Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No Bernie at training again today according to Mitch Hughes on Twitter
    Stood down without pay time

Thank you for posting

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    We have our reasons for not releasing him," Griffiths said. "We have to look after the club. It is about principle now. Everyone is looking at how we handle this situation - not just the players in our team, but players who are out on loan and payers at other clubs. It's very important that we stand our ground.

"All Bernie needs to do is play well for the Jets and he can leave at the end of the season."
    I like this.
    Principles, and showing some balls.

So, is Ibini going to be released this week or the next?

NBN reckons Jets have let Langlois go, seems a bit odd, thought the squad was thin enough as it was without getting rid of youngsters on less coin that are still developing but handy as back-ups
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    NBN reckons Jets have let Langlois go, seems a bit odd, thought the squad was thin enough as it was without getting rid of youngsters on less coin that are still developing but handy as back-ups
    Thought the exact same thing when I heard

Typical for us to let players go before even appointing a coach
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Abbas nabbed a goal yesterday makes it a bit more interesting on if he stays

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    He's managed by Avid i.e Carl Robinsons player management group of choice as is Ibini, Millar, Donachie, Johnny K, and the Petratos bros.
    We have too many players as it is represented by Avid -one less is a good thing.

It's not a case of being against Avid - it's a case of any management firm with that many players at one club simply has too much control / countervailing power over the club.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-12-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's managed by Avid i.e Carl Robinsons player management group of choice as is Ibini, Millar, Donachie, Johnny K, and the Petratos bros.
    We have too many players as it is represented by Avid -one less is a good thing.

It's not a case of being against Avid - it's a case of any management firm with that many players at one club simply has too much control / countervailing power over the club.
    Plus he wasn't really gonna get a look in unless crazy injuries

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

The one-agency setup can work for clubs - like Wolves in England.

It can also destroy a club, like we're basically seeing here. Arsenal are borderline doing it also right now, for terrible results.

It makes complete sense for a club like the Jerks to engage in this strategy, as it means their thinly resourced off-field staff have less work to do. I can absolutely see why Lawrie subscribed to it - rightly or wrongly.
    OK

Looks like Millar is coming back and he has impressed some fans over there. Looks like the club is again showing some balls and not getting pushed around. How many surprising things have I mentioned?

https://blueandamber.proboards.com/t...newcastle-jets

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Looks like Millar is coming back and he has impressed some fans over there. Looks like the club is again showing some balls and not getting pushed around. How many surprising things have I mentioned?

https://blueandamber.proboards.com/t...newcastle-jets
    I think that if they offer the transfer fee anytime between now and Dec 31 we should take it. Otherwise his contract runs out in 6 months and we get zero for him when he goes back

Valentino Yuel signed on for 2 years.
    Pretty optimistic to think we will be here for a second year tbh.

Mustafa Amini has announced he is returning to Australia... if we have to put up with a Gypo overlord and a squad full of gypos, we should at least get some of the good ones, right? Bring him in, Lawrie and Lord Griff.

Mustafa Amini has announced he is returning to Australia... if we have to put up with a Gypo overlord and a squad full of gypos, we should at least get some of the good ones, right? Bring him in, Lawrie and Lord Griff.
    He's from Western Sydney so WSW or Macquarie would probably be his preference.

Like it, I doubt WSW would fit him in at this late stage

Yuel looked ok against Roar in trial at Coffs.

Good presentation by Lawrie and the last two minutes are the best overview of the Ibini situation you will hear.

"I can't wait till he's away from this club"

Last edited by Jetmaster; 16-12-2020 at 10:20 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Good presentation by Lawrie and the last two minutes are the best overview of the Ibini situation you will hear.

"I can't wait till he's away from this club"

And with that comment from Lawrie now out there...Ibini and the Union have leverage.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    And with that comment from Lawrie now out there...Ibini and the Union have leverage.
    Do they? I reckon they have no leverage unless Ibini was training from the off
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Thought the same thing Jeterpool.
    thought there must have been a Q and A at the end. But nope, he just launched into players, naming mr Ibini, fraudulently claiming to have mental health issues and how wrong it is.

Interesting points:
    - an online GP gave him a mental health certificate/assessment
    - he failed a medical in Middle East
    - we made him get clearance before he returned to training
    -he trains like a “busted ass”
    - he’s the highest paid player