Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So you want it where 7/10 clubs can't afford good players and only both Melbourne's and Sydney win the thing
    Also, my first priority every season is to finish about the Gypos. Winning the league or GF is a bonus behind the one true goal. I couldn't even tell you which clubs have and haven't won a GF, cause I don't care about it. I know City, Sydney and Adelaide have won the FFA cup however. (Maybe someone else did to a few years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That's his football works everywhere in the world and it strives. Our comp is falling because of tall poppy syndrome.

Plus, small clubs can go on and win titles. Just look at the 04/05 EPL season. You can be a club with a small fanbase and still compete for titles.
    I agree with all the Member says but what I'm trying to say is I don't think it will work in Oz like it does around the world - we are still small fry here and I doubt there will be massive investment outside Sydney and Melbourne. And I do believe the sporting public here will give up if they are outside those cities who will have nobody to play.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 14-01-2020 at 04:52 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

That's his football works everywhere in the world and it strives. Our comp is falling because of tall poppy syndrome.

Plus, small clubs can go on and win titles. Just look at the 04/05 EPL season. You can be a club with a small fanbase and still compete for titles.
    It may work everywhere but It won't work down under IMO. As for your barb. Keep living in the past while we keep making history

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I agree with all the Member says but what I'm trying to say is I don't think it will work in Oz like it does around the world - we are still small fry here and I doubt there will be massive investment outside Sydney and Melbourne. And I do believe the sporting public here will give up if they are outside those cities who will have nobody to play.
    I can see your point 100%. But I think since we are already circling the drain we may as well take the training wheels off and see how it fairs with real competition. Sydney aren't going to spend stupid straight away considering how easy the comp already is, so I can't see it being an instant explosion.

It may work everywhere but It won't work down under IMO. As for your barb. Keep living in the past while we keep making history
    Haha, lol. Easy fishing as always.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I can see your point 100%. But I think since we are already circling the drain we may as well take the training wheels off and see how it fairs with real competition. Sydney aren't going to spend stupid straight away considering how easy the comp already is, so I can't see it being an instant explosion.

Haha, lol. Easy fishing as always.
    Fishing would be saying Arsenal never had an undefeated season. Which would be true as you were knocked out of all cup comps.

Removing the salary cap and restrictions on foreign players is unlikely to see an explosion in wages like some here are assuming . The only way wages will increase in aggregate is if new money is brought in to accommodate it.
    Given the next broadcast deal may not be so great and a world wide recession is making investors nervous at all levels I think it's more likely wages will fall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Removing the salary cap and restrictions on foreign players is unlikely to see an explosion in wages like some here are assuming . The only way wages will increase in aggregate is if new money is brought in to accommodate it.
    Given the next broadcast deal may not be so great and a world wide recession is making investors nervous at all levels I think it's more likely wages will fall.
    Will make foreigners less likely to come here I reckon

Banned
    So you want it where 7/10 clubs can't afford good players and only both Melbourne's and Sydney win the thing
    Isn't that what we have now??

Even capital city sides like Adelaide and Roar and Perth can not compete financially with the Sydney/Melbourne teams

Last I looked also Blue Aids n Victree keep winning and it ain't changing soon either

This comp started dying the day they started tampering with the Salary Cap is season 3 to let Blue Aids sign Cankles and Disco Stu when they didn't have the budget for them

Will make foreigners less likely to come here I reckon
    Why? It might make money grabbing marquees less likely, because with an open market clubs will be able to get better value for money than the like of Villa or Honda, but quality foreigners will be able to move here more easily.

Also, my first priority every season is to finish about the Gypos. Winning the league or GF is a bonus behind the one true goal. I couldn't even tell you which clubs have and haven't won a GF, cause I don't care about it. I know City, Sydney and Adelaide have won the FFA cup however. (Maybe someone else did to a few years back.
    And this is why we are forever destined to be a shit club.

I would rather it be more like the Man Utd vs Leeds rivalry. We don't give a shit about it because we are vastly superior. **** Leeds, **** the mariners, **** the record and **** the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

I would rather it be more like the Man Utd vs Leeds rivalry. We don't give a shit about it because we are vastly superior. **** Leeds, **** the mariners, **** the record and **** the people.
    Id rather always make finals then always beat the Gypos
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Id rather always make finals then always beat the Gypos
    You don't understand what it is to support a club with your statement

That is why it best you support plastic sides like Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

This isn't the reason we are always destined to be a shit club. It's a symptom.

Plus, in order for us to say **** the mariners, we need to actually be better than them. Right now we are half Gypo/half trash.

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

This isn't the reason we are always destined to be a shit club. It's a symptom.

Plus, in order for us to say **** the mariners, we need to actually be better than them. Right now we are half Gypo/half trash.
    This and in actual fact i would say Charlesworth is showing up Martin Lee at present.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This and in actual fact i would say Charlesworth is showing up Martin Lee at present.
    You need to find a new dead horse to beat. McKinna is the reason we are trash, not Mr Lee. Martin isn't the one spending his money on Gypos and telling the media/fans clear lies about how the club is going.

McKinna is the sole reason we are in our current state.

You need to find a new dead horse to beat. McKinna is the reason we are trash, not Mr Lee. Martin isn't the one spending his money on Gypos and telling the media/fans clear lies about how the club is going.

McKinna is the sole reason we are in our current state.
    Tell me Martin Lee's investment in to this club is NOT heading south and i will find a new dead horse to beat. Martin spending the same as he once did is he ?

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Tell me Martin Lee's investment in to this club is NOT heading south and i will find a new dead horse to beat. Martin spending the same as he once did is he ?
    A) he gave us a Marquee in Hoolahan. It's not his fault that Wes got injured. Martin Lee is spending enough money on the team. But...

B) there's no point him putting more money into a poorly run club anyway. The twat in charge will just spend it on more Fitzgerald's and Millar's from down the F3, as well as resigning the current crop of mediocre players, to keep us rooted to the bottom of the table.

C) there's no reason why he should need to invest more money into the club. I don't know why you think he should spend more money on a club that should be able to support itself? You're very much on your own there.

Always forgotten that Griff has quite a bit to do with recruitment.