Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1285

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

  1. #1241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    **** no. The good Lawrie has done for this club far outweighs the little if any bad
    Agree

  2. #1242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What good? We are still a poorly run club with an owner who wants out. The only difference between the current situation and the one before Lawrie got here is the amount of ex-gypos stinking up the place. Our kits are still the wrong colours, the beer is still mid-strength, we still don't have Jets shaped hats, our wooden spoon collection is more likely to increase than our trophy cabinet for the foreseeable future...

    We are a club that no one takes seriously, and for good reason. Having an ex mayor of Gosford isn't doing anything to fix that.
    Gypos? Who cares? There's been some successes and some failures, however if it makes our team stronger and theirs weaker then great.

    Wrong colours? This is always the worst argument. It was tried, they were the worst selling shirts ever & apart from NSL die hards and the social media bandwagon nobody liked them. Cinnamon and Green, awful.......

    Mid strength beer? Stupid rule, but in accordance with harm minimisation from NSW liquor regulations. I doubt anyone is going to solve this one any time soon.

    Jets shaped hats? yup i'm sure they'll sell as well as cinnamon and green shirts.

    Your last point just shows the too prevalent negative mindset of most Arsenal fans. I bet you subscribe to Arsenal TV.

  3. #1243
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Gypos? Who cares? There's been some successes and some failures, however if it makes our team stronger and theirs weaker then great.
    You started off poorly here. There has been no real successes from my memory. Only Fitzgerald's and Millar's stealing a living.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Wrong colours? This is always the worst argument. It was tried, they were the worst selling shirts ever & apart from NSL die hards and the social media bandwagon nobody liked them. Cinnamon and Green, awful.......
    You didn't exactly improve with this nonsense either. You got any facts to back up those claims? Feel free to post the shirt sales numbers. Go ask an actual Jets fan what they think of the 07/08 kit and get back to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Jets shaped hats? yup i'm sure they'll sell as well as cinnamon and green shirts.
    This is where you lost all current and future credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Your last point just shows the too prevalent negative mindset of most Arsenal fans. I bet you subscribe to Arsenal TV.
    Lmao, nice childish jab there. Instead of trying to find some positive for Lawrie to outweigh the bad you thought this nonsense was worthwhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  4. #1244
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,522
    Would we rather go back to the days of robbie middlebye and troy palmer

  5. #1245
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Would we rather go back to the days of robbie middlebye and troy palmer
    We could always move forward to a better option?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  6. #1246
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,826
    Wes not coming back, Burns is gone, Qiang Li gone.

    According to Lawrie in respect to Wes..."Hopefully, we haven’t seen the last of him in Jets colours".
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  7. #1247
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    1,826
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Wrong colours? This is always the worst argument. It was tried, they were the worst selling shirts ever & apart from NSL die hards and the social media bandwagon nobody liked them. Cinnamon and Green, awful.......

    Not sure if it was the colours that were the problem. It was just a damn awful design.

    #BRING BACK THE GOLD!!!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  8. #1248
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    Pretty sure Lawrie said to Furns that any gold strip definitely needs to be the right shade (think he even dissed the Wanderers strip in his comments), so it's probs not off the cards to do a gold strip, just would depend what the Viva paper towel boyz offer. Not sure Lawrie broached the subject of cinnamon and emerald, so it might be off limits, which would be a shame as the right design could def work, but like any second or third strip you would not expect it to sell as well as a home strip especially as most fans only want to fork out for one strip and will most likely make it the one that makes most sense to wear to home matches - so we need to officially change our colours back to C&E and ditch that bitch knytes crap, gold as the alternate strip, and any colour that isn't white for a third strip (if we even need a third strip with an awesome C&E strip as our mainstay)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  9. #1249
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    #BRING BACK THE GOLD!!!
    This I can agree with.

  10. #1250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,051
    I thought our current arrangement with Viva expired at the end of the current season.

  11. #1251
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What good? We are still a poorly run club with an owner who wants out. The only difference between the current situation and the one before Lawrie got here is the amount of ex-gypos stinking up the place. Our kits are still the wrong colours, the beer is still mid-strength, we still don't have Jets shaped hats, our wooden spoon collection is more likely to increase than our trophy cabinet for the foreseeable future...

    We are a club that no one takes seriously, and for good reason. Having an ex mayor of Gosford isn't doing anything to fix that.
    Lawrie is more than approachable so you could easily take these points up with him personally - the opportunity was there recently when Furns did his interview. You can walk up to him in public or ask directly on social media. Personally, I think he is doing a good job - and if Griff thinks he is the bees knees then that is good enough for me.

    Truth is Lawrie is very popular with the majority of fans and members, you hear very little bad mouthing apart from on here and the odd pub chat.

    You tell us our head honcho is crap whilst the majority are happy with his performance.

    You sound like an ALP voter
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  12. #1252
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Lawrie is more than approachable so you could easily take these points up with him personally - the opportunity was there recently when Furns did his interview. You can walk up to him in public or ask directly on social media. Personally, I think he is doing a good job - and if Griff thinks he is the bees knees then that is good enough for me.

    Truth is Lawrie is very popular with the majority of fans and members, you hear very little bad mouthing apart from on here and the odd pub chat.

    You tell us our head honcho is crap whilst the majority are happy with his performance.

    You sound like an ALP voter
    Firstly, this isn't a democracy. We don't vote for a new CEO every 4 years. I care as little about how popular he is with your friends as I do mine. (hint; we don't like him)

    Secondly, if I don't like the job he's doing, why would I go an approach him to talk about it? Is he going to leave because I ask him to? Is he going to get rid of all the gypos stealing a wage here because I ask him to? I don't want our CEO making wholesale changes based on conversations with angry idiots he meets in the streets, lol.

    But, I'm happy for his fan group to list of some positives that he's brought to the club since he's arrived as an actual worthwhile rebuttal? How's our financials? How's the youth set up? How many titles has he helped us win? How easy is it to purchase Jets shaped hats throughout the community? I would love to hear some positives about the bloke, cause I've got to deal with him being here for the near future and I'd rather be nonchalant about him than disturbed by his love for everything relocatable home related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  13. #1253
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Lawrie is more than approachable so you could easily take these points up with him personally - the opportunity was there recently when Furns did his interview. You can walk up to him in public or ask directly on social media.
    Particularly in person, how many times have you actually engaged him in something he doesn't agree with you though? Because every time I have, I can genuinely say he does not take it well. He cuts everything short with "agree to disagree" and rarely actually engages in anything outside of the yes man mentality. I think he does good things, I also think he does poor things - but I don't find him as approachable as he intends to be.
    OK

  14. #1254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    520
    SST saying we signed Donachie for 3yrs. Dimi was offered to AEK, they declined

  15. #1255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    SST saying we signed Donachie for 3yrs. Dimi was offered to AEK, they declined
    I imagine this means no more boogs

  16. #1256
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,730
    why Donachie? are we paying overs again for a so-so player? surely we could find a young upcoming prospect for cheaper to develop
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  17. #1257
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    why Donachie? are we paying overs again for a so-so player? surely we could find a young upcoming prospect for cheaper to develop
    this is my reaction as well, like him and lachlan jackson honestly feel very equal in my eyes quality wise so why are we spending more money in this area of the field for someone not better then what we already have

  18. #1258
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,342
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    why Donachie? are we paying overs again for a so-so player? surely we could find a young upcoming prospect for cheaper to develop
    I'll save Dunster the trouble.

    Donachie is with Avid Sports Group as his agency. Our club has thrown our entire plan behind that one agency, starting with Carl. The deep agency roots are regularly brought up when discussing what got Carl kicked out of Vancouver, it is well worth a Google. I'll save yall the hassle:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eig...caps-and-agent
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprov...l-robinson/amp

    If you want to guess who our other transfer targets could be, the easiest way is to just read this list:
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/avid-s...a/berater/4959
    Last edited by pv4; 03-06-2020 at 11:26 PM.
    OK

  19. #1259
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,522
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'll save Dunster the trouble.

    Donachie is with Avid Sports Group as his agency. Our club has thrown our entire plan behind that one agency, starting with Carl. The deep agency roots are what got Carl kicked out of Vancouver, it is well worth a Google.

    If you want to guess who our other transfer targets could be, the easiest way is to just read this list:
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/avid-s...a/berater/4959
    Aaron Ramsey to the Jets confirmed

  20. #1260
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,292
    Hearts just got relegated. I wonder when we will be linked with Bozanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •