Page 52 of 100 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Ok so Berinie Ibini in a Beanie is a short term thing til seasons end. Unless and i stress unless if this is all it is and no part of this deal includes potential to be here next season then why bother i say.

Gypo failed a medical at his last club he attempted to join 1 month ago

This Gypo is ticking all the boxes to get a deal with us

I backing the Gypo CEO gives his Gypo mate a deal into next year so he can get paid by us not play for us get fit and then **** off on us to a better club and we won't get paid out of it

BeIN confirmation that Ledley has joined us..

https://www.beinsports.com/au/a-leag...e-jets/1420259

Why are we bothering with these potentially short term deals FFS ?. We have enough of a squad to get through to the end of the season and be planning long term deals not unlike the circumstances around Roy's return which is inclusive of next season.

I get these signings are sensible if there is a view to making them part of the squad for next season however if they are strictly just short term til seasons end then i say who cares !!!!!.

Why are we bothering with these potentially short term deals FFS ?. We have enough of a squad to get through to the end of the season and be planning long term deals not unlike the circumstances around Roy's return which is inclusive of next season.

I get these signings are sensible if there is a view to making them part of the squad for next season however if they are strictly just short term til seasons end then i say who cares !!!!!.
    We are still trying to hock the club off to anyone who's interested. So short term deals and cost cutting will be the way until we are sold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Think of it as a fitness test and trial for next season

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Think of it as a fitness test and trial for next season
    I think this may be the case.

Banned

Do not apply LOGIC to comprehend decisions at the Jets

We got our own way of doing things and got no time for you and your logic

Has anyone been to training lately??
    I was wondering if these two blokes have been sighted at all, or they still on their way over, or what..
    Trying to determine a rough ETA to seeing them on the pitch (withstanding the usual Jets excuses about fitness, melting in the sun, 4-6 weeks, etc etc)

Ledley has EPL experience and 70 Wales caps. He's a bit older, no issues bringing him in to help the squad till the end of the season, he's a free after all (except salary)
    Beanie played under Carl at Vancouver, knows his management style and play style. Decent striker. No issues with him coming in, hopefully we can keep him next season too.

Everyone complaining we were never spending money to improve the squad, we're doing it now in a manner that makes sense (short term deal to prove themselves, sign an extension is they're good enough) and everyone loses their shit.

Can never win as Jets Management.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Ledley has EPL experience and 70 Wales caps. He's a bit older, no issues bringing him in to help the squad till the end of the season, he's a free after all (except salary)
    Beanie played under Carl at Vancouver, knows his management style and play style. Decent striker. No issues with him coming in, hopefully we can keep him next season too.

Everyone complaining we were never spending money to improve the squad, we're doing it now in a manner that makes sense (short term deal to prove themselves, sign an extension is they're good enough) and everyone loses their shit.

I agree. We always say we never sign quality, jets never bring in anyone, well these are 2 quality signings. I'm happy with them. Ledley could be the jets best CM/DM ever.
    Now we've got attacking players: wes/dimi/arroyo/roy/ibini and mids: stevie/ledley/thurgate. Just wish it was earlier in the season!!

Who is complaining or losing there shit ?. Only against if it short term and short term only, Then it will seem like a WOFTAM. If it is with a view to longer term then great there is a method to the process. That is pretty much what you posted is it not ?.

I take it you missed this bit

" I get these signings are sensible if there is a view to making them part of the squad for next season however if they are strictly just short term til seasons end then i say who cares !!!!!. "
    Last edited by 380; 24-02-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Who is complaining or losing there shit ?. Only against if it short term and short term only does it seem like a WOFTAM. If it is with a view to longer term then great there is a method to the process. That is pretty much what you posted is it not ?.
    I think what Roundball is alluding to, is if they did make it a deal for longer than till the end of the season (ie 2 years) then you would have people blowing up about it..
    I took it as - No matter what the club does, we are going to piss and moan..

Agree with the sentiment that these two are decent signings. Happy with both of them tbh.
    IF, we have intentions/the ability to secure them for next season provided we are happy.

If they are simply here to waste time before they sign with SFC or some other club, then it’s a silly move. I’d rather us plod along and new coach to get a good look at the whole squad to decide where we can target.

Hope it’s with a short term trial with intention to bring them in next season.

I'd imagine this will be a matter of signing these players short term, seeing how they handle themselves and if the results are good then we'll have them for next season and they'll be at full fitness

i feel like this will be the most stacked bench we've had in a very long time as a club. Having players such as ibini, ledley, wes as subs is something this club can never really say its had

This.....

Ledley hasn't really kicked a ball in anger in the last 12 months after returning from injury and Bernie failed a medical a month or so ago. You can get as excited as you want, but there's a huge chance these two flop given our previous track record and their current fitness levels. Happy to be wrong tho.

But none of this changes the fact that the Gypo in charge can still get out of our club as soon as possible. What are we at now, 6 ex-gypos on the field now? It's a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Look at this BS

****s celebrating the signing of a ****ing Gypo to our club by using words like decent and quality to describe someone who is nothing more than an injury prone washed up never was Gypo

FMD some of you guys won't be happy until the Gypo CEO has a squad full of Gypo scum disgracing us on a weekly basis

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Look at this BS

****s celebrating the signing of a ****ing Gypo to our club by using words like decent and quality to describe someone who is nothing more than an injury prone washed up never was Gypo

FMD some of you guys won't be happy until the Gypo CEO has a squad full of Gypo scum disgracing us on a weekly basis
    You and the anti mariners club are hilarious. A rivalry only for the sake they are our closest neighbour that was created more recently than most millennials were born.

All this Gypo rubbish just makes me think some coastie cut your grass in the past and you haven’t been able to repair the emotional scars.

Lawrie is an approachable CEO who has shown he has the clubs best interest at the forefront of his goals. He could fill our team with former mariners and Sydney players and if it delivers good football and hopefully success then I will thank him for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    You and the anti mariners club are hilarious. A rivalry only for the sake they are our closest neighbour that was created more recently than most millennials were born.

All this Gypo rubbish just makes me think some coastie cut your grass in the past and you haven’t been able to repair the emotional scars.

Lawrie is an approachable CEO who has shown he has the clubs best interest at the forefront of his goals. He could fill our team with former mariners and Sydney players and if it delivers good football and hopefully success then I will thank him for it.
    Bloke has achieved what with us??

His entire time has been a failure

We finished 8th before the Gypo arrived

We are now sitting pretty in 10th position

PROGRESS

We also got another wooden spoon in that time as well

This is how bad of a job that is being done. We sacked a manager then took 5 ****ing weeks to replace him whilst any chance of salvaging the season was frittered away

You think he doing a great job??