Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Georgievski and Jair would have been on reasonably good $$$, and within the salary cap, which doesn't come out of Mr. lee's pocket (please correct me if I'm wrong).

So there's potential for signing 2-3 good players, even with no marquees.

I would invest in RB, CB (phase Boogs out), CM (to give Kanta and Ugar some competition and considering Kanta is prone to injuries).

Dimi n.10, it's his chance to show he is able to lift the team now that Vargas it out of the way (finally)

Champness definitely a starter as LW
    Your forgetting Thurgate

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Is TurboPetrol going to post daily news in this thread, too?
    We can only hope so.
    OK

I'd sign a left back, a right back, and an exorcist.

We've got 5 spots free.

Out the door went an starting attacking mid, starting winger, reserve midfielder, starting striker (who is still to re-sign), squad winger and base squad fullback and starting left back.

I reckon Roy is a good shot at being re- signed.

Ronny was outside the cap and I don't suspect that will happen again. That turns a starting spot into two bench equivalent spots.

I reckon we have space for 1 starter wages, three bench equivalents and another base contract

I'd sign a starter winger, bench winger, bench attacking mid, bench striker and base left back
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 02-05-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Is there any guys we should let go who are actually feasible?? As in not boogs since we resigned him last year and there’s no way we’re just gonna release him in the off season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Is there any guys we should let go who are actually feasible?? As in not boogs since we resigned him last year and there’s no way we’re just gonna release him in the off season
    Ugarkovic can.be sold

We can do better

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Ugarkovic can.be sold

We can do better
    Nope we cant unless we get Kilkenny, O Neil and Brillante
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Ugarkovic can.be sold

We can do better
    You mispelled Ridenten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

In the least surprising news ever, DG signs with WSW.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/new...weh7GGDltWkLpM

In the least surprising news ever, DG signs with WSW.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/new...weh7GGDltWkLpM
    i wish him well.
    not only came here when we were utter garbage and helped make us better, but he was one of the main ones who stuck around post game and talked to the kiddies and signed everything everyone put in front of him.
    also, the first time i saw him on the streets he was wearing the most awesome metallic gold sneakers. from that moment we knew he was a good'un.

always came across as a genuinely good dude, so of course the gypo wouldnt want to keep him.

Middleby out.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i wish him well.
    not only came here when we were utter garbage and helped make us better, but he was one of the main ones who stuck around post game and talked to the kiddies and signed everything everyone put in front of him.
    also, the first time i saw him on the streets he was wearing the most awesome metallic gold sneakers. from that moment we knew he was a good'un.

always came across as a genuinely good dude, so of course the gypo wouldnt want to keep him.

Middleby out.
    Absolutely. When the real important games came and went and most of the team choked DG didn't

I know he takes up practically nothing in the cap but Kosta sticks out as easily the weakest link in our team, we could definitely find a young player with a lot more to offer then him if we can move him on

I know he takes up practically nothing in the cap but Kosta sticks out as easily the weakest link in our team, we could definitely find a young player with a lot more to offer then him if we can move him on
    Gotta keep him to keep Dimi happy
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

He doesn't seem to have developed as expected. He was up against some very good strikers at Perth but still managed a few appearances. At the Jets he's been pretty much anonymous and never even came into calculations when Roy was out and we needed a striker.

If we need to keep him here to please Dimi then the solution is easy - sack them both.

Any player that puts family above football is simply not going to have what it takes to get the job done.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-05-2019 at 12:01 PM.

The fact that the filthy Gypo CEO mentioned him as one of our prospects this year that we could use instead of getting an import in, makes me feel that he won't be moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Is TurboPetrol going to post daily news in this thread, too?
    just for you my salty couscous - and everytime I do I'll dedicate it to your mate Gary (whose choices were highly questionable too...)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6...ports/?cs=7580

May 2 2019 - 8:00PM
    A-League | Newcastle Jets set to bolster their squad with value-for-money imports
    ROBERT DILLON
    Local Sport

ORGANISED: Jets coach Ernie Merrick is well advanced with his plans for next season. Picture: Max Mason-Hubers

NEWCASTLE Jets are likely kick off next season with two vacant positions on their squad, allowing coach Ernie Merrick to keep his options open.

A-League clubs are permitted to sign rosters of up to 23 players, but Merrick said he would be content to start the 2019-20 campaign with 21, preferring quality rather than quantity.
    "There's two reasons," Merrick told the Newcastle Herald. "One is the transfer window in January.

"It's always good to have a player to come in then.
    "The other is you never know if there is another youngster that is going to come through, whether we've got them now in the academy or the youth team, or whether we're going to discover another young NPL player."
    After missing out on the finals this season, Newcastle parted company with marquee midfielder Ronny Vargas and fellow South American Jair, along with proven first-teams Daniel Georgievski and Nick Cowburn, as well as fringe players Kwabena Appiah and Jake Adelson to be released.
    The future of Irish target man Roy O'Donovan, the club's top scorer over the past two seasons, remains unclear.
    The Jets have made O'Donovan an offer to stay and Merrick said they were still awaiting a decision.
    READ MORE: Newcastle Jets news
    The coach felt Newcastle already had the makings of a "very competitive squad" that he would look to supplement with another striker, either a foreign import or an Australian.
    "We're in the hunt for a striker ... I'd be looking for someone preferably who's between 25 and 30, who's got a little bit of experience and is very technical and clever on the ball and quick," he said. "Then they can either central, or wide."
    Merrick joked that "every team in the world" was looking for players with such attributes but was confident he could spot a diamond in the rough.
    He signed little-known South Americans Fred and Carlos Hernandez during his time at Melbourne Victory, and recruited Roy Krishna and Sarpreet Singh for Wellington Phoenix before either had made their A-League debuts.
    During his National Soccer League days with Sunshine George Cross, he signed a young right back from South Melbourne named Damian Mori and converted him into a striker.
    Mori proceeded to become the most prolific goalscorer in NSL history.
    "It just shows that if they've got the right capacities - they're brave and they're quick and they're coachable - it's amazing what you can find," he said.
    "You never know where the players are going to come from.
    "Just don't restrict yourself. They don't have to be overseas players."
    Merrick was confident youngsters Joey Champness, Angus Thurgate and Lachlan Jackson could step up to become first-team regulars next season.

The Jets will start their off-season break on Friday week and return on July 1.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I'm worried we are going to lose Roy O'Donovan because we made him a ridiculous low ball offer.

1 Glen Moss – signed until 19/20
    3 Jason Hoffman – signed until 19/20
    4 Nigel Boogaard – signed until 19/20
    5 Ben Kantarovski – signed until 19/20
    6 Steven Ugarkovic – signed until 20/21
    7 Dimitri Petratos – signed until 20/21
    13 Ivan Vujica – signed until 19/20
    14 Kaine Sheppard - signed until 19/20
    18 John Koutroumbis – signed until 21/22
    19 Kosta Petratos - signed until 19/20
    20 Lewis Italiano - signed until 19/20
    22 Lachlan Jackson – signed until 20/21
    23 Matthew Ridenton - signed until 19/20 (Foreign)
    24 Joe Champness – signed until 19/20
    25 Jack Simmons - 19/20 (Scholarship contract)
    28 Patrick Langlois – signed until 19/20
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 21/22
    44 Nikolai Topor-Stanley – signed until 20/21

xx Matt Millar - signed until 20/21

18 Full Contract Spots used, 5 remaining (including 4 visa spots available). 1 scholarship player outside the cap.

Updated following Jets email
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm worried we are going to lose Roy O'Donovan because we made him a ridiculous low ball offer.
    That's one possibility.

The other is other clubs offer, or are claimed to offer from his agent, greater money and we decide not to match it.