Page 37 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Offer Langlois and Jackson a new deal and tell Sheppard he's got his chance to earn his over the next month. (Then give him one anyways cause we need a backup striker either way)

Cut the others with expiring contracts. We would then have a decent amount of coin to play with next season finding fullbacks, a CB and one decent, fit, uninjured striker to bang in 10-15 goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

yes, i think Boogard should be moved on at the end of this season - on the proviso that he is actually on decent money. If he is on a cheap deal, then i'm open to keeping him for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    yes, i think Boogard should be moved on at the end of this season - on the proviso that he is actually on decent money. If he is on a cheap deal, then i'm open to keeping him for another year.
    He'll be assistant coaching next year I'd guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

just out of interest, do a-league clubs ever go to local coaches and offer them assistant coaching gigs? seems like it's straight out of the team and into a coaching role these days (probably happened for ever). would be nice if coaches had some career progression paths.

just out of interest, do a-league clubs ever go to local coaches and offer them assistant coaching gigs? seems like it's straight out of the team and into a coaching role these days (probably happened for ever). would be nice if coaches had some career progression paths.
    Yep its pretty screwed the A League is when it comes to providing opportunities for either players or coaches from the " lower leagues " as it was put to me just over a week ago on here when discussing replacement players.

Apparently the A League is a closed shop and you must be born into it as opposed to working up to it. Like the bloke or not or his club for that matter but the moment Zane departed the other one should have been offered an opportunity at this level given his form with teams at the " lower level ".

As for players it appears some pundits would much prefer watching blokes like Fitzuseless and Scott Neville go around for there 50th club in 10 yrs.

You are right Belch the league that all should work hard and many show decent form to gain entry to is the biggest closed shop of all.

It's always been the case and nothing specific to the A-league. it makes sense as well - players are going to have more respect for someone that's played at or coached at that level than those that haven't. The Special One is a bit of an outlier - and a few great players have failed as well - but I still think going from a player straight into coaching ranks at a similar level is the way to do things.
    In the top leagues overseas maybe starting a tier down - but not in Australia - the gap is too big [money, ego's, sponsors, player skill, training, personal managers, the media's influence ...almost like a different game].
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-12-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It's always been the case and nothing specific to the A-league. it makes sense as well - players are going to have more respect for someone that's played at or coached at that level than those that haven't. The Special One is a bit of an outlier - and a few great players have failed as well - but I still think going from a player straight into coaching ranks at a similar level is the way to do things.
    In the top leagues overseas maybe starting a tier down - but not in Australia - the gap is too big [money, ego's, sponsors, player skill, training, personal managers, the media's influence ...almost like a different game].
    Thats ridiculous too say we should not provide opportunities because players may not respect them. Players are paid to play , They are not paid to love there coaches or sleep with them or live with them . They are paid to do as they are told and if they don't like that they can find another club for there so easily bruised precious ego's. If players can't somehow manage to respect a bloke or Sheila who has toiled away busting there ass in a lower league like the Edgy coach as an example or Zad's getting results on bread crumbs for there labour with half the resources then i think that says more about the player than any aspiring coach.

You sound like you are more than happy to have the A League as some sort of " in club " and if you are a local aspiring coach or player in a lower league then to bad for you the A League is not for you.
    Last edited by 380; 20-12-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Thats ridiculous too say we should not provide opportunities because players may not respect them. Players are paid to play , They are not paid to love there coaches or sleep with them or live with them . They are paid to do as they are told and if they don't like that they can find another club for there so easily bruised precious ego's. If players can't somehow manage to respect a bloke or Sheila who has toiled away busting there ass in a lower league like the Edgy coach as an example or Zad's getting results on bread crumbs for there labour with half the resources then i think that says more about the player than any aspiring coach.

You sound like you are more than happy to have the A League as some sort of " in club " and if you are a local aspiring coach or player in a lower league then to bad for you the A League is not for you.
    It's how the world works. Very few people get anywhere starting from the bottom and working there way up in any line of work or profession. That's why when they do it's big news - if it was a common thing it wouldn't be big news.

Status carries a lot of weight in this world and it's a waste of time and energy trying to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Kanta has signed a 2 year deal to stay here as opposed to signing for Bayern
    NBN Kanta story from Friday night
    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsben201219.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

NBN on loss, criticism of club leadership, cost cutting:

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsvperth221219.mp4

Ernie with some updates on Wessi and Arroyo
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B6rXeswlkMw/

If Wessi starts running tomorrow... when will we see him playing? (or, will we see him at all?)
    Last edited by mic22; 30-12-2019 at 04:24 PM.

tuesday next week he said (first tuesday in January), and he also said he's running on the altered gravity treadmill i think. We won't see him for a month yet i reckon.

tuesday next week he said (first tuesday in January), and he also said he's running on the altered gravity treadmill i think. We won't see him for a month yet i reckon.
    A month would be terrific news.
    I have a feeling it will be more than that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    A month would be terrific news.
    I have a feeling it will be more than that.
    It is the Jets

This bloke is bound to get injured again before he kits up

Don't think Stephen Mount is big on fact checking... how hard is it to get last week's scoreline right??

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsupdate010120.mp4

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It is the Jets

This bloke is bound to get injured again before he kits up
    No need for that.
    Apparently he just started on the altered gravity treadmill, so my bet is on late February.
    By that time, there will be no need for him to come back at all...