Page 43 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And maybe as part of the deal they had to take Myhkyatarian ??

Maybe the Lukaku deal was forced on them.as well to keep Pogba settled
    Jose didn't rate him.at Chelsea so it was a bizarre decision to bring him in at Man U
    maybe, maybe, maybe they were just bad buys, like the rest of the bad buys over the last how many years.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    maybe, maybe, maybe they were just bad buys, like the rest of the bad buys over the last how many years.
    Well since they sold Lukaku and Mhki they've signed some much better players and Pogba has completely turned to shit and will definitely be leaving soon. Both of which kind of prove Membahs point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Myhkyatarian wasn't necessarily a bad buy at the time. When he arrived he was doing pretty well in the Bundesliga with Dortmund and had more or less earned the big money move to a big club

Lukaku scored 17 goals for West Brom then for Everton 15 -10-18--25 in the EPL and was just turning 24 when he joined Man Utd so the bloke had a pretty good record in the EPL

Neither on paper are bad signings as such in theory

Both though were square pegs in round holes at the club though

Any news about the shitty Jets squad? Or we moved to banging on about epl rubbish?

Myhkyatarian wasn't necessarily a bad buy at the time. When he arrived he was doing pretty well in the Bundesliga with Dortmund and had more or less earned the big money move to a big club

Lukaku scored 17 goals for West Brom then for Everton 15 -10-18--25 in the EPL and was just turning 24 when he joined Man Utd so the bloke had a pretty good record in the EPL

Neither on paper are bad signings as such in theory

Both though were square pegs in round holes at the club though
    I agree with the above analysis. By bad buy I did not mean it to not mean bad player, bad buy means the player does not fit in with the club playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Well since they sold Lukaku and Mhki they've signed some much better players and Pogba has completely turned to shit and will definitely be leaving soon. Both of which kind of prove Membahs point.
    Are you sure about that? Man utd will be rebuilding for a long time yet.

Are you sure about that? Man utd will be rebuilding for a long time yet.
    Who said anything about rebuilding. Member was talking about agent power. Once United broke free of the agent in question (Raiole) they seem to be heading down a different and arguably better path.

The point was that the agent was controlling who United purchased almost. We don't want to go down the same path of being dictated by a single agent.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Who said anything about rebuilding. Member was talking about agent power. Once United broke free of the agent in question (Raiole) they seem to be heading down a different and arguably better path.

The point was that the agent was controlling who United purchased almost. We don't want to go down the same path of being dictated by a single agent.
    I think it is also laziness on behalf of the club's

We use agents to deliver us players instead of scouting players ourselves

So as a result the players are more or less dropped in Gypo CEO and our Manager if we had ones lap

That is a big problem as we are only getting access to what comes our way

And on a whogivesafukkaboutManU note, NBN Bobby:

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsbobby220120.mp4

I think it is also laziness on behalf of the club's

We use agents to deliver us players instead of scouting players ourselves

So as a result the players are more or less dropped in Gypo CEO and our Manager if we had ones lap

That is a big problem as we are only getting access to what comes our way
    Bang on, It is lazy recruiting that sees clubs like ours provide the likes of Fitzuseless his 37th opportunity at this level as opposed to getting around the NPL's and identifying a prospect and at the very least provide them with one.

So the Jerks facey page has just posted that "Squad news is coming"...
    Is that in regard to the team for tomorrow? Or news on a signing/sacking/cleanse the whole setup???

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Is that in regard to the team for tomorrow? Or news on a signing/sacking/cleanse the whole setup???
    Team news as the women's did the same thing

It will just be who ever the player managers have selected to play tomorrow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Probably announcing that instead of wasting everyone's time by flying to NZ the Jets have decided it be easier all round to forfeit and take a 3-0 loss on the chin

Worth listening to the latest Fox podcast - Adam Peacock talking to SFC and Perth CEOs.

A little Sydney-centric but you hear how they manage their squads, salary cap concessions, transfers etc.

Compare away lads!
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 23-01-2020 at 01:09 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Worth listening to the latest Fox podcast - Adam Peacock talking to SFC and Perth CEOs.

A little Sydney-centric but you hear how they manage their squads, salary cap concessions, transfers etc.

Compare away lads!
    I found it very interesting. The concessions for academy and legacy players makes it worthwhile investing in someone if they perform well - only if you can afford to pay over the cap!

I was intrigued by the "banking" salary cap discussion. I stand by what I've been saying for ages - that's exactly what I reckon we are doing this year for a new coach next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I found it very interesting. The concessions for academy and legacy players makes it worthwhile investing in someone if they perform well - only if you can afford to pay over the cap!

I was intrigued by the "banking" salary cap discussion. I stand by what I've been saying for ages - that's exactly what I reckon we are doing this year for a new coach next season.
    I knew nothing about "banking".

I would love to see the SFC "live" salary spreadsheet they discussed!
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Tarek has left the wanderers. We should try to get him.