Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1215

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

  1. #921
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,923
    Am reasonably comfortable with this. Let's face it...

    * End of transfer window, who else are you going to get?
    * He would be here on reduced coin after a Roar payout.
    * This is really his last chance anywhere.
    * Our back ups are nothing to write home about.
    * This gives us a fall back for when Arroyo leaves - we can then seriously look at another striker for next season.
    * If the Robinson deal is almost done he would have been consulted.
    * Roy was dropped too quickly to be based soley on form - I have no doubt this is similar to McDonald and he told Fowler he was a line snorter or similar at training one night.
    * Roy and Wes should click.

    If he can beat the Gypos again next week all is forgiven.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 01-02-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  2. #922
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Never let facts get in the way, hey?

    Roy was offered a contract. He turned it down in favour of better terms from the Roar.

    I don’t even know where to start on your last sentence....
    He still wasn't wanted by the Jets so don't let's facts get in the way if it

    If Bert and Gypo wanted him they would have offered a suitable deal to keep him wouldn't they

    They were in negotiations and the Jets walked away and withdrew their offer to him

    So he ended up at Roar because he wasn't wanted enough here
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  3. #923
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He still wasn't wanted by the Jets so don't let's facts get in the way if it

    If Bert and Gypo wanted him they would have offered a suitable deal to keep him wouldn't they

    They were in negotiations and the Jets walked away and withdrew their offer to him

    So he ended up at Roar because he wasn't wanted enough here
    So, we offered him a deal and you come to the conclusion that we didn't want him?

    That's some nice logic you've got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  4. #924
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He still wasn't wanted by the Jets so don't let's facts get in the way if it

    If Bert and Gypo wanted him they would have offered a suitable deal to keep him wouldn't they

    They were in negotiations and the Jets walked away and withdrew their offer to him

    So he ended up at Roar because he wasn't wanted enough here
    I don’t get this. We offer him a contract and cause our owner is a tight ass we can’t match the Roar’s offer. I bet Bert wanted him but cause he only had peanuts in the purse he misses out. We wanted him just we are so poorly run.
    When Roy scores next week and the Member has his member in his hand celebrating we will remind you of the last few posts

  5. #925
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    As I understand it the jets desperately wanted Roy, But they were only prepared to offer him a one year deal as he turned 34 in August. He wanted a 2 year deal which Brisbane offered.

  6. #926
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,242
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I don’t get this. We offer him a contract and cause our owner is a tight ass we can’t match the Roar’s offer. I bet Bert wanted him but cause he only had peanuts in the purse he misses out. We wanted him just we are so poorly run.
    When Roy scores next week and the Member has his member in his hand celebrating we will remind you of the last few posts
    It the Gypos

    If ain't an achievement to score on them
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  7. #927
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    As I understand it the jets desperately wanted Roy, But they were only prepared to offer him a one year deal as he turned 34 in August. He wanted a 2 year deal which Brisbane offered.
    Thats pretty much it as it was told to us at the time, Was all about contract duration ( 2 season deal ) not the coin. Now after 1/2 a season at Brisvegas struggling for form he is back on a season and a half deal. There is a script in this for another Monty Python offering.

    Like the member said , Only at the Jets.

  8. #928
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Thats pretty much it as it was told to us at the time, Was all about contract duration ( 2 season deal ) not the coin. Now after 1/2 a season at Brisvegas struggling for form he is back on a season and a half deal. There is a script in this for another Monty Python offering.

    Like the member said , Only at the Jets.
    It's probably a good deal for both parties

  9. #929
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,451
    maybe the jets said to roy "we'll give you an 18 month deal for the same money we offered for the 12 month deal last year".

    Roy would know he's probably not going to pick up a better deal than that in the short term. not sure if he has a family - if he does, it's a lot less disruption than moving to vietnam or somewhere similar.

  10. #930
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    maybe the jets said to roy "we'll give you an 18 month deal for the same money we offered for the 12 month deal last year".

    Roy would know he's probably not going to pick up a better deal than that in the short term. not sure if he has a family - if he does, it's a lot less disruption than moving to vietnam or somewhere similar.
    He has a wife and 1 kid

  11. #931
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,702
    NBN Deans on Roy's return (Monday)
    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsmonday030220.mp4

    NBN Roy on his return (Tuesday)

    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsroy040220.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  12. #932
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,702
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  13. #933
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,750
    So how many minutes do we all think Wessi is gonna get this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  14. #934
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So how many minutes do we all think Wessi is gonna get this weekend?
    0 minutes.

  15. #935
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So how many minutes do we all think Wessi is gonna get this weekend?
    He isn't in the squad

  16. #936
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    0 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He isn't in the squad
    I am totally shocked by this. There hasn't been any injury set backs, and he was fit enough to play last week. Surely the club wouldn't lie to us about his availability just to convince some punters to come watch his first Jets game knowing full well that he wouldn't feature? That would be despicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  17. #937
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I am totally shocked by this. There hasn't been any injury set backs, and he was fit enough to play last week. Surely the club wouldn't lie to us about his availability just to convince some punters to come watch his first Jets game knowing full well that he wouldn't feature? That would be despicable.
    As am I as we havent been given a reason why
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  18. #938
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,813
    Why risk him in a potential hack fest wet derby?

  19. #939
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,923
    He said himself he only feels 80-90% fit.

    He's a pro, he'll play when he is fit. Mad to risk him in heat last week and similar letting him come on to be butchered by Simon.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  20. #940
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,030
    As previously mentioned there was no excuse for the club giving any inclination whatsoever he was a chance last weekend. Using the heat excuse is just lame as the extreme temps was predicted long before the club started talking shit up about his inclusion one way or another in all forms of media from TV to electronic rags and we have not heard anything of a setback as Frodo said.

    The club has once again exceeded its own benchmark for shit information to its supporters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •