Speaking of subjective, I do wonder how much people think we pay Ibini to see him as great value.

My opinion is you need only look at the list of clubs & leagues he has been at since first leaving the AL to get an assessment of the wages he has collected in the past to understand what we would have needed to get him here.

My opinion is there are tonnes of excellent alternatives we could pursue if we freed his wages up.
    I agree.

He was on $434k / $US304k per season in 2018 @ Vancouver. For that he played 25 games and scored one goal.
    He was grossly overpaid and given the situation that eventuated at Vancouver it's no wonder questions were being asked of Robinson and his player manager mate.
    If the Jets are paying him even half that they need to offload him sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-11-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ibini should be angry with his management not the Jets. It wasn't the Jets that failed to put a clause in the contract allowing Ibini to leave if Robinson went to another club.
    Ibini needs to either harden the **** up or get himself a new management team.
    I agree with this.

Also, realistically:
    - whether you think he's trash or not, we don't have a valid alternative within the team;
    - one month before a-league starts, there's no chance to get anyone from overseas (COVID etc);
    - the only way would be a "loan exchange" with another a-league team, or magically find an a-league level forward from a NPL team: can anyone think of names? (I can't)

- one month before a-league starts, there's no chance to get anyone from overseas (COVID etc);
    Most other clubs are still importing players.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    And they are?
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/spiele...=alle&yt0=Show
    OK

I can't believe the Ibini saga is still dragging on, let's get rid of him and move on.
    There is plenty of young NPL players that would give 100% for the Jets. Jez Lofthouse from Olympic FC in Brisbane is one player that deserves an opportunity. Winger who can score and create.

https://www.facebook.com/newcastleje...6960416651118/

had something else on so couldn't go to the Edgy match, but it says one of the trialists' last name was Abbas - anyone know if that's Ali?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/newcastleje...6960416651118/

had something else on so couldn't go to the Edgy match, but it says one of the trialists' last name was Abbas - anyone know if that's Ali?
    Yep ...heard it was him too, but wasnt I there either.

Spencer Prior not on the list - is he injured ?