Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    If Simmons is good enough, it doesn't matter if he is 17. If he isn't good enough, he will fit in well in 3-4 years time and hang around for 3-4 years too long before we bin him. Just play him. Let him make mistakes. Let him learn at the level he needs to learn.
    Just play him if he isn't good enough? Cause you learn how to be a better footballer by getting destroyed week in and week out by fitter, stronger, better coached and more polished midfielders... That won't destroy a 17 yr olds confidence will it? He won't become terrified to make a pass because he knows as soon as he stuffs up he isn't good enough to win it back of track the runs and the team loses because of his mistakes....

I love your work Grim. But you learn more on the training pitch than during the game. The game is where you find your weaknesses and then bring them to training to work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just play him if he isn't good enough? Cause you learn how to be a better footballer by getting destroyed week in and week out by fitter, stronger, better coached and more polished midfielders... That won't destroy a 17 yr olds confidence will it? He won't become terrified to make a pass because he knows as soon as he stuffs up he isn't good enough to win it back of track the runs and the team loses because of his mistakes....

I love your work Grim. But you learn more on the training pitch than during the game. The game is where you find your weaknesses and then bring them to training to work on.
    If he becomes scared to make a pass well resign him for another 5 years
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned

Disagree

This is the Jets we talking about

The club has no expectations of success and embraces failure and mediocrity

Actually we may as well go full in on promoting Yoof early as results don't really matter here

Play them so they all got 100 games at this level by the time they are 22

Maybe they will sink maybe they will swim but it better than signing the likes of Fitzuseless and Co to contracts

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Disagree

This is the Jets we talking about

The club has no expectations of success and embraces failure and mediocrity

Actually we may as well go full in on promoting Yoof early as results don't really matter here

Play them so they all got 100 games at this level by the time they are 22

Maybe they will sink maybe they will swim but it better than signing the likes of Fitzuseless and Co to contracts
    That last sentence of yours Member is somewhat along the lines of my thinking this last few days and how the standard of the league and lazy recruiting clubs sign these turnstile type players, The Fitzgeralds, Neville , Paine etc. These blokes get so many chances and the only thing that changes from club to club to club is the color of there shirt and not there consistently flat lined talent for this level.

I think from memory long term ( maybe local ) players after so many continious years of service there contract value only 50% of that figure is included in the cap.

Similarly i think its time and happy to be corrected if dispensation already exists but is it time to offer clubs a mature age rookie from the next level down like your Murrays and sheps etc where say 30% of there contract arrangement is counted toward the cap. Would that type of incentive to clubs see the end of the days where these revolving door players either step up or go back to a standard more suitable to there regular output.

I am no genius but there must be a way to get clubs to stop this offering up career lifelines to these mature age players who's only real ability was once to carve up the beep test and thats about it.

Thoughts ????.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    That last sentence of yours Member is somewhat along the lines of my thinking this last few days and how the standard of the league and lazy recruiting clubs sign these turnstile type players, The Fitzgeralds, Neville , Paine etc. These blokes get so many chances and the only thing that changes from club to club to club is the color of there shirt and not there consistently flat lined talent for this level.

I think from memory long term ( maybe local ) players after so many continious years of service there contract value only 50% of that figure is included in the cap.

Similarly i think its time and happy to be corrected if dispensation already exists but is it time to offer clubs a mature age rookie from the next level down like your Murrays and sheps etc where say 30% of there contract arrangement is counted toward the cap. Would that type of incentive to clubs see the end of the days where these revolving door players either step up or go back to a standard more suitable to there regular output.

I am no genius but there must be a way to get clubs to stop this offering up career lifelines to these mature age players who's only real ability was once to carve up the beep test and thats about it.

Thoughts ????.
    Well I think your suggestions for salary cap allowances is only going to allow Blue Aids Victree and the other bigger spenders more room to rort the salary cap

The reality is nothing is stopping the club's now from having a go at alternative methods

The reality is for the likes of Gypos Jets we really need to be thinking outside the box on how we can compete

The Salary Cap has changed so much since the HAL started. We were all once on a level playing field hence why in early days both the Jets n Gypos had success as we had a chance. But the FFA have watered the Salary Cap down to advantage Blue Aids n Victree etc so as a result we are both going to be at the bottom of the table more often than not

Being that we don't have relegation there is really no reason why we don't try an approach outside the box
    We might as well kick out all players and only pick blokes from Newy to play at the Jets. If we gonna be shit we can do it with locals

I really hope the HAL **** off the salary cap. Because when they do it will actually force innovation on the clubs

And he's going to learn so much playing NPL and 8 youth league games, isn't he? You can't really find your weaknesses at that level. But sure, let them all wait till they are 26 so they can break through and have Slater and Harper go on about "this great young talent", FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    And he's going to learn so much playing NPL and 8 youth league games, isn't he? You can't really find your weaknesses at that level. But sure, let them all wait till they are 26 so they can break through and have Slater and Harper go on about "this great young talent", FFS.
    He's had pubes on his cock for all of 6 months (everyone goes through puberty at 16 right??) And he hasn't shown that he's an exemplary talent as yet. My actual point is that there is a limit to how unready a player can be before it can have a negative effect on them. Langlois is 3 yrs older and still hasn't been prepared well for the jump to HAL. Our coaches at youth level are pretty trash remember. See below for further on this.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I absolutely think we should go the Southampton style football structure. Spend as much money on an academy as we do on the first team and then start selling talented youth players off for profits. Get some good coaches in, start smashing the NPL teams with kids and then watch all the other talented kids parents start dragging them over to us.

Also, if they don't allow transfer fees amongst HAL clubs we should start pimping ourselves out to any bigger euro clubs/leagues with first options on talent in exchange for coaches/training packages/loans/pre season games/etc.

Or, go with Members "Athletic Bilbao" style team with only players from the area or with links to the area. The best part of which is the removal of some of the dredge that's floated north from the Gosford sewerage centres.

Also, not sure if I missed it being posted earlier but Ridenton is on trial with Reading. They are currently mid table in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post

Thoughts ????.
    The simple solution is to get rid of the salary cap and any restrictions on foreign players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The simple solution is to get rid of the salary cap and any restrictions on foreign players.
    Get rid of cap, give a bonus to clubs who play more than a minimum amount of home-grown players (but still remove the restriction) and allow transfer fees between clubs.

Get rid of cap, give a bonus to clubs who play more than a minimum amount of home-grown players (but still remove the restriction) and allow transfer fees between clubs.
    No. it won't work because you then have to define what a home grown player is - which opens the door for more strategic behaviour by the bigger clubs who will continually reinvent that definition to give themselves an advantage.

Like I said. No salary cap - no restrictions to foreign players.

Banned
    No. it won't work because you then have to define what a home grown player is - which opens the door for more strategic behaviour by the bigger clubs who will continually reinvent that definition to give themselves an advantage.

I don't think that really gonna matter at the top of the table

Those clubs are already gonna be advantaged as they be able to spend what they want to on talent anyway to get an advantage

To then be able to try and get some one through as naturalized to rort the system ain't gonna be that massive of an area for them to rort anyway

The other thing is I think it is also imperative that our teams have some mandated component of so many Aussies in the First X1 for player development etc

What? If you've been registered and played at an Aussie club for 3 years before you are 18, you are classed as home grown. That's pretty simple to work out.

And the bonus will only be small anyways. It's just a small incentive for lower teams to keep playing Aussies. Sydney and that can play with 11 foreigners week in and week out and make more money from league position. Clubs at the bottom like us will get benefits from playing Aussies.

Heck, add a clause that if a kid spends 3 years at your academy and makes the Socceroos side you get a bonus. Etc, etc.

Just my thoughts but I have a few misgivings about letting the cap go. We know Sydney and the two Melbournes will buy everyone in sight and dominate the league. But - who will they play against is the long term?

Unlike in Europe where long suffering fans will go and watch Watford and Bournemouth see the big 6 with no hope of winning anything, but with the comfort of TV money and a strong fallback league - here, culturally we have no back up. We can say the strongest survive and the Jets, Mariners and Phoenix et all will fall by the wayside, possibly to an el cheapo second division. But fans here won't give a toss and short of huge money coming in like they have in Japan, USA and India there isn't really anyone else who could step up. Maybe Perth and Wanderers but Adelaide and Brisbane would also struggle. Western is struggling and I have serious doubts about Macarthur.

I don't think fans here could handle a three team league.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just my thoughts but I have a few misgivings about letting the cap go. We know Sydney and the two Melbournes will buy everyone in sight and dominate the league. But - who will they play against is the long term?

Unlike in Europe where long suffering fans will go and watch Watford and Bournemouth see the big 6 with no hope of winning anything, but with the comfort of TV money and a strong fallback league - here, culturally we have no back up. We can say the strongest survive and the Jets, Mariners and Phoenix et all will fall by the wayside, possibly to an el cheapo second division. But fans here won't give a toss and short of huge money coming in like they have in Japan, USA and India there isn't really anyone else who could step up. Maybe Perth and Wanderers but Adelaide and Brisbane would also struggle. Western is struggling and I have serious doubts about Macarthur.

I don't think fans here could handle a three team league.
    Disagree

Why these clubs are all struggling is straight up down to finances nothing more nothing less

The real reason is that we have a salary cap where clubs are mandated to spend 90% of 3.2 million on player wages

Straight away that is the biggest handicap to clubs being financially viable

Let's remove it and let the club's spend what they want

If the Gypos want to spend 1.5 million on wages then let them
    If the Blue Aids want to spend 6 million on wages let them

By having such a high investment in running or owning a club in the HAL the FFA have killed investment in the code. Remove it and allow access in

Once you allow access in we can quickly get to 20 team comp because the current BS is pricing clubs out

So good to see this
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B7SHal4l...=15iar19v2xtrn

Still a long way to go, but better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Disagree

Why these clubs are all struggling is straight up down to finances nothing more nothing less

The real reason is that we have a salary cap where clubs are mandated to spend 90% of 3.2 million on player wages

Straight away that is the biggest handicap to clubs being financially viable

Let's remove it and let the club's spend what they want

If the Gypos want to spend 1.5 million on wages then let them
    If the Blue Aids want to spend 6 million on wages let them

By having such a high investment in running or owning a club in the HAL the FFA have killed investment in the code. Remove it and allow access in

Once you allow access in we can quickly get to 20 team comp because the current BS is pricing clubs out
    So you want it where 7/10 clubs can't afford good players and only both Melbourne's and Sydney win the thing

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So you want it where 7/10 clubs can't afford good players and only both Melbourne's and Sydney win the thing
    That's his football works everywhere in the world and it strives. Our comp is falling because of tall poppy syndrome.

Plus, small clubs can go on and win titles. Just look at the 04/05 EPL season. You can be a club with a small fanbase and still compete for titles.