Page 45 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also, for those mocking the Roy links. He's not wanted at the Roar but still has 6 goals in 12 games.

Add those 6 goals to our team and we are probably ahead of the Gypos. Roy is over the hill and no decent team should be starting him, but we aren't a decent team. The alternative is Hoffman and Fitzgerald starting.
    What links ?. Of those 6 goals 3 of them are pens.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Are we watching different players? Admittedly it took a while for him to acclimate but since Burns came in hes been solid in both attack and defence. I would be sad to see him go personally, it would depend what could be worked out with Hearts.
    The season is pretty much over already, he missed it. He had absolutely no-one to compete against in his position and couldn't get game time. He's up there with some of the biggest flops this club has seen. The only reason he looks ok now, is because this team is easily the worst in the league and he replaced a kid who was being out of position.

Compare him to George and you'll see how bad he really is. O'Toole will most likely walk into the starting 11 and Burns will be forgotten real quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    What links ?. Of those 6 goals 3 of them are pens.
    Pens are still worth the same as other goals last time I checked.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Are we watching different players? Admittedly it took a while for him to acclimate but since Burns came in hes been solid in both attack and defence. I would be sad to see him go personally, it would depend what could be worked out with Hearts.
    I agree with you mate, anyway we can't just go cutting players with a contract. This isn't the Serie A, we have a salary cap in place. Give Burns till the end of the season and see how everything pan's out. Now we have an excess of left backs (yes I know Johnny K isn't a natural left back).

We should have looked at getting an exciting left winger, someone who might have put one of the 28 shots we had on the weekend in the net. Someone that might stop the opposition right back bombing on week in week out. A player that gives the fans some hope for the rest of the year and beyond.

The new coach must have been appointed, as I can't see the club sanctioning a deal for O'Toole without his knowledge. Given he will be coaching the player next year.

Pens are still worth the same as other goals last time I checked.
    That they are but pretty cheap stats for a striker however. At least that part of his game has improved at Brisvegas.

This. With the exception of George on this side on occasion i would say Burns had been the most serviceable we have had at LB in a very long time. IMO one of the best at delivering a ball in from out wide.

Burns is slower than Boogs, his fitness is horrendous (Every time he ventured forward he would be blowing instantly), is terrible in the air... BUT has a really good cross, add in him being nothing special in the tackle and I'm not impressed by him. He just looks ok right now because of who he's replaced and how bad the rest of the team is.

Banned
    Burns is slower than Boogs, his fitness is horrendous (Every time he ventured forward he would be blowing instantly), is terrible in the air... BUT has a really good cross, add in him being nothing special in the tackle and I'm not impressed by him. He just looks ok right now because of who he's replaced and how bad the rest of the team is.
    As for his great crosses...

Yeah they may look pretty but the most important thing when crossing is to put it into a space that your players can attack

Exactly how many of Burns crosses found a team mate??

Zero

They all miss the mark no matter how well flights they look

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Exactly how many of Burns crosses found a team mate??

Zero
    Actually, it's 8 (according to A-League website). At an Accuracy of 23.5%

Lets just keep facts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Actually, it's 8 (according to A-League website). At an Accuracy of 23.5%

Lets just keep facts
    It was Hoffman that he picked out

About on par with turning over possession anyway

Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL (Perth are 1st and Victory and us are 2nd) So we are paying blokes who both aren't good enough and clearly are too old to improve on that level.

Fold the club. Or at least gut this squad and start again.

Banned
    Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL (Perth are 1st and Victory and us are 2nd) So we are paying blokes who both aren't good enough and clearly are too old to improve on that level.

Fold the club. Or at least gut this squad and start again.
    Moss Topor Boogaard Hoff

All been around for what 10 /15 years at thus level

Kanta Dimi also been around for heaps as well

And yet there were several weeks in a row, Ernie blamed us having too young a squad to achieve results.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And yet there were several weeks in a row, Ernie blamed us having too young a squad to achieve results.
    I think by too young he meant shit.

Just saw that we have the equal 2nd oldest squad in the HAL
    The new coach will change this.

Ernie was full of shit with the stuff he was saying this season

This. With the exception of George on this side on occasion i would say Burns had been the most serviceable we have had at LB in a very long time. IMO one of the best at delivering a ball in from out wide.
    disagree,

i thought VUJICA was a fantastic crosser of the ball. he was a player that delivered the ball with intent

Well he couldn't exactly tell the truth could he?

Reporter: Why did you lose Ernie?
    Ernie: Because i'm working with an NPL team with a couple of HAL level players sprinkled throughout.
    R: Well why dont you sign anyone better?
    E: Have you met the blokes in charge of recruitment around here? And have you seen how much cash we have left over to buy anyone?
    R: Ask the owner for more money?
    E: He's had the place for sale for over a year now. He ain't adding anymore funds to what he would think is a sinking ship.
    R: Fair point Ernie, enjoy your payout when it comes through.
    E: (Looks blankly at reporter and shuffles away groaning.)

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was Hoffman that he picked out

About on par with turning over possession anyway
    Amazing how you can continually see facts in a way to suit your agenda.

Connor O Toole apparently

Wonder what agents were involved
    International Alliances represent him. They don't represent anyone else in the Jets system.