Page 42 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    A) he gave us a Marquee in Hoolahan. It's not his fault that Wes got injured. Martin Lee is spending enough money on the team. But...

B) there's no point him putting more money into a poorly run club anyway. The twat in charge will just spend it on more Fitzgerald's and Millar's from down the F3, as well as resigning the current crop of mediocre players, to keep us rooted to the bottom of the table.

C) there's no reason why he should need to invest more money into the club. I don't know why you think he should spend more money on a club that should be able to support itself? You're very much on your own there.
    Hoolahan is one of the lowest paid in the squad. He only come here for the new experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Hoolahan is one of the lowest paid in the squad. He only come here for the new experience.
    Still a good enough player to replace Vargas. Can't fault Lee (or McKinna even) for getting him in and him getting injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Still a good enough player to replace Vargas. Can't fault Lee (or McKinna even) for getting him in and him getting injured.
    I agree and generally agree with previous post. A lot of people don't realise how little money it took for Wes to come

A) he gave us a Marquee in Hoolahan. It's not his fault that Wes got injured. Martin Lee is spending enough money on the team. But...

B) there's no point him putting more money into a poorly run club anyway. The twat in charge will just spend it on more Fitzgerald's and Millar's from down the F3, as well as resigning the current crop of mediocre players, to keep us rooted to the bottom of the table.

C) there's no reason why he should need to invest more money into the club. I don't know why you think he should spend more money on a club that should be able to support itself? You're very much on your own there.
    What the hell are you smok'n ?.

Wes is not a marquee in the proper definition of it with his wages not being paid outside the cap.

Clubs like ours like to refer to there key so called big name signings as marquee purely for status purposes but essentially if there deal is counted inside the cap they are not marquee status in the sense of what the marquee status was meant to be.

Our gypo CEO is on record time and time again saying no monies were spent outside the cap meaning both Arroyo and Wes are within the cap and as such do not meet proper marquee status.

As for owing Lee anything, nah man i don't pay by the month he has my monies in full LOL.
    Last edited by 380; 18-01-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    What the hell are you smok'n ?.

Wes is not a marquee in the proper definition of it with his wages not being paid outside the cap.

Clubs like ours like to refer to there key so called big name signings as marquee purely for status purposes but essentially if there deal is counted inside the cap they are not marquee status in the sense of what the marquee status was meant to be.

Our gypo CEO is on record time and time again saying no monies were spent outside the cap meaning both Arroyo and Wes are within the cap and as such do not meet proper marquee status.

As for owing Lee anything, nah man i don't pay by the month he has my monies in full LOL.
    Ok, so if that's the case and we managed to keep him inside the cap, well played by all involved. I know he's on low wages, but we still replaced Vargas with a most likely better player in Wessi.

The point still stands that Martin doesn't have to spend money outside the cap and if he chooses not to, so be it. There's plenty of players in our squad that are bringing us down further than any true marquee could improve us.

Gut the squad and find a CEO who knows what he's doing and we will be doing better than we would by adding any marquee to this current group.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Ok, so if that's the case and we managed to keep him inside the cap, well played by all involved. I know he's on low wages, but we still replaced Vargas with a most likely better player in Wessi.

The point still stands that Martin doesn't have to spend money outside the cap and if he chooses not to, so be it. There's plenty of players in our squad that are bringing us down further than any true marquee could improve us.

Gut the squad and find a CEO who knows what he's doing and we will be doing better than we would by adding any marquee to this current group.
    The problem I see with our squad is we have just become a club for recycled players to get another year or two at. I really hope whoever comes in next is pretty ruthless and has an eye on youth. If we are going to consider a shit journeyman winger good enough, we sure as hell should consider a young player with zero A-League street cred good enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    The problem I see with our squad is we have just become a club for recycled players to get another year or two at. I really hope whoever comes in next is pretty ruthless and has an eye on youth. If we are going to consider a shit journeyman winger good enough, we sure as hell should consider a young player with zero A-League street cred good enough.
    Precisely right

But here is the other thing

When we were going well we didn't build on it

Who did we sign after making the GF??

No one

We then resigned a pile of blokes who over achieved

Right now we got a squad full of players not earning their wages
    Dimi Hoff Topor Kanta Ugarkovic not one of them is earning 100% of their wage at the moment

Instead of being ruthless in 2018 and looking to build the Gypo CEO and Berts decisions are now coming back to bite us on the arse

Huge problem is that we have zero scouting network. We only look at players that are offered to us, and never go in search of what we actually need.

We sign the likes of Fitzgerald because we didn't have any other options to compare him with. We needed a body, he was available for low wages and we don't have to spend time and money going out and finding anybody better. Shit mentality, bit exactly what if expect from our current and past CEO.

Huge problem is that we have zero scouting network. We only look at players that are offered to us, and never go in search of what we actually need.

We sign the likes of Fitzgerald because we didn't have any other options to compare him with. We needed a body, he was available for low wages and we don't have to spend time and money going out and finding anybody better. Shit mentality, bit exactly what if expect from our current and past CEO.
    Alot of the blame has to go to Griff as well sadly

Surely he would have to be on decent money, at least 150k?

I was concerned when we signed Fitzgerald.
    Decent player, but poor goalscoring record. This has proved the case at the jets, He hasn't scored a goal yet in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Surely he would have to be on decent money, at least 150k?
    Nah he basically came to jets management and said he has earned enough money in his career. He is on minimum salary plus his rent is paid for. I don't know what the minimum is but yeah it's around that figure.
    He just wants a new experience

Banned

Other issue is that agents are also involved

I would love to know who's agent Fitzuseless is

Because it wouldn't surprise me if he is managed by someone who also manages someone in our squad

This is a much bigger issue than most fans are aware

Players are offered to clubs as clubs have relationships with agents

I be backing most of our signings in the last 10 years have come from agents with good relationships with people at the Jets at the time dropping people in our laps

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Other issue is that agents are also involved

I would love to know who's agent Fitzuseless is

Because it wouldn't surprise me if he is managed by someone who also manages someone in our squad
    I think you are onto something here member.

He's managed by Avid who also look after:

Dimi Petratos
    Kaine Shepherd
    Kosta Petratos
    Patrick Langlois
    Makis Petratos; and
    Nick Fitzgerald
    Last edited by The Dunster; 19-01-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Was it Tony rallis who has/had a very close agent/mgmt relationship with mckinna.

Was it Tony rallis who has/had a very close agent/mgmt relationship with mckinna.
    Yes: Football House Plus:

Ridenton and Millar are managed by them.

Other past Jets with them include:

Andrew Hoole
    Mario Shabow
    Andrew Nabbout
    Daniel Georgevski
    Taylor Reagan
    Patricio Rodriguez [Intermediary].

They represent the most players of any group in the A-League - so it's probably not a bad thing if Lawrie has a good relationship with them.

Millar appears to have been Helicoptered in for Georgevski - so the Jets would have been completely screwed on that deal.

Chances of Lawrie not knowing Nabbout was available are practically nil given his relationship with Tony Rallis.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 19-01-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I think you are onto something here member.

He's managed by Avid who also look after:

Dimi Petratos
    Kaine Shepherd
    Kosta Petratos
    Patrick Langlois
    Makis Petratos; and
    Nick Fitzgerald
    2016 Mourinhio takes over at Man Utd

This will just emphasise how bad Agents can effect a club

In 2016 they signed

Zlatan
    Pogba
    Mkhyatarian

2017 they signed
    Lukaku

There are a lot of square pegs in round holes there and judging by how Mourinhio struggled at Man U they don't all look like his signings

All coincidentally have the same agent

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    2016 Mourinhio takes over at Man Utd

This will just emphasise how bad Agents can effect a club

In 2016 they signed

Zlatan
    Pogba
    Mkhyatarian

2017 they signed
    Lukaku

There are a lot of square pegs in round holes there and judging by how Mourinhio struggled at Man U they don't all look like his signings

All coincidentally have the same agent
    Not too sure about the agents influence in those signings. It was common knowledge Pogba wanted to go back to United to prove a point, and United wanted himback, not much to do with the agent on that one.. Zlatan is Morinho's adopted son.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Not too sure about the agents influence in those signings. It was common knowledge Pogba wanted to go back to United to prove a point, and United wanted himback, not much to do with the agent on that one.. Zlatan is Morinho's adopted son.
    And maybe as part of the deal they had to take Myhkyatarian ??

Maybe the Lukaku deal was forced on them.as well to keep Pogba settled
    Jose didn't rate him.at Chelsea so it was a bizarre decision to bring him in at Man U