Page 76 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

All this stuff coming out of the club / Lawrie is good to know. He seems to cop a lot of flack. I am thinking (hoping to believe) from what we hear that the situation is as he says:
    - getting nothing / very little out of Lee
    - the club having to find alternate funds / making financial decisions to keep a float (ie off loading players for money) so that existing players and staff keep getting paid (this would be a nightmare to manage/juggle).
    - now trying to find a cheap coach (fit the "budget") to progress the season.
    - trying hard to sell the club to divorce from "lack of funds lee" and hoping a buyer will exist and be likely to give us money to spend. This one in this current climate must be too big an ask. Who would want to take it on, especially with the a-league being in a dire state.....
    Anyway, i am hoping to believe this, and if the case, it seems the club is doing it's best to keep a float. Trouble too is, with players saying they want out but are contract binding how is this going to effect all the players - "mentality". Again, if this is correct, i feel that maybe some muck (blame) could be thrown Robbo's way for possibly stirring this to get his pick of players out of there across to him. If so, this is a bit i have problem with. Ok, he had a get out clause in his contract because we couldn't afford his price without it, leaving is tough for us, but ok, its in his contract, but his actions thereafter are "do whatever it takes, shit all over us" to get the outcome he wants with ripping players from us and it's not "ethical". I maybe wrong with this "assumption", but this is what i suspect / it feels like.

Yeah, i live a fairy tale world. I can only hope..... I too am worried about our club.

Was JOWIC at training, or have we let him go to Brisvegas?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by gussie_l View Post
    All this stuff coming out of the club / Lawrie is good to know. He seems to cop a lot of flack. I am thinking (hoping to believe) from what we hear that the situation is as he says:
    - getting nothing / very little out of Lee
    - the club having to find alternate funds / making financial decisions to keep a float (ie off loading players for money) so that existing players and staff keep getting paid (this would be a nightmare to manage/juggle).
    - now trying to find a cheap coach (fit the "budget") to progress the season.
    - trying hard to sell the club to divorce from "lack of funds lee" and hoping a buyer will exist and be likely to give us money to spend. This one in this current climate must be too big an ask. Who would want to take it on, especially with the a-league being in a dire state.....
    Anyway, i am hoping to believe this, and if the case, it seems the club is doing it's best to keep a float. Trouble too is, with players saying they want out but are contract binding how is this going to effect all the players - "mentality". Again, if this is correct, i feel that maybe some muck (blame) could be thrown Robbo's way for possibly stirring this to get his pick of players out of there across to him. If so, this is a bit i have problem with. Ok, he had a get out clause in his contract because we couldn't afford his price without it, leaving is tough for us, but ok, its in his contract, but his actions thereafter are "do whatever it takes, shit all over us" to get the outcome he wants with ripping players from us and it's not "ethical". I maybe wrong with this "assumption", but this is what i suspect / it feels like.

Yeah, i live a fairy tale world. I can only hope..... I too am worried about our club.
    Ffs mods how many multis are you gonna let that gypo ceo have on here?

Just watched the interview with Lawrie. Did he just sell me a used car ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't think there is anyone actually left at the PFA to refute his claims
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Nope, A Jayco.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Nope, A Jayco.
    Nice one 380, but the truth is these two dickheads have pretty much fukt us, untenable is what the CEO's say
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Joey loaned to Brisbane roar

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Joey loaned to Brisbane roar
    Ha ha ha that's a classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Ha ha ha that's a classic
    We have alot of new people to hate this season. Bring it on

Duncan training with us as well

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Duncan training with us as well
    I did not know he was carrying a long term injury. Is it an ACL ?

Hopefully we can help Duncan get back to where he was.
    Will be a good signing for somebody else.

Do we qualify as a charity yet?
    Would be nice for those who aren’t woke enough to remove their Credit card details from auto renewal, to be able to claim their donation in their tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Hopefully we can help Duncan get back to where he was.
    Will be a good signing for somebody else.

Would be nice for those who aren’t woke enough to remove their Credit card details from auto renewal, to be able to claim their donation in their tax.
    Club have already come out and said they aren't renewing via auto-renewal this year. Can't bash them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Nice one 380, but the truth is these two dickheads have pretty much fukt us, untenable is what the CEO's say
    Luckily no one noticed my grammatical error. phew.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Club have already come out and said they aren't renewing via auto-renewal this year. Can't bash them for that.
    and they are telling the truth 'this time'?.
    To be fair though, asking if they can rob us rather than just stealing is a pleasant change.
    To be fair though they've prob sacked the I.T guy and have no idea how to process the payments anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

Should qualify easy as a Not For Profit.....

www.newcastlejets.org.au
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

So can someone tell me how many more players we have to sign to meet the minimum squad requirements next season?

And what date we have to have them finalized by?

I can see a few Bymora's and Josh Hope's getting a deal over the next month to fill out squad numbers.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Italiano

Hoffman - Johny K - Topor - O'Toole

Uga(Simmons) - Kanta

Ramy - Thurgate. - Ibini (Kosta)

Roy

Bench = James, Simmons, Kosta, Maki, Langlois, Jackson and Mauragis.

That's roughly a guess at our starting 11 as of right now. If Uga and Ibini leave, which you'd think will happen logically, we are even more boned. Jackson is obviously returning from injury and will take time, Boogs may resign for another season but hasn't as yet.

And who doubted that we could set the bar any lower than it was before?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Italiano

Hoffman - Johny K - Topor - O'Toole

Uga(Simmons) - Kanta

Ramy - Thurgate. - Ibini (Kosta)

Roy

Bench = James, Simmons, Kosta, Maki, Langlois, Jackson and Mauragis.

That's roughly a guess at our starting 11 as of right now. If Uga and Ibini leave, which you'd think will happen logically, we are even more boned. Jackson is obviously returning from injury and will take time, Boogs may resign for another season but hasn't as yet.

And who doubted that we could set the bar any lower than it was before?
    Boogs has resigned I think. Swear lawrie mentioned it the other day