Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

If only Bernie could earn the respect that Ali has in these parts, we could have a good year
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Herald article today confirms Ali Abbas is trialing with the club
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Doesn't appear to have played much in the last 4-5 seasons

Call me cynical but i reckon a deal will be done to acquire the club 5 mins to midnight before the new season. The timing providing new owners with an excuse to write this season off and thus not fund a reasonable squad for this season.

Given Ug was quoted as " not wanting to be part of another rebuild " and there was commentary around this current mob of Sydney businessman sending a rep up some many weeks ago now to talk to the players and there vision you would think if there was any sense of urgency to get cracking on investing in this years squad the handover would have been done by now.

Between the ownership situation and the non auto renewal process for past members i can see a <5000 membership total this season.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Call me cynical but i reckon a deal will be done to acquire the club 5 mins to midnight before the new season. The timing providing new owners with an excuse to write this season off and thus not fund a reasonable squad for this season.

Given Ug was quoted as " not wanting to be part of another rebuild " and there was commentary around this current mob of Sydney businessman sending a rep up some many weeks ago now to talk to the players and there vision you would think if there was any sense of urgency to get cracking on investing in this years squad the handover would have been done by now.

Between the ownership situation and the non auto renewal process for past members i can see a <5000 membership total this season.
    Everyday the "new owners" wait to purchase the club, the price drops. They'll wait until we are on the cusp of folding before signing the deal, as any smart business would do.

But that's if there is anyone willing to buy us at all.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

You are not cynical. Now I also do not understand what is happening in the world in general. If there is a mess in all areas, it is not surprising that this has affected sports as well. It seems to me that the priorities have partially shifted and there is already more attention to health and safety, maintaining your business than developing sports.

they are kidding, right!

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    they are kidding, right!
    This cannot be true

Most other clubs are still importing players.
    To follow this up..

ADL just signed Javi Lopez, who has been captain of Espanyol for 5 years.

MV just signed Rudy Gestede from Middlesbrough.
    OK

To follow this up..

ADL just signed Javi Lopez, who has been captain of Espanyol for 5 years.

MV just signed Rudy Gestede from Middlesbrough.
    And the Jets sign Ali Abbas from retirement. Go Jets

If the rumours are true about ownership having arthur pappas lined up to take over i can imagine pappas being keen to leave ange's side in the j-league without assurances to bring in some decent foriegners

Big step up if a couple of the trialists get contracts, Selden playing Canberra NPL and Jack Armson playing NPL2 with Bonnyrigg. He must have went well against the Jets

As much as I loved watching ali abbas in his first stint with us, I'm not a fan of having him taking minutes off the development of a jack Simmons or someone similar

Taggart sorted yet?

There are some weak reports that Jack Duncan and Valentino Yuel will be signed up soon. As well as new owners but that can stay in the appropriate thread.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

This the same thing that was on The Roar earlier this week? Duncan, Yuel, Melb consortium, Papas as coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    There are some weak reports that Jack Duncan and Valentino Yuel will be signed up soon. As well as new owners but that can stay in the appropriate thread.
    You be out of service or something

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    SFA.

OPERATIONS manager Joel Griffiths believes the Jets are a little light on firepower and is compiling a shortlist of potential targets to present to the new coach.

Valentino Yuel has impressed in pre-season and is almost certain to be added to a strike force headed by proven goal-scorer Roy O'Donovan, Olyroos playmaker Ramy Najjarine and and Kosta Petratos.
    Wantaway striker Bernie Ibini is expected to be on deck at training on Thursday. The Jets have refused to release Ibini from the final year of his contract, which would open the door for the 28-year-old to reunite with coach Carl Robinson, who left the Jets two months again and joined Western Sydney. Ibini had been in talks with a club in Thailand and may still move overseas during the January transfer window.The Jets have at least two places on the roster and chunk of the salary cap available."We are looking for players higher up the park," Griffiths said. "I would like to have those players fill the foreign spots. It gives us a little bit more firepower and takes a little bit of pressure off Roy. "There are guys who can do jobs. Ramy has impressed me. Val has impressed me probably the most. How good would it be to have some options that are different to what we have?"I feel we are a little bit light on, especially if Bernie goes overseas. If Bernie stays, great."There are no shortage of players wanting to come to Australia. It's about finding the right ones and doing the due diligence.Is he mobile, can he defend in a certain way, can he press,does he speak English, what's the visa situation ... We are communicating with the potential coaches regularly and keeping them informed."A coach is expected to be appointed once the ownership is finalised in mid December.It's unclear if Ibini intends to play out the season or is fulfilling contract obligations before a move overseas. "He has his reasons [for wanting to leave]. We have our reasons for not releasing him," Griffiths said. "We have to look after the club. It is about principle now. Everyone is looking at how we handle this situation - not just the players in our team, but players who are out on loan and payers at other clubs. It's very important that we stand our ground.

"All Bernie needs to do is play well for the Jets and he can leave at the end of the season." The Jets are awaiting a decision from Shewsbury Town on whether they intend to buy out the final six months of Matt Millar's contract.

The right wingback joined the League One club on-loan in October and has expressed a desire to stay.

Under the loan agreement, Shewsbury Town had until December 1 to take up the option. Millar's loan deal ends on December 31. He has scored two goals in six appearances. Complicating the matter, Shrewsbury Town appointed a new manager, Steve Cotterill, last Friday

No Bernie at training again today according to Mitch Hughes on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles