Page 50 of 100 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    We have 5 visa players already. roy/arroyo/wes/bobby/ridenton. One of them will need to be moved on. Lawrie confirmed roy is still a visa player.

Also paying someone for only 9 or so games is obviously gonna be alot less.
    How recently did Lawrie say Roy was still a visa player ?. There was an article late last year in Brisvegas of the Roar being hopeful Roy would have citizenship confirmed during January window just gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    How recently did Lawrie say Roy was still a visa player ?. There was an article late last year in Brisvegas of the Roar being hopeful Roy would have citizenship confirmed during January window just gone.
    I think someone asked him on twitter yesterday

Yep:

Lawrie McKinna
    @LawrieMcKinna
    ·
    4h
    Not yet in the next few months he will have it

Cheers for that. I reckon they would give Ridenton a early pass out

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Cheers for that. I reckon they would give Ridenton a early pass out
    I think so too.

We need to create room in the squad - it's full!

Injury replacement for Jackson and releasing a Visa player (if Ledley is to be believed) is how we'd achieve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Yeah and Beet wouldn't pick Burns and kept picking Johnny at LB and Ridenton so he clearly always makes the right calls
    If Burns wasn't so lazy and got himself fit by the start of the season he would have been playing. It's on him that he didn't get game time. The guy is still struggling after 60-70 mins each game still.

Also, Ridenton has barely featured this year. Maybe started 4 games whilst Kanta was returning to fitness I think.

You're trashing our best coach just to suck the d&$k of some coastie scum bag who lies to us every other week to make himself look competent. And doing it with little to no facts as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    If Burns wasn't so lazy and got himself fit by the start of the season he would have been playing. It's on him that he didn't get game time. The guy is still struggling after 60-70 mins each game still.

Also, Ridenton has barely featured this year. Maybe started 4 games whilst Kanta was returning to fitness I think.

You're trashing our best coach just to suck the d&$k of some coastie scum bag who lies to us every other week to make himself look competent. And doing it with little to no facts as well.
    So you know personally that Burns was lazy and unfit? because he's played pretty much every game since Ernie left and looked real good most games
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So you know personally that Burns was lazy and unfit? because he's played pretty much every game since Ernie left and looked real good most games
    Yes, I know all. Never forget it!

I'm calling him lazy because he turned up unfit, and then it took him half a season to get fit enough to play in a very mediocre level football league. Even now he struggles after 60 mins of a game, blowing hard and going red as a tomato. Bloke is 20 yrs old and less fit than a 34 yr old Topor.

Ernie basically said that Johnny K was a stop gap option, which he was forced to do when he couldn't rely on Bobby.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yes, I know all. Never forget it!

I'm calling him lazy because he turned up unfit, and then it took him half a season to get fit enough to play in a very mediocre level football league. Even now he struggles after 60 mins of a game, blowing hard and going red as a tomato. Bloke is 20 yrs old and less fit than a 34 yr old Topor.

Ernie basically said that Johnny K was a stop gap option, which he was forced to do when he couldn't rely on Bobby.
    Going from playing an EU winter sport to AU Summer sport will do that to you. Takes a while to get used to playing in hell.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Going from playing an EU winter sport to AU Summer sport will do that to you. Takes a while to get used to playing in hell.
    It great supporting this club

Fans make excuses for the players failings

that's BS, everyone knew Burns was ready to play except Ernie, it was almost as if he never wanted to sign him in the first place so wasn't playing him to prove a point (an expensive point as Johnny K was absolute rubbish at LB and costing us big time defensively).

I think Burns got subbed last week as the new gaff wants to see as many of his squad in action as he can (Burns has stayed on under Deans when he could have been subbed for being tired, so the kid will stick it out when called to do so). I fully expect the new gaffer to make subs and start them earlier for the rest of the season so he can assess who he can work with and who is surplus to requirements, we aren't a chance of anything apart from avoiding a spoon, so he may as well experiment to get to know his squad...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    that's BS, everyone knew Burns was ready to play except Ernie, it was almost as if he never wanted to sign him in the first place so wasn't playing him to prove a point (an expensive point as Johnny K was absolute rubbish at LB and costing us big time defensively).

I think Burns got subbed last week as the new gaff wants to see as many of his squad in action as he can (Burns has stayed on under Deans when he could have been subbed for being tired, so the kid will stick it out when called to do so). I fully expect the new gaffer to make subs and start them earlier for the rest of the season so he can assess who he can work with and who is surplus to requirements, we aren't a chance of anything apart from avoiding a spoon, so he may as well experiment to get to know his squad...
    Um, it was common knowledge that Burns wasn't fit enough when he arrived and Ernie didn't trust him to last 90 mins. Its over halfway through the season and you can see how much he struggles even now with fitness. But at least he can last 90 mins now, hence why he is playing and Johnny K is back on the right and centre where he should be.

Bobby was the reason that Bobby wasn't playing. Not Ernie. You can't expect a coach to sub a fullback at halftime or 60 mins each week, that's a waste of a sub.

Burns was walking at the 60min mark last match. Yes he did a lot of work - but he was completely spent and needed to be replaced.

Banned
    But is this also down to the way we played under Bert

Georgevski is a fit player but when he was here he used to regularly get subbed under Bert

Don't seem to be getting subbed at WSW now

Biggest problem I got with Burns is he ain't good enough not his fitness

Little more info on the rumours around Ledley and Ibini..
    Didn't realise they were looking to get rid of Fitzgerald in order to get Ibini..

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/newc...i-double-swoop

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Didn't realise they were looking to get rid of Fitzgerald in order to get Ibini..

Probably wants more money than just using the injury replacement of Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post

Fitzgerald and Ibini are handled by the same agent. Unless Fitzgerald is dumping them or vice versa the report doesn't really add up.
    As for Ibini - No. He's talented but the last thing we need is paying a big wage to someone that sits out the season inured.

THe only good thing here is that if Ibini does get signed and it all goes to shit it might be enough for Mr Lee to finally tell Lawrie to **** off.

So we are gonna sign an injured Gypo and a semi-injured old Welsh bloke who's played 1 game of football in the last 12 months?

Classic Jets.

Actually, Classic Jets would be to sign Ledley but not being able to play him because we forgot about the Visa rules.

Going against the grain here and say Bernie can well and truly play that role we were hoping to get from Champness. Can play right out on the fringes keeping the width, Doesn't mind running at defenders with the ball and and can shoot. Also a good second striker option for when Roy gets the inevitable red and has to sit out a couple of games or goes the kung fu monkey magic ( look it up young fellas ) or groin injury.

As for Smok'n Joe , A half fit Joe shits this league in with his eyes closed and on one leg.

hate to say i told you so Jetkel, Hope you like Campbelltown, The RSL is a good feed at the buffet and for a beer or two and plenty parking across the road.
    Last edited by 380; 21-02-2020 at 12:02 PM.

So Robinson saying bernie and joe are 2 of 5-6 players we looking at. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Davies and Jordan Mutch are part of that. Mutch played for Robinson at Vancouver and Davies came through wolves and played with miller.