Page 87 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    And loan Noah James to Wanderers. Are we really joking. Could of been any other team
    Can't be much of a deal though, Birraz knocked it back to stay in Gosford.

No problem with a loan deal, the kid might get games. We have two genuine number ones and if one gets injured then you can call Noah back (unless A-League has some stupid rule that you can't?)
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 31-12-2020 at 10:33 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Can't be much of a deal though, Birraz knocked it back to stay in Gosford.

No problem with a loan deal, the kid might get games. We have two genuine number ones and if one gets injured then you can call Noah back (unless A-League has some stupid rule that you can't?)
    Think those rules only apply to Sydney and Wanderers.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    For mine let's sign Michael Bridges as manager. He has the qualifications, desire and connections overseas for players. Why not give him a chance to see how he manages

He sounds dumber than a bag of doorknobs everytime he speaks IMO. He'd be here for a month or two before folding under any sort of pressure and asking for a payout which we can't afford to pay for.

Leave Dean's in charge until new owners come in and let them spend whatever they want on a coach, Dean's is probably as good or better a coach as Bridges anyway. Dean's won't leave no matter how bad things get as he's actually a decent bloke and cares about the club, we need that security right now. We don't need to waste money on a different untested coach especially whilst we are circling the drain financially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    He sounds dumber than a bag of doorknobs everytime he speaks IMO. He'd be here for a month or two before folding under any sort of pressure and asking for a payout which we can't afford to pay for.

Leave Dean's in charge until new owners come in and let them spend whatever they want on a coach, Dean's is probably as good or better a coach as Bridges anyway. Dean's won't leave no matter how bad things get as he's actually a decent bloke and cares about the club, we need that security right now. We don't need to waste money on a different untested coach especially whilst we are circling the drain financially.
    For a rare moment I agree with you 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    For a rare moment I agree with you 100%

And me with you.

I was really hoping never to hear Michael '6-8 weeks' Bridges' name mentioned in connection to our gaffa's position again but I suppose we are almost at our lowest of lows so a itchy scab like bridges is probably what we deserve.

Ok what is this stay tuned alert game day announcement on the app for our club news mean ?.

Who is starting tonight?

The one thing that is in the Jets favour is that the A League is way down on standard this year with the reduced salary cap.
    Uga and thurgate could potentially be one of the better central midfield pairings in the competition.
    Yuel and O'Donovan up front looks a handy strikeforce and the boy on loan from city looks the goods. Goals in the trials haven't been a problem.

But goals against is a real issue and do the Jets have any flexibility within the squad to change the system.
    Robinson's formation on 3-5-2 worked a treat, I think he surprised alot of opposition teams. Many expected him to play a counter attacking game like he did at Vancouver in the MLS. But with Ibini and Fitzgerald gone have the Jets got the players to play with wingers?

For mine if your conceding goals then you must play 4 at the back and shore up the defence, especially against the Mariners who will play direct and second balls could be a factor in the box.

Duncan is a good keeper, but I would have passed him up to keep James in Newcastle. Loaning him to the Wanderers is not good business in my opinion. Would have been a bad luck scenario for Duncan, I think his money could have been invested better with more cover and competition for Hoffman considering Millar doesn't look like returning.
    As for Nichols, well the guy has some talent and has still been playing well in the QLD NPL. But his career has gone down at A League level after some off field issues.

For mine let's sign Michael Bridges as manager. He has the qualifications, desire and connections overseas for players. Why not give him a chance to see how he manages
    Not allowed to mention Bridgey on here, you'll get the revenge of the nerds. I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Ok what is this stay tuned alert game day announcement on the app for our club news mean ?.
    The two theories I've read are a new major sponsor announ or just announcement that they have become officially an independent league.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Problem is being a decent bloke won't win us games.... I agree Deans is a decent bloke, but many of these guys have heard his voice, tactics before. It mighten be enough to inspire the squad.
    I did say Bridgy as I'm sick of the uncertainty, imagine what it's like for the players. Ben Cahn would be my first choice ATM from Olympic FC in Brisbane, I have previously stated that in forum. But for the record Id have no problem with Bridgy or Deans, let's just make the call.

Problem is being a decent bloke won't win us games.... I agree Deans is a decent bloke, but many of these guys have heard his voice, tactics before. It mighten be enough to inspire the squad.
    I did say Bridgy as I'm sick of the uncertainty, imagine what it's like for the players. Ben Cahn would be my first choice ATM from Olympic FC in Brisbane, I have previously stated that in forum. But for the record Id have no problem with Bridgy or Deans, let's just make the call.
    It has already been announced that until we get a new owner we won't be getting a new coach / manager.

The club is neither looking or interviewing.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/ugar...rs-next-season

not even all that disappointed that he's leaving, if anything im shocked we had him for this long but cant pretend that him leaving for another a league club and it being the wanderers stings just a lil bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

not even all that disappointed that he's leaving, if anything im shocked we had him for this long but cant pretend that him leaving for another a league club and it being the wanderers stings just a lil bit
    You wait till he gets an early release in the next few weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    You wait till he gets an early release in the next few weeks...
    Friday night will tell us which way to go.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post

With the jets being stripped of their license, aren't all contracts now void. Therefore he can just leave now if he wants

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    With the jets being stripped of their license, aren't all contracts now void. Therefore he can just leave now if he wants
    That's how I interpreted the herald article
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That's how I interpreted the herald article
    Lederer doing his best to get that Welching c^%t Robbo his Sugar before the end of January.

yep, sign him with a nod and a wink towards what was about to happen and bob's your uncle.

With uga going it night be worth looking at Allan Welsh from Adelaide comets. I'd move uga on now, no point having a guy that clearly doesn't want to be here, loan him out overseas for a fee.

Welsh has been the best player in SA NPL for the last 3 years, especially considering we have signed 2 players that have come out of that competition in Yuel and yengi (same club as welsh)
    Welsh played one season with the Jets in 2014/15 with 16 games.
    Clearly he is alot better player now.