Page 56 of 100 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Am I the only one who thinks Millar was a very good signing?
    Yes he provides a lot more on the offensive side, and could be used better (he is now, it seems).
    Let's not forget this is the A-league, after all. He could easily be picked by a bigger Aussie club.
    I doubt a Rhyan Grant would be picked by any club outside Australia. Just picked a random player, totally unrelated to his horrific haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Yes he provides a lot more on the offensive side, and could be used better (he is now, it seems).
    Let's not forget this is the A-league, after all. He could easily be picked by a bigger Aussie club.
    I doubt a Rhyan Grant would be picked by any club outside Australia. Just picked a random player, totally unrelated to his horrific haircut.
    I certainly respect your opinion. I personally get very frustrated with miller. The way I see it is when he stays wide and uses speed he is a solid a-league player. Alternatively, when he cuts inside and tries to beat players when dribble or makes passes that regularly don't hit one of our players, he looks state league level.
    The main thing to consider here is that merrick wanted us playing narrow and therefore limiting our play to suit Miller's strengths whereas Robinson has us using The full pitch so hopefully we'll see a better miller from now on

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Being the bloke couldn't get a club in UK with his CV and has barely played in the last 2 years at 33 years of age alarm bells really should be ringing that we ain't done a Jardel again

I will give the guy until 8pm Saturday night before an assessment can be made
    please leave the Messiah out of this, it wasn't his fault he was way past his best when the Jets went shopping....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    I certainly respect your opinion. I personally get very frustrated with miller. The way I see it is when he stays wide and uses speed he is a solid a-league player. Alternatively, when he cuts inside and tries to beat players when dribble or makes passes that regularly don't hit one of our players, he looks state league level.
    The main thing to consider here is that merrick wanted us playing narrow and therefore limiting our play to suit Miller's strengths whereas Robinson has us using The full pitch so hopefully we'll see a better miller from now on
    Because he doesnt really have a left foot
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I didn't realise how long it's been since Ledley has played regular football. Hopefully he turns up 40 kg overweight so the Foz can get back to doing what it does best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    GYPO Miller is actually the victim of being poorly coached

I not just talking about @Jets I talking about from 14 years of age to now

With his speed and fitness the guy has the building blocks for a professional career in Europe with a couple of years in the HAL under his belt before a transfer O/S at 21

But no we have a bloke who defensively is State League Level and a bloke whose decision making is disgraceful in attack and at 23 is still a couple of years of solid work from being ready for a tilt at Europe

Just shows how piss poor we are at developing players thanks to our poor coaching levels in Oz

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I didn't realise how long it's been since Ledley has played regular football. Hopefully he turns up 40 kg overweight so the Foz can get back to doing what it does best.
    It is the Jets

Just assume all signings are either
    1 recently injured
    2 chronically injured
    3 not good enough at their last club
    4 not good enough for us

You cover 95% of signings under these circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    GYPO Miller is actually the victim of being poorly coached

I not just talking about @Jets I talking about from 14 years of age to now

With his speed and fitness the guy has the building blocks for a professional career in Europe with a couple of years in the HAL under his belt before a transfer O/S at 21

But no we have a bloke who defensively is State League Level and a bloke whose decision making is disgraceful in attack and at 23 is still a couple of years of solid work from being ready for a tilt at Europe

Just shows how piss poor we are at developing players thanks to our poor coaching levels in Oz
    This x 1000

But nothing will change til people stop talking up the HAL. The league is sub standard on a monumental scale but those who make a living from it don't want to address it or see improvement for fear of being left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This x 1000

But nothing will change til people stop talking up the HAL. The league is sub standard on a monumental scale but those who make a living from it don't want to address it or see improvement for fear of being left behind.
    The same applies to junior development in Australia which is unaffordable for too many and a nice money spinner for a handful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The same applies to junior development in Australia which is unaffordable for too many and a nice money spinner for a handful.
    The A League is now full of those types D. The ones who can't play for shit can't complete a 5 yard pass but are at this level because they had the financial resources to get there through overpriced pathways.

Ridenton spotted at training today so what the **** is actually going on cause as long as he is here Ledley cant play I'd assume
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ridenton spotted at training today so what the **** is actually going on cause as long as he is here Ledley cant play I'd assume
    Ridenton will be waiting for the 5 visa thing to go through at season's end.

Otherwise he's training with us until he has a deal next season, since we dropped him mid season without a window to sign elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Ridenton will be waiting for the 5 visa thing to go through at season's end.

Otherwise he's training with us until he has a deal next season, since we dropped him mid season without a window to sign elsewhere.
    But then it makes to sense as to why the news regarding his release is no longer on the clubs website

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    The club is run by a Gypo yet you think everything is straight forward and crystal clear

FMD

Gotta give kudos to Ridenton, I don't rate him one bit as footballer, Can't complete a 5 yard pass to a player in the same shirt and piss weak on the ball but the bloke has just been told he no longer required however he sees the bigger picture by not burning any bridges continue to train in a team environment and wait and see whats in store for him next.

I would imagine he would have been paid up and free to move on both from a personal and professional perspective. Probs a difficult thing for him to hang around but says a bit about him and the off field qualities any potential club would be looking for in a player. Fair play to him IMO.

How do visa shenanigans work for Kiwis? He isn't working for the Jets anymore, so is he just here holidaying?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    How do visa shenanigans work for Kiwis? He isn't working for the Jets anymore, so is he just here holidaying?
    He wouldn't have any problem being here

Oz and NZ pretty much have open borders with each other

If you want you can get a job there pretty easily

Well you should be the brightest **** in the entire country

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Ok, so i want to ask you all.....and please everyone who reads the foz please get involved. Dimi Petratos, now he is good don't get me wrong. But the level he is playing is by no means anywhere near his capability, 1. Do we think needs a new club or 2. Will Robinson (see what i did there) be able to make him a championship winning player again?