Page 83 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Backtracking a tiny bit..

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Speaking of subjective, I do wonder how much people think we pay Ibini to see him as great value.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I agree.

He was on $434k / $US304k per season in 2018 @ Vancouver. For that he played 25 games and scored one goal.
    He was grossly overpaid and given the situation that eventuated at Vancouver it's no wonder questions were being asked of Robinson and his player manager mate.
    If the Jets are paying him even half that they need to offload him sooner rather than later.
    Dunst - looks like we have had a form of closure on our concerns. I think Stanny was pretty keen on knowing this too.

If you choose to believe Lawrie's direct words, as seen in the last two minutes of the below video, Bernie is our highest paid player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Good presentation by Lawrie and the last two minutes are the best overview of the Ibini situation you will hear.

"I can't wait till he's away from this club"

OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Interesting points:
    - an online GP gave him a mental health certificate/assessment
    - we made him get clearance before he returned to training
    I found these very interesting, and also how Lawrie said 3 players in the league are doing this. I find it fair to assume Max Burgess is one of them. This, of course, if you choose to believe the direct words from Lawrie.
    OK

He’s also represented by Avid

Funny how many are with Avid.. also Patrick Langlois who is rumoured to have left?
    still a few jets players on the books

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Do they? I reckon they have no leverage unless Ibini was training from the off
    Absolutely they do!!

We've been saying we want him as part of the team for this season. Now our CEO says we want him out.

If I'm the Union or his agent I'm walking straight in there and saying "You want my client out? Pay him out and release him".

The tide has turned - Ibini wanted out, we wanted him to stay. Now there's account that the one most likely to be negotiating wants him out...all our argument has gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Imagine that coming from the CEO, ffs. This club is so amateurish that it could get an account on the PH Community section.

I am no Lawrie fan but all i got from that was he questioned the seriousness of the situation if the person seeking help seeked it from a online source.

I think its reasonable to think if somebody needs that type of help in there lives then personal face to face qualified intervention is the best avenue to go down not some Dr Google with a Dr's chit book at a price and your credit card details.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I am no Lawrie fan but all i got from that was he questioned the seriousness of the situation if the person seeking help seeked it from a online source.

I think its reasonable to think if somebody needs that type of help in there lives then personal face to face qualified intervention is the best avenue to go down not some Dr Google with a Dr's chit book at a price and your credit card details.
    To be fair, Lawrie is a dinosaur, so questioning the modern world and things like the "internet" isn't that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Absolutely they do!!

We've been saying we want him as part of the team for this season. Now our CEO says we want him out.

If I'm the Union or his agent I'm walking straight in there and saying "You want my client out? Pay him out and release him".

The tide has turned - Ibini wanted out, we wanted him to stay. Now there's account that the one most likely to be negotiating wants him out...all our argument has gone.
    Ibini has been way more unprofessional then a comment from Lawrie surely.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Assuming I've translated Lawrie's direct words correctly, errors and omissions excepted:
    - "When people take the piss, it's wrong, because it affects so many people and so many families because it's real"
    - "his mental health issues disappeared"
    - "all of a sudden he was healthy"
    - "three players using it in the league at the moment, and it is disgraceful"
    - "there are certain agents in the world who are advising people to use that mental health thing and I think it is disrespectful to anybody who suffers from anxiety, depression, and stuff like that, because that's real."
    - "That's bullshit, what he's done, and I can't wait until he's away from this club and out of the place because you don't want fxxxers like that in Newcastle representing the club"

My interpretation of all that is Lawrie is much more than simply questioning the seriousness of it. There are direct accusations towards Bernie and two other players in the league by Lawrie there, is how I read it. Again, I stress, this is all if you are to believe the words that Lawrie says.

I am really interested in how the herald run this story tomorrow.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ibini has been way more unprofessional then a comment from Lawrie surely.
    Perhaps, but this has lowered him from the moral high ground and professional stance the club were/are taking. There wasn't a public chink in our armour. Now there is and Bernie, his agent and the PFA can, should and likely will exploit this.

If I were in their position, I would be!
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Perhaps, but this has lowered him from the moral high ground and professional stance the club were/are taking. There wasn't a public chink in our armour. Now there is and Bernie, his agent and the PFA can, should and likely will exploit this.

If I were in their position, I would be!
    Oh wells he ****off back overseas then. Wanderers just got Troisi so wouldn't have much dosh left

To be fair, Lawrie is a dinosaur, so questioning the modern world and things like the "internet" isn't that surprising.
    I get that but if and if being the operative word here individuals are being encouraged to seek help online for mental health issues just who is being derelict in regards to duty of care ?.

If somebody from Bernies camp has encouraged the bloke to go down that path they are either taking the piss in a pretty disgusting manner or literally failing Bernie in every way as both a client and person if he were to be really struggling to cope.

Just a hypothetical statement here not relating to any agency, club or players.

Three players handled by same management agency.
    All three Looking to get out of their current contracts
    All three citing mental health issues.
    All diagnosed by the same online doctor.

Could be legit. Could be strategic. Could Be fraudulent.

He's six years younger than Bill Gates and 11 years younger than Steve Wozniak.

You can sling shit at boomers all you like but they are still the puppet masters pulling the strings.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-12-2020 at 05:13 PM.

What a sad, bitter man he is. Absolute joke he is in a position of power in any organisation in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Just a hypothetical statement here not relating to any agency, club or players.

Three players handled by same management agency.
    All three Looking to get out of their current contracts
    All three citing mental health issues.
    All diagnosed by the same online doctor.

Could be legit. Could be strategic. Could Be fraudulent.
    In this hypothetical scenario one would hope due diligence, including but not limited to, Google searches were performed before engaging this agent as a prime source of involvement for your club. It sounds like an instance where prior warning is available. Hypothetically.
    OK

Even when Lawrie is trying to be funny, he is not funny !
    Even when Lawrie is trying to be intelligent, he is not intelligent !
    Even when Lawrie is trying to be professional, he is not professional !
    Even when Lawrie is trying to be factual, he is not factual !

He is embarrassing the club and its fans in the position of CEO.
    His capabilities are more suited to media manager instead of running the club.
    I'm sure Ernie Merrick could tell a few good stories of how inept Lawrie is at running a club !

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/stre...r-jets-dispute

“We’re hoping the Jets reconsider and resume negotiations with him,” said Hardy.

“In addition to losing their head coach the club also let four of their best players go in Dimi Petratos, James Donachie, Matt Millar and Nick Fitzgerald, and that has raised a lot of questions in Bernie’s mind.”
    Avid let Ibini down not the club,
    They represented these players that left and the coach.
    It appears Ibini had no idea what was going on either with respect to the player and coach exodus.
    Why didn't Avid look after him ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-12-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Lawrie would gladly trade places with Ibini. All Ibini has to do is turn up and play. Lawrie has to try and run a football club with an owner who hasn't put a cent into the club for over a year.
    I'm not pro Lawrie either but he's been thrown into a very bad situation and his frustration is showing.
    As far as wanting to leave and not being able to both Lawrie and Bernie might have a bit more in common than they realise.