Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You can pretty much forget this season. No recognized #10, A squad not even big enough to have a different player a day to promote the A League kick off countdown. Will have more spare chairs than players to fill the seats ( bench ) on the sideline. A permanent part time coaching staff with a bloke incharge who has said clearly he does not want the job.

I am tipping Ug is not the only remaining player who has had a gutful. Throw in the non auto renewal of memberships this season that i would bet my house on has severely impacted membership numbers by the thousands and you have a total cluster root of a situation.

Time to put this dying shit show out of its misery and hand a spot over to Wollongong or the ACT.
    Off you go, Support someone else then
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I imagine it'll be too late to sign a big name with the money we just got back from ibini

is there gonna be a mid season transfer? woud we be able to sign someone in that window
    Any money should go to paying off debt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

If we happen to get a result against the Phoenix it all of a sudden isn’t the worst preseason performance wise

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Off you go, Support someone else then
    I been going to United games as far back as the gardens so jog on.

The end game here is a strong domestic competition is it not ?. You want a comp carrying basket cases just so we can be involved, I got news for you sunshine have a look at the decline in the standard of the competition and the level of interest that standard is creating. It is this standard and declining interest that is reducing revenues and proving to be a monumental drain on clubs finances.

There is only one KPI by my reckoning that justifies us having a team in the sports premier competition and that is the loyalty of the ever resilient supporters but even that at some point is not enough.

At the end of the day the game comes first and for the premier comp in this country to do well clubs like ours and the scum down the road need to do better or be justifiably left behind.

Maybe 12 months out of the comp would have been a good thing, Get our overlord situation sorted and make a raft of changes off the field to generate additional revenue through sponsorships. A full 12 months to target some handy Visa players and local talent. We have left our run way too late for this season re Visa players with issues like available flights, arranging a spot in what is proving to be high demand quarantine spots and then getting them up to speed fitness wise.

Sometimes you just got to call it for what it is, Bit hard to fix shit if you don't want to acknowledge it.

I been going to United games as far back as the gardens so jog on.

The end game here is a strong domestic competition is it not ?. You want a comp carrying basket cases just so we can be involved, I got news for you sunshine have a look at the decline in the standard of the competition and the level of interest that standard is creating. It is this standard and declining interest that is reducing revenues and proving to be a monumental drain on clubs finances.

There is only one KPI by my reckoning that justifies us having a team in the sports premier competition and that is the loyalty of the ever resilient supporters but even that at some point is not enough.

At the end of the day the game comes first and for the premier comp in this country to do well clubs like ours and the scum down the road need to do better or be justifiably left behind.

Maybe 12 months out of the comp would have been a good thing, Get our overlord situation sorted and make a raft of changes off the field to generate additional revenue through sponsorships. A full 12 months to target some handy Visa players and local talent. We have left our run way too late for this season re Visa players with issues like available flights, arranging a spot in what is proving to be high demand quarantine spots and then getting them up to speed fitness wise.

Sometimes you just got to call it for what it is, Bit hard to fix shit if you don't want to acknowledge it.
    Ive acknowledged it but still backing my team. You sound like you've given up

If the status quo remains there is no team.

This club needs the broom put through it if it is to succeed. With all due respect to our CEO i don't want a CEO who is more at home discussing football matters, I want my CEO having very strong business acumen and come from a solid background in business management. I want the people charged with the responsibilities for the clubs revenues and financial viability to be business people first and football people a very distant second.

Does the club even employ an individual with comprehensive proven success in Business Development Management so that they together with a CEO with the experience i listed above can leverage past and present contacts in the commercial world to create revenue opportunities ?. I want somebody like our current CEO at the club but it must be in a position best suited to his abilities. Getting the right people in to fill these roles is just as important as finding a new overlord, My fear is if we have a disastrous season ( Stubbins like ) that will be the final nail in the coffin. There will not be any coming back from that. 12 months out like some at FFA suggested with some light at the end of the tunnel and the right people in the right roles relevant to there past employment skills is a lot more palatable.

Get rid of the cancer that is the current Newcastle Jets and start again, a Phoenix club, utilising a community ownership model.

Plenty of different ways to do it. There's already talk of scraping license fees anyway now that they want a second division. 10k fans at $300 a share is $3 million. Should be enough to start an A League 2 level side and build from there.

Otherwise we might need to split ownership of the club between an investor and community shares.

Whatever we do we need to make sure the shareholders/members get a say in what happens each year and can vote the board members out when we aren't happy. Make them actually work for us for a change instead of some rich owner who's only using us as a play thing that can be thrown away too easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

You and 380 need to get off the Gollum green, back on the Gandalf gold. mmmmmmmmmm tastes good
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

meh... i've been following "the newcastle team" since the gardens days too.
    I'm stoked we've got a team in the top tier competition, but even if that team were in a second tier competition i'd still be supporting them.
    I swear the atmosphere at the gardens was always better than "Hunter Stadium" though, maybe its just because that was the good old days, maybe it was the full strength beer + spirits...

I'd like to see any new management have a view to revenue being based on more than just memberships, sponsorship, ticket + merchandise sales:
    * venue ownership?
    * pre game / post game hospitality revenue (drinks, meals, transport)
    * a commercial training / academy offering (even if just a licensed brand name / franchise scenario)
    * take better advantage of visiting supporters (transport, accommodation, meals, bulk ticketing packages, subsidiary activities)
    * club share holding?
    * corporate referral exchange
    * branded digital currency
    * pyramid schemes
    * tax havens
    * black market slavery
    * dark web drug sales

Commonly known as the Wanderers model

“We were working with the PFA, which was great. The PFA have been very supportive of the club. To finish up we came to an agreement, there was compensation paid to Bernie to us to get out of his contract and we released him two days ago and miraculously he got a new deal through the Wanderers
    Fux article, what a difference 2 letters make
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 18-12-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Any money should go to paying off debt
    Steady on we have a reputation to uphold.

We signing a recognized #10 or we just going without this season ?.

From what I've seen from a few of the trials they seem to be happy with Najjarine playing there and having Thurgate and Abbas (If he gets signed) covering.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
    From what I've seen from a few of the trials they seem to be happy with Najjarine playing there and having Thurgate and Abbas (If he gets signed) covering.
    We all know what a dogs breakfast this club is off the field but with respect to those players you listed that also demonstrates just what a clusterroot we are on it.

We all know what a dogs breakfast this club is off the field but with respect to those players you listed that also demonstrates just what a clusterroot we are on it.
    The fact I have to say "if he gets signed" and we play our first league game in nine days, is one of many red flags going into this season.

Mckinnas recent statements coming back to bite him. Ugars agent now claiming double standards in allowing ibini to pay out his contract and leaving but not Stevie.

Wonder how Lawrie is going to spin this sedate the idiots who still think he is half competent enough to justify his job.

Not only is the club doing nothing to find any new players to fill the giant holes we have in our current roster (wages are still paid by the tv deal so there's no savings to be made whilst under the cap) they are trying to trash the entire playing groups relationship with the club by pissing off one of the most respected member of the team and blatantly lying to everyone.

At least we are almost at the end of Lawrie's tenure no matter what. Either a new owner comes in and kicks his fat arse to the curb or we are put out of our misery and fold.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.