Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Make Ibini train with the yoof
    Even Stanny has cracked, never thought I'd see the day.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I cannot see a single positive from keeping him other than to be a bully and maybe to cuddle the egos of people who can't handle rejection.
    99% of self made rich people are outrageous assholes (100% of inherited wealth people are assholes). Being bullies and possessing a fragile ego is pretty much a requirement of 'success' in today's environment. Add to that the extra wankery in owning a sporting franchise and there's no way in hell the owner is going to let himself look weak in these situations.
    Granted, at the moment Lee doesn't care so the gypo could maybe talk him around, but on the whole asking rich people to do the moral and right thing by humans is never an intelligent pathway.
    I want Uga in the best team for him personally because I love watching him play and I hate the Jets. Happy to grab a torch and head down to Marathon to lead the revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Even Stanny has cracked, never thought I'd see the day.
    Him being a tosspot doesnt remove his quality as a footballer

This is why we we need GVE back as Coach. He'd have Ibini training on his own in Mario Jardel corner quicker than you could blink.

Help is on the way from Blofeld and the climate kid...no owners, no salaries, no transfer fees.

Made for the Jets.

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    This is why we we need GVE back as Coach. He'd have Ibini training on his own in Mario Jardel corner quicker than you could blink.
    Agreed, Time he was made to do Kasey laps til his petulant " i miss my welcher mate carl " attitude has been adjusted.

What’s the point of contracts?

If the club wants to get rid of a player under contract we’d have to pay them out of find them a deal they would be happy with. We can’t just say hey, don’t want you, bye.

The player seems to be able to get out of their side of the contract and the club are not compensated in any way.

What benefits do clubs have to signing a player to a contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    99% of self made rich people are outrageous assholes (100% of inherited wealth people are assholes)
    I married into wealth. What is the probability that I am an arsehole?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    What’s the point of contracts?

If the club wants to get rid of a player under contract we’d have to pay them out of find them a deal they would be happy with. We can’t just say hey, don’t want you, bye.

The player seems to be able to get out of their side of the contract and the club are not compensated in any way.

What benefits do clubs have to signing a player to a contract?
    This is all because some idiot decided that transfer fees between clubs would be a negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Isn't your wife, Annette Van Egmond, a teacher or something? Can't be too wealthy.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I married into a family of paupers. I must be the dead set bestest bloke in the whole wide world.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Depending on the level of wealth.
    If you married into a family with a few car yards or a building company you are probably ok, especially if you worm your way into working for the family business.
    If you married into google or westfield you would have had to go though an approval process and being an asshole is a pretty major ingredient.
    Regardless, you inevitably end up convincing yourself you've earned that cash so the slow burn to assholeness is well and truly lit.

Also, arsehole and asshole are 2 completely different kettles of fish.but thats a whole other thing altogether.

I absolutely hate this " he signed a contract and should be forced to stay here and shut his mouth" hot take. This isn't slavery, contracts are not laws and only an idiot would want to keep an employee who doesn't want to stay as there is Zero chance you'll get good work from them anyway.

I cannot see a single positive from keeping him other than to be a bully and maybe to cuddle the egos of people who can't handle rejection.

As for the contractual stuff, we have already paid him for any work he's completed. So he has zero obligation to continue working for us from a legal stand point. All we can do is block him from playing elsewhere, which is childish and would likely be the end of the club as no other professional would ever sign a contract with us again.

Again, please grow up and realise that the only real issues here are that we are a basket case of a club that players don't want to play for right now, and there is no financial incentives available to us to cover the investment we made. Blame the FFA for that, not Ibini or Uga.
    Couldn't disagree more.

There's a reason why contracts exist in the professional world: to be enforced when someone behaves like a d*ck.
    Handshakes or giving one's word are not for everyone... this is growing up (unfortunately, one might add...).
    He wants out, he pays the fee (if there is one)

Allowing primadonnas and their agents to act like this is the best possible way to get treated like an idiot again in the future

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.

There's a reason why contracts exist in the professional world: to be enforced when someone behaves like a d*ck.
    Handshakes or giving one's word are not for everyone... this is growing up (unfortunately, one might add...).
    He wants out, he pays the fee (if there is one)

Allowing primadonnas and their agents to act like this is the best possible way to get treated like an idiot again in the future
    Does the player have to agree to be loaned out. If not Loan him out to Wellington for the year that would be us being an asshole

Wish Optus would let me out of my phone contract as easy as the Jets do.

I’m in the middle of piss off if you don’t want to be here and you shouldn’t be able to play for another a league club.

May as well scrap contracts all together, until transfer fees/compensation becomes a thing

I swear a few of you kids seem to not know what a contract is. A contract isn't ownership. We don't do slavery anymore, sorry to disappoint a few of you it seems.

I think Ibini is a rubbish player and will be happy when he's gone, but I can't see how he's done anything wrong here. He signed a contract and then the club went and released the only reason he was here within a few weeks. Of course he would want to go, the club (and Lawrie in particular) would have known this when making the decision to allow Carl to walk and now they are looking like fools by trying to force a player to stay against their will.

Making him stay would do more damage to our already laughable image as a club than keeping him and letting him poison the dressing room, or waste the money on wages and not playing him all together. Other players will know how poorly the club will treat them when things go wrong and steer clear of the place.

Brem, you hit the nail on the head. Why have long term contracts if there's nothing to stop players wanting to leave every season? We've got all the negatives and none of the positives of contact dealings in our current system. Transfer fees actually force the richer clubs to have to compensate smaller clubs and would level the playing field more than what we have now anyways. It's a joke that they don't allow them IMO.

or waste the money on wages and not playing him all together.
    Yeah remember the time a player wanted out of their contract and sooked so we let him go but then demanded his outstanding wages on the way out so OUR CLUB PAID HIM.

don't underestimate our clubs ability to always look stupid. Trust the process we'll cock this one up too.

I think your method is righteous and fair and look forward to you supporting the club when they refuse to pay wages for players left out of the match day squad. I mean why pay people to not play right?

Legit though transfer fees will go a long way to fixing this the league is stupid for not doing it from day 1.

but if you have transfer fees then the rich clubs can just poach from the poor clubs!!!!!

Which, of course, is what happens now but without any transfer fees. Just players demanding they be let go and have their contracts mutually terminated, ****ing over the poor clubs.

I swear a few of you kids seem to not know what a contract is. A contract isn't ownership. We don't do slavery anymore, sorry to disappoint a few of you it seems.

I think Ibini is a rubbish player and will be happy when he's gone, but I can't see how he's done anything wrong here. He signed a contract and then the club went and released the only reason he was here within a few weeks. Of course he would want to go, the club (and Lawrie in particular) would have known this when making the decision to allow Carl to walk and now they are looking like fools by trying to force a player to stay against their will.

Making him stay would do more damage to our already laughable image as a club than keeping him and letting him poison the dressing room, or waste the money on wages and not playing him all together. Other players will know how poorly the club will treat them when things go wrong and steer clear of the place.

Brem, you hit the nail on the head. Why have long term contracts if there's nothing to stop players wanting to leave every season? We've got all the negatives and none of the positives of contact dealings in our current system. Transfer fees actually force the richer clubs to have to compensate smaller clubs and would level the playing field more than what we have now anyways. It's a joke that they don't allow them IMO.
    If you are not sure what a contract means in professional sport, ask Messi. Or simply, as someone said, try to get out of a contract with a phone company. It's called real life.
    Do you think Barca is doing slavery?
    Messi wasn't happy to stay, they forced him... I'm sure he's not there mucking around and being a negative influence for the rest of the team: I could bet he's working his ass off every day to win as much as he can.
    AKA: being a professional.

Other clubs could afford to let players go because they had alternatives (e.g. Liverpool).
    The Jets don't.

Then, if you think Ibini is trash, that's subjective and we'll probably never know.
    I think he's one of our best players and he'll be great value. What is the alternative? Kosta?

BTW, should we let Uga go as well?
    Because at that stage, other players will feel entitled to go somewhere else because they don't like it here anymore: where does it stop?