Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
Yep bloody good question for club management to answer. They were quick to bring up they were looking for a replacement but knowing management this was probably just another bullshit line to keep the membership renewals ticking over with no real intention of looking into one.

Pretty piss poor effort from the club on this particular issue.
Looking for, and finding a suitable option, can be two very different things. Good players aren't currently free agents for the fun of it. Ernie said to phernz in the preseason jerkstream interview that Griff & Lawrie approached all other AL clubs about potential loan signings and nothing was offered to them.

We also have to remember that injury replacements need to be a similar position to the injured person, and be on the same or less wage. Sheppard & Wessi both consume very low cap space for us, so we are scraping for low paid players of quality better than the likes of Kwabs or Mitch Austin as easy examples.

It is also worth noting that insurances may or may not kick in for the wages of Sheppard & Wessi whilst injured, but I'm near confident the club still needs to pay at least their super during that time. So whilst an IRP doesn't count towards the cap, it counts towards money leaving Mr Lee's hands - something he has openly said he wants to pull back on. Injury replacements are not free, however much dreams are.

If suitable options presented themselves to the club, I have no doubts that Lawrie & Griff will do everything they can to get them to the club. Whether it be lack of choice, or lack of money, or a bit of all of the above, I don't necessarily believe they are not putting in a genuine effort with what resources they have to improve our squad.