Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

At this point Robbo has my trust

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Signed for four games as a cheap backup, probably cost a meat tray, O'Toole will finish the season.

Who cares?
    This

I'm ok with giving NPL players a chance in the HAL, especially given how little this season means.

But why recycle another ex-gypo who couldn't make it with an even worse squad than ours? Go find some 20-25 yr old who might not get a chance otherwise and give them a run. No complaints about the scholarship kid they've given a chance to.

This is exactly why some of us dislike Lawrie, instead of going out and looking for player they just went with one of his old mates from Gosford, zero effort from him and everyone else involved. They've had plenty of time to talk to some agents or go scout some NPL footage whilst on break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

With a game tomorrow is the squad out

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm ok with giving NPL players a chance in the HAL, especially given how little this season means.

But why recycle another ex-gypo who couldn't make it with an even worse squad than ours? Go find some 20-25 yr old who might not get a chance otherwise and give them a run. No complaints about the scholarship kid they've given a chance to.

This is exactly why some of us dislike Lawrie, instead of going out and looking for player they just went with one of his old mates from Gosford, zero effort from him and everyone else involved. They've had plenty of time to talk to some agents or go scout some NPL footage whilst on break.
    I advocated for something similar a while back and thought the club should give Thomas James from the Wollongong Wolves an opportunity. Was glad to see Perth throw him an A league chance til seasons end.

Signed for four games as a cheap backup, probably cost a meat tray, O'Toole will finish the season.

Who cares?
    I imagine some dude who keeps stats but that's about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I imagine some dude who keeps stats but that's about it
    Been quiet, you probably need some research action - regale us in tales of Mickey's history!
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Hoolohan ain't coming back

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Hoolohan ain't coming back
    Source?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Source?
    BBC and also the social medias of what ever team he just signed a 1 year deal with

BBC and also the social medias of what ever team he just signed a 1 year deal with
    Cambridge

We’d have to be one of the worst in the league for getting value for money “marquee” players.

Cambridge
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    We’d have to be one of the worst in the league for getting value for money “marquee” players.
    By all accounts, Wes wasn't eating up much of the salary cap but I get your point.

By all accounts, Wes wasn't eating up much of the salary cap but I get your point.
    Yeah the vibe is fine, I mean I would argue WSW have far worse luck with theirs..

But it is worth everyone knowing Wessi was not a marquee for us, and was paid really low salary by his choice. The rumours the year prior when he nearly signed for Melbourne were he was asking for less than 100k, so I safely assume we weren't paying much more.

Lawrie is always vague on the detail but from what I can pick up, our only marquee currently would possibly be Roy. Lawrie has flirted with the near-marquee talk re: Roy for years, and phernz will need to confirm but I'm sure in one of the Jerkstream interviews Lawrie actually confirmed Roy was upgraded to marquee at one point.
    OK

I'd consider this one an opportunity lost, Wes hadn't shown us his best yet, he would have been very useful to hold on to.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I'd consider this one an opportunity lost, Wes hadn't shown us his best yet, he would have been very useful to hold on to.
    Wes enjoyed his time at the Jets but he's happy to be with Cambridge now.
    From interviews it sounds like he was never going to be here long term and always wanted to play for Cambridge.

It's football - we move on.

If he has a baby due in October, why even try to come back here the way things are right now.

If he has a baby due in October, why even try to come back here the way things are right now.
    Exactly

Oh yeh, I mean no problem with him going to Cambridge or cap space or anything in particular. With everything happening don’t blame him going back. Just feel like we have terrible luck sometimes. Confirmation bias and all that I guess.

Just seems so like the Jets to get an ex premier league player out here, play a handful of pre season games and look good, get injured, come back for a few cameos in a pandemic affected season and leave.

Which foreign players in recent years do we think have had a positive impact? (Or an impact worthy of a foreign position).