Page 20 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Don't show much quality riding the pine. Flapper has played only 126 competitive games since 2008, with 77 of them for us.

Nobody really knows how good he is now. Being snapped up by the Gypos ahead of every other club doesn't bode well.

Geez it would have been funny if BK stayed there and they were competing again.
    You've received my interest, how many games has BK played in the same time frame in comparison? Genuine question. I wouldn't have thought BK has played that many more in that time.
    Last edited by pv4; 30-07-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You've received my interest, how many games has BK played in the same time frame in comparison? Genuine question. I wouldn't have thought BK has played that many more in that time.
    wikipedia suggests 119 in the same period.

NBN tonight on upcoming Wankerers trial match

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetstopor300719.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    wikipedia suggests 119 in the same period.
    Thanks Belch

Interested to see if Jetmaster accepts those statistics and would like to vary his/her comments about BK actually playing football in comparison.
    OK

Keogh leaving Perth

Has our Panamanian goal scoring machine arrived yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Yes, he was interviewed last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    He was at the Edgy game on the weekend. Looks very fit

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Keogh leaving Perth
    According to the herald we were interested before he decided to take the money in Saudi Arabia. Probably the club just pretending to still be players in the player market to give us suffering fans some more false hope

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Thanks Belch

Interested to see if Jetmaster accepts those statistics and would like to vary his/her comments about BK actually playing football in comparison.
    It has never been said BK has achieved great heights. Even BK himself knows that. Flapper with all his fanbois and reputation just hasn't achieved what he could have nor played a decent amount of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    According to the herald we were interested before he decided to take the money in Saudi Arabia. Probably the club just pretending to still be players in the player market to give us suffering fans some more false hope
    Spot on..

Apparently we're about to sign 37yo Wes Hoolahan. Played 300+ games for norwich. Used sparsely last season for west brom. Attacking mid. Very technical, calm on the ball, dictates play. Can play left mid.

Sound like possibly a mid of dimi, wes, kanta/uga.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Apparently we're about to sign 37yo Wes Hoolahan. Played 300+ games for norwich. Used sparsely last season for west brom. Attacking mid. Very technical, calm on the ball, dictates play. Can play left mid.

Sound like possibly a mid of dimi, wes, kanta/uga.
    The Irish Messi, or "Wessi"... As wikipedia has him..

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I am a Wes fan, enjoyed watching him over the years. He is still very mobile and has a great football IQ. Would kill it here with the time and space in our amateur league, and hopefully a quick Panamanian front man banging them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Interesting signing. Enjoyed watching him for Norwich, hopefully still a fit little dynamo.
    Just love the fact we have another left footer, a team can never have too many lefties

Daniel Garb was saying he would be a very good signing but also said he'll need 2 DM behind him, which may sound like him being our attacking mid and dimi back to the wing. Dont know how dimi would feel about that and he also prefers being central. Thoughts?

I was hoping he'd play left mid and we'd have 1 DM, however doesnt sound like he's one to do too much defensive work.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Daniel Garb was saying he would be a very good signing but also said he'll need 2 DM behind him, which may sound like him being our attacking mid and dimi back to the wing. Dont know how dimi would feel about that and he also prefers being central. Thoughts?

I was hoping he'd play left mid and we'd have 1 DM, however doesnt sound like he's one to do too much defensive work.

Wessi on the left. Dimi in behind, Arroyo (i.e Areola.. i.e Nipples from now on) up top and Fitzgerald on the right.

Joey will have to fight for a spot if his Karaoke career doesn't kick on.

**I don't rate Dimi as a 10, just showing how we will probably line up**
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Wessi on the left. Dimi in behind, Arroyo (i.e Areola.. i.e Nipples from now on) up top and Fitzgerald on the right.

Joey will have to fight for a spot if his Karaoke career doesn't kick on.

**I don't rate Dimi as a 10, just showing how we will probably line up**
    Yeah we need more creativity in midfield in order for our attack to get service. If we only got dimi #10, stop him and we aint gonna score goals. Kanta and Uga are gonna provide nothing forward.

Article in The Herald from Gardiner confirms the clubs are in talks with Wessi.

It also stated the club is only planning to use 20/23 full contracted squad spots available, and only 3/9 scholarship contracted squad spots available. Heading into the season with 23/32 possible players sounds very risky to me.

If Nabbout's agent was telling the truth that we only had 250k to throw at the remaining 4 squad spots possible, you'd think we've just thrown caution to the wind and offered it all to Wes here.

Honestly I'm going to be really annoyed if/when Lawrie & Ernie whinge about an injury or two hurting us this year. Our squad is IMO too thin to be heading into a season with.
    OK