Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Everyone is missing the real problem here.

The problem shouldn't be with the player who doesn't want to be here, if he doesn't have to want to stay around, we shouldn't want him to either. That's on us as a club for not creating something worth staying for in the end. We are a shambles and no one would want to be here, put yourself in Bernie or Uga's shoes and you'd understand. That part of the issue is the club's fault, but it's not even my main gripe with this whole thing...

WHY aren't we allowing transfer fees between clubs? If WSW want Bernie and he wants them, either they wait until his deal expires or the club who has the contract gets paid to release him. Even if it's $3.95, there still has to be a reason to release them that benefits the team who agreed to pay the wages no matter what. The club loses when the football isn't played, or the player gets injured, etc, so the club should be able to benefit from the agreement somehow.

Transfer fees fix this entire issue IMO. It gives clubs a reason to invest in younger more profitable assets, it makes other clubs more wary of recyclng the same useless players throughout the league, it gives players a justification when moving on as well because at least they have financially reimbursed the club for the faith shown in them in most cases.

Make them happen twats in charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    WHY aren't we allowing transfer fees between clubs?
    My understanding is transfer fees are allowed - just that they contribute to the cap space (if not a marquee).
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    My understanding is transfer fees are allowed - just that they contribute to the cap space (if not a marquee).
    Isn't that only for fees from abroad? Having loans between clubs was a big enough step... I don't remember FFA giving the greenlight to transfer fees.

I remember articles from all sorts of sources this year saying "Transfers must start" and heaps of NPL clubs quoted as well since they have a fixed fee compensation system or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Grim is right, fees are only allowed from outside of the league from what i've read and understood. They need to be allowed within the league.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Dumb question, do wsw actually want Bernie?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Grim is right, fees are only allowed from outside of the league from what i've read and understood. They need to be allowed within the league.
    There is discussion about this taking place in line with the second division. The big clubs will try to get all the talent but the small clubs will be fairly compensated.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Bernie now on stress leave now. Is it taking the pi55. Must be tough getting paid to play football instead of digging holes. He wasn’t forced to sign a contract he choose to so suck it up.
    Time to get rid of him, no heart or loyalty at all towards the Jets. Even if it's for free. Uga much more important towards to the squad so we need to keep him.
    Maybe it's time to give Virgili another crack, He was released by the Jets mainly due to a lack of goals, He has certainly addressed that at NPL level. Local guy deserves an opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Time to get rid of him, no heart or loyalty at all towards the Jets. Even if it's for free. Uga much more important towards to the squad so we need to keep him.
    Maybe it's time to give Virgili another crack, He was released by the Jets mainly due to a lack of goals, He has certainly addressed that at NPL level. Local guy deserves an opportunity
    Good Afternoon James

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I'm a big fan of Virgili but he was given a lot of opportunities to shine at A-League level and he came up short. We aren't talking about a few chances either - he played in 55 games ffs. His NPL form doesn't change things either as he was scoring freely in the youth league as well which is a similar standard to the NPL. But the jump to A-league was simply too much for him back then and there's nothing to suggest he's improved enough to turn it around.

If he was scoring 60 goals a season in the NPL maybe you'd give him another try - but he's not.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-11-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm a big fan of Virgili but he was given a lot of opportunities to shine at A-League level and he came up short. We aren't talking about a few chances either - he played in 55 games ffs. His NPL form doesn't change things either as he was scoring freely in the youth league as well which is a similar standard to the NPL. But the jump to A-league was simply too much for him back then and there's nothing to suggest he's improved enough to turn it around.

If he was scoring 60 goals a season in the NPL maybe you'd give him another try - but he's not.
    I think there are others more worthy based on what I have watched this season

So it looks like Taggs is about to leave Suwon.. I think we can all safely assume it won't be back to us..

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/no-b...e-settled-soon

Make Ibini train with the yoof

Doesn’t the players association get upset whenever we punish/remove a bad influence from first team training?

On that, didn’t City keep fornaroli out of the first team for almost an entire season.

I’m sure we could bring in some Olyroos players that need game time pre Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Make Ibini train with the yoof
    This is another case of the agent rattling the cage, I reckon Bernie is confused and stressed out because of that.

Roy said yesterday he has "had his head turned" - it's obvious by whom.

It maybe he was ok with staying.

Hoole's career was destroyed by his agent - they are *****.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Wasn't everyone pre-warned by that when Carl was photographed before signing with the bloke who was the agent that helped undermine everything overseas when he was there?

The club shouldn't budge.
    Ibini has signed a contract, his service is needed here. He is going to get paid, and probably decent coin too.
    It's his choice then:
    - behave like a professional, do the best for the club you signed for, impress everyone and aim for a better club next season;
    - or start whingeing and acting unprofessionally, so everyone can see how bad you are under pressure. And good luck finding a better contract next season;
    - there must be an exit fee on his contract... if it's the case, pay it and leave.

Sports history is full of examples of excellent performances in unhappy situations.
    Put it simply... harden up. And if you want to complain to someone, call your mate Carl: he's the one who made the mess.
    Last edited by mic22; 17-11-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Ibini has signed a contract, his service is needed here. He is going to get paid, and probably decent coin too.
    It's his choice then:
    - behave like a professional, do the best for the club you signed for, impress everyone and aim for a better club next season;
    - or start whingeing and acting unprofessionally, so everyone can see how bad you are under pressure. And good luck finding a better contract next season;
    - there must be an exit fee on his contract... if it's the case, pay it and leave.

Sports history is full of examples of excellent performances in unhappy situations.
    Put it simply... harden up. And if you want to complain to someone, call your mate Carl: he's the one who made the mess.

As far as I’m concerned now, I don’t want him playing for us, if he’s going to be this much of a sook about it, given him the ol’ Stubbins treatment and don’t play him, just expect him at training with the rest of the squaddies
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    It's his choice then:

Sorry but I disagree with you. There are 4 trialists that are working their backsides off to get a contract. If he doesn't want to be here then get rid of him. I don't care if he signs for wsw, he isn't that good.
    Players that carry on like this only disrupt the morale of the squad.
    Suarez and Coutinho wanted out of Liverpool and the club eventually got rid of them. History shows it didn't hurt them.

I absolutely hate this " he signed a contract and should be forced to stay here and shut his mouth" hot take. This isn't slavery, contracts are not laws and only an idiot would want to keep an employee who doesn't want to stay as there is Zero chance you'll get good work from them anyway.

I cannot see a single positive from keeping him other than to be a bully and maybe to cuddle the egos of people who can't handle rejection.

As for the contractual stuff, we have already paid him for any work he's completed. So he has zero obligation to continue working for us from a legal stand point. All we can do is block him from playing elsewhere, which is childish and would likely be the end of the club as no other professional would ever sign a contract with us again.

Again, please grow up and realise that the only real issues here are that we are a basket case of a club that players don't want to play for right now, and there is no financial incentives available to us to cover the investment we made. Blame the FFA for that, not Ibini or Uga.