Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

We should front up to the first game of the season with a squad comprising of only former KB United players. I'd buy a season ticket to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Let Ibini go, Blokes only good for 60min a game at best before he hits a brick wall and can't lift his hamstring injury riddled legs.

Uga wants to follow Welsh by native Welch by actions Robbo to the Wankerers then screw him, He can go play o/seas but not another A League club.

Problems solved
    Agree on both, Ibini can go to whoever wants him. He has had more clubs then Tiger Woods.
    Uga can only be released overseas.
    I'm sick of some of these players, Play for the shirt or get lost. I don't care if we fill the backend of the squad with NPL talent. As long as they are loyal players that will put in for the club.

Honestly people who still hold onto the 'play for the shirt and be loyal' mentality need to get a grip.

Kanta has played for the shirt for many years and for his troubles he gets to sit on the bench for most games, have people tell him to join another club and get bagged out for his performances

If ugar or ibini or anyone can join a club with a coach, a good owner, a good ceo, some ****ing stability and for way more money then they should do it cause no ones feeding their family and paying their bills with 'loyalty and playing for the shirt'

I'm just happy another ex-coastie is walking out on his own accord. There's always a silver lining of you look hard enough.

Plus, the new owner, if we find one, will have less trouble clearing all the scum from our locker room when he or she arrives now. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

Plus I'm sure we'll have no troubles replacing his, checks notes...... 1 goal and 1 assist next season!! Lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Honestly people who still hold onto the 'play for the shirt and be loyal' mentality need to get a grip.

Kanta has played for the shirt for many years and for his troubles he gets to sit on the bench for most games, have people tell him to join another club and get bagged out for his performances

If ugar or ibini or anyone can join a club with a coach, a good owner, a good ceo, some ****ing stability and for way more money then they should do it cause no ones feeding their family and paying their bills with 'loyalty and playing for the shirt'
    Yeah, "play for the shirt shit" is kind of childish once you step out into the real world. Play for the contract, put incentives in their contract and make them chase the money. Watch them play their arses off come renewal time too.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

Don’t disagree but these tools have signed contracts. As long as the club is not in breach of those contracts then the players have NO right to leave. There is NO way they should be allowed to leave unless they go overseas and the club gets a transfer fee. If the jets let either of these players go to another a league team I am done with the club.

Lets also take stock and realise the two players in the articles are also aligned with the same agency as Robbo.

There's quite a few of our players on their books - Donachie (loaned for season), Millar (loaned til January), Dimi (gone), Kosta & Maki, Stevie, Bernie.....I'm sure there are others.

It appears the agency is just clearing the deck of their players from the club.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 26-10-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

If Millar is on loan until January, is the plan to have him back for part of the season?
    (Is there a plan?)

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Don’t disagree but these tools have signed contracts. As long as the club is not in breach of those contracts then the players have NO right to leave. There is NO way they should be allowed to leave unless they go overseas and the club gets a transfer fee. If the jets let either of these players go to another a league team I am done with the club.
    100% this.
    Messi wanted out of Barca... see what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah, "play for the shirt shit" is kind of childish once you step out into the real world. Play for the contract, put incentives in their contract and make them chase the money. Watch them play their arses off come renewal time too.
    I get that, but I'm also sick of the Jets being a transit lounge for players that are already chasing another deal in the A League. Look at Ibini signed because of the coach who only was here until he found a better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I'm sick of some of these players, Play for the shirt or get lost. I don't care if we fill the backend of the squad with NPL talent. As long as they are loyal players that will put in for the club.
    Hey man the 1930's called they want their bullshit back.

You are making a lot of assumptions about an organisation headed by a bloke who continually talks out of both sides of his mouth.its also noteworthy that no one from the Jets has mentioned anything about players or coaches breaking contracts. clauses are there for a reason and anyone assuming this rabble of bullshit has upheld every part of their end of the deal hasnt been around long enough to witness the crap that goes on here.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I get that, but I'm also sick of the Jets being a transit lounge for players that are already chasing another deal in the A League. Look at Ibini signed because of the coach who only was here until he found a better deal.
    Agree. "Supporters" thinking that letting good players go is ok becasue their undies are soiled can gtfo. They stay and play. LMNJGA

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Well played.
    Very plague-esq. Youll do as a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Sounds like a joke from the 1930's.......

At the end of the day, the gaffer obviously had no plans to be here long term. If some of the players feel let down, it should be with Robinson.

Unlikely the contracts are valid given the clubs money issues and the fact they had to resort to jobkeeper to pay players - and if players weren't be paid in full then I'd say the club would have no hold on them at all.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-10-2020 at 01:49 PM.

At the end of the day, if we had an organisation that was run properly and a team that players desired to play for, these guys wouldn't need to be held to their contracts at gunpoint.

Imagine signing for a club with Lawrie telling you it's all sunshine and lollipops when he knew full well that we were heading towards implosion a few months from now? You'd want out as soon as possible as well. Covid or not, we were always going down this path, the pandemic just sped things up a bit. These guys who resigned have kids found out they are on a sinking ship, it's their agents job to make sure they don't go down with it.

If I was Mr Lee, if get rid of Lawrie now, then go find a buyer without his bullshit ruining things. Once the new owner comes in and takes a look at where we are, they sit down with their new CEO and devise a 5 yr and 10 yr plan for the club. Give staff and players targets to hit and find people who can get it done.

That way, when someone arrives they know where we've come and where we are heading from day one. No surprises 6 months in or later to unsettle players. It's really not hard to be somewhat competent, is it?

Lee had a 5 year plan... too bad he decided he wasn't that interested after 2 years.
    Not much Lawrie can do without $$$.
    FFA should realise that teams outside major cities (like the Jets and yes, the CCM) are important for a healthy league: but instead of supporting them, they create plastic monsters like WU and Macarthur.
    If I were Lawrie, I'd pull the plug and withdraw the team on Dec 26.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Unlikely the contracts are valid given the clubs money issues and the fact they had to resort to jobkeeper to pay players - and if players weren't be paid in full then I'd say the club would have no hol on them at all.
    If you believe Lawrie's direct words, he claims we have not yet breached UG or Ibini's contracts and that they have been paid in full. This was said during a 15min interview I just watched on facebook with Lawrie (on the Newcastle Jerks supports page, or similar). It also included some other interesting things too - most notable for me was WSW were subsidizing part of Fitz's wage last season, which for me made him even better value for money.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If you believe Lawrie's direct words, he claims we have not yet breached UG or Ibini's contracts and that they have been paid in full. This was said during a 15min interview I just watched on facebook with Lawrie (on the Newcastle Jerks supports page, or similar). It also included some other interesting things too - most notable for me was WSW were subsidizing part of Fitz's wage last season, which for me made him even better value for money.
    They also had snippets of him on ABC radio this morning, saying the usual rhetoric:
    - New coach will be Aussie, too hard to get things sorted for an OS coach due to covid
    - We have 16 players, and legally need to sign two more senior players to have an official team
    - They are aiming to sign 2-4 more players, with 4 guys at the club trialing yesterday (on first day of pre-season)

Edit - Looks like there is a clip up on the Jets page..
    https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/vid...october-2020-0
    Last edited by Bon; 27-10-2020 at 08:44 AM.

I'm a little worried about my club.