Page 89 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

If we don't have any new owners looking likely in the short term, they will 100% sign GVE as coach.

He appeases the dumb Facebook fans and will get a few families to sign back up to their memberships thinking the club has some 'pedigree' or whatever in. So The Entity would be more than happy to gift us another spoon whilst also getting a few more suckers through the gates. No one in charge cares about football fans in this country, hence why we play games with 6000 fans in 35000 seater stadiums around the league and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Wehrmann is a dog. Bloke was gifting our tactics and lineups to opposition teams. GVE had every right to give him the flick.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I hope not either but on the back of this signing and reports he has been seen watching training often signals he might get the job.
    For mine, the guy can obviously coach. But he is very set in his ways, I still remember him flicking Kasey Wehmann, a brilliant footballer.
    The jetstream interview showed he seemed to have lost alot of the attitude and my way or the highway mentality

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Wehrmann is a dog. Bloke was gifting our tactics and lineups to opposition teams. GVE had every right to give him the flick.
    Fact or speculation? Wehmann was quality under culina, great on the ball. I was disappointed when he left. I assumed he didn't fit the GVE player profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    He appeases the dumb Facebook fans and will get a few families to sign back up to their memberships thinking the club has some 'pedigree' or whatever in.
    Such bullshit. The Facebook numpties are the people saying "get lost, I'll quit if we go backwards by hiring GVE".

GVE is among Australia's four most-credentialled coaches. He has stayed in the game since his last stint. He has learned and improved. Ask any of the female or young players who worked with him over the past decade what they think of him.

He also remains our most successful coach, from a time our squad was far from the league's most talented.

Would Merrick also be a step backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Such bullshit. The Facebook numpties are the people saying "get lost, I'll quit if we go backwards by hiring GVE".

GVE is among Australia's four most-credentialled coaches. He has stayed in the game since his last stint. He has learned and improved. Ask any of the female or young players who worked with him over the past decade what they think of him.

He also remains our most successful coach, from a time our squad was far from the league's most talented.

It's getting sad now Gary. Move on, we all have. Go on holidays and find yourself a club who will appreciate you for you. You deserve better.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Merrick was a good fit for the Jets, I thought he was good for the club. He played good attacking football.
    But in the weeks before he was axed, the Jets were woeful and rumours were that he lost some of the dressing room.
    I'd take him back, but I don't think now is the time for that. Maybe in a couple of years when the squad has turned over a little player wise. Merrick is also 67 years old, so if he doesn't pick up a club soon he may just hang up the clipboard.

I imagine GVE is cheap option because he lives here already, so they don’t need no deal sweeteners with accommodation or relocation things.
    Also he’s probably just sitting around doing not a lot. Has good links to national team to bring in some development players.
    We could do worse. We could also do better. Is he a much better option than Deans?

If it’s an interim appointment until the new group, so be it. I think he would be good for the younger players in the group.
    Otherwise we should go for an up and coming Aussie or somebody with pedigree and experience. I don’t want a recycled a league coach as a long term appointment.

Jack Gibson was also Parra's most successful coach but you don't see them digging him up out of the ground based on the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Jack Gibson was also Parra's most successful coach but you don't see them digging him up out of the ground based on the past.
    No we have fans who think our current coach was better then Gibson
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    No we have fans who think our current coach was better then Gibson
    We don't have a coach. Therefore our coach = no one.

So the statement you said actually reads. "No one" is better than Gibson. Which is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I imagine GVE is cheap option because he lives here already, so they don’t need no deal sweeteners with accommodation or relocation things.
    Also he’s probably just sitting around doing not a lot. Has good links to national team to bring in some development players.
    We could do worse. We could also do better. Is he a much better option than Deans?

If it’s an interim appointment until the new group, so be it. I think he would be good for the younger players in the group.
    Otherwise we should go for an up and coming Aussie or somebody with pedigree and experience. I don’t want a recycled a league coach as a long term appointment.
    GVE doesn't have a good record with younger players. He gets the odd successful one through but he also has a long list of collateral damage as well.
    He hardly did Craig Goodwin any favours.

Cous is off with the pixies if he thinks we want to sit through the type of football that puts you to sleep like the stuff we played during his second stint.

I find it really bizarre that outside the region there is this train of thought that GVE is the go to man like he is some sort of messiah to football in the region.

Just goes to show if he is being considered then those doing the consideration are not with the program.

Does anyone know how many members we have this season ?
    People are talking about community ownership as an option but I'm guessing our number is down for this season.
    Does community ownership mean that those who get involved put in an amount EVERY season or is it a one time thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    GVE doesn't have a good record with younger players. He gets the odd successful one through but he also has a long list of collateral damage as well.
    He hardly did Craig Goodwin any favours.
    Good thing he hasn’t been coaching the best Australian talent then....

So has anyone heard about Matt Millar? His loan deal should have finished by now. Do we have a fee paid? Is he in hotel quarantine?

Interesting this hasn't been raised yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

New manager wants him to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    New manager wants him to stay?
    Yeah, he does. But i haven't seen anything agreed so he "should" be coming back, shouldn't he?

I wonder if he can't get a flight or if he's one of the Shrewsbury players affected by COVID? He hasn't been in their last few matches and their FA Cup match against Southampton didn't proceed this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

?
    i cant believe we are that lucky he hasn't got a current role and can join us that quickly. Might go buy a lottery ticket.

Yeah, he does. But i haven't seen anything agreed so he "should" be coming back, shouldn't he?

I wonder if he can't get a flight or if he's one of the Shrewsbury players affected by COVID? He hasn't been in their last few matches and their FA Cup match against Southampton didn't proceed this week.
    In one of the threads somebody posted about Shrewsbury fans forum.
    Apparently they missed the window to make the loan permanent or extend it, and he was set to leave.