Page 67 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Oh yeh, I mean no problem with him going to Cambridge or cap space or anything in particular. With everything happening don’t blame him going back. Just feel like we have terrible luck sometimes. Confirmation bias and all that I guess.

Just seems so like the Jets to get an ex premier league player out here, play a handful of pre season games and look good, get injured, come back for a few cameos in a pandemic affected season and leave.

Which foreign players in recent years do we think have had a positive impact? (Or an impact worthy of a foreign position).
    That's a really good question.

Roy's numbers are very impressive in his short time here so I would put him on the list.

Pato could have an argument founded around him, so could Vargas, Ki-Je, Jaliens and Poljak.

Other than that, we're getting back 7-8 seasons and there isn't a lot to choose from. Vargas SHOULD have, and was looking like he would have other than rotten luck similar to Wes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I would have Potato back in a heartbeat. To this day i don't reckon Bert gave him a real crack. If memory serves me correctly he was the original one sought by the club but Bert insisted they went after his team mate. Don't think Bert thought much of the club eventually bringing him out to fill the gap left by Vargas after the ankle snap.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I would have Potato back in a heartbeat. To this day i don't reckon Bert gave him a real crack. If memory serves me correctly he was the original one sought by the club but Bert insisted they went after his team mate. Don't think Bert thought much of the club eventually bringing him out to fill the gap left by Vargas after the ankle snap.
    It was between him and Vargas, I recall. The club went for Vargas and then got Pato with the injury - and then we had both!
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

My memory is both were on offer - Ernie wanted Potato, Joel wanted Ronnie. I think I even recall Ernie saying he owed Joel a bottle of champagne or similar for how great Ronnie looked when he arrived, I think they had a bet on it or similar.
    OK

From what I remember from Pato, Great technique, But lazy work ethic on and off the pitch and Ernie felt he didnt suit our system and ignored coaching instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Pato has a lot of talent but he's failed to realise his potential at too many clubs for us to take a chance on him.
    At 30 years of age he's not played a lot of football in the past five years or so and is now signed to a club in Bolivia after failing to score in 12 appearances in Portugal.
    The bad news is he has only made two appearances for a total of around 90 mins since 2019.

He's finished - too much drama for not a lot of end product. And you'd hardly want him around to help out the youngsters coming up.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 30-07-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Agree with Dunster, wouldn't want him back but will always love him for calmly slotting one past the Gypo Kennedy on debut.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We never deserved Dimi, anyway.

Can't wait for the fans to whinge as much about his significantly worse replacement.
    OK

Good luck to Dimi if he can earn a good pay cheque over there.

If i remember correctly we made a quid from the short lived stint in Korea then we had him come to the club and got some great football out of him for the most part. If we have got another sum on the back of this latest move then IMO both the club and its supporters should feel ok about this.

Good luck to Dimi if he can earn a good pay cheque over there.

If i remember correctly we made a quid from the short lived stint in Korea then we had him come to the club and got some great football out of him for the most part. If we have got another sum on the back of this latest move then IMO both the club and its supporters should feel ok about this.
    I’m happy if we reinvest the cash. We showed we can win without him in the team

Will Martin Lee just pocket the transfer fee?
    Bloke doesn’t really seem to give a toss Atm, and fair enough, it’s his money, but I’m not getting my hopes up.

Not a bad thing - he knows the new world order won't be built around him so go grab some coin.

As he is such a family centred guy I expect him to be back in 12 months.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Could Dimi's lack of recent game time be due to Carl wanting to get ready for a future without Dimi playing for us ?

I'd like to think we can use the transfer fee to help pay for Ibini but I'm experienced enough to know the club won't see a cent of it.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-08-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Could Dimi's lack of recent game time be due to Carl wanting to get ready for a future without Dimi playing for us ?
    That's my take

Also, I think Boogaard might be suspended for round 1 next season. He picked up his 8th yellow card of the season which equates to a 1 match ban.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

I'd like to think we can use the transfer fee to help pay for Ibini but I'm experienced enough to know the club won't see a cent of it.
    That was my thoughts too. Maybe Dimi made Carl aware of it. Carl decides to plan for future and Bench him .
    Sensible and respectful from both parties if that’s the case.

I don't think we should underestimate the hole Dimi will leave if the rumours turn out to be true.

1st season - equal top goal scorer and most assists
    2nd season - 2nd most goals and assists
    3rd season - Leading goal scorer and most assists

That's a massive contribution to fill.

probably unrealistic but what would thoughts be on signing ninkovic to replace dimi?? he's currently off contract and although he isn't as good as he used to be i think he's still a good player for any team in the a-league

Players who can run at or around other players are hard to come by. Will be missed if he goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.