Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Berisha now a free agent. Anyone keen?😂

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Berisha now a free agent. Anyone keen?��
    He's played a total of 285 mins of football since he left Victory for just one goal.

I know it's a tougher league but he's going to struggle to get a good deal anywhere based on that form.

I wouldn't take the risk on him - especially for the sort of coin he'd be chasing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's played a total of 285 mins of football since he left Victory for just one goal.

I know it's a tougher league but he's going to struggle to get a good deal anywhere based on that form.

I wouldn't take the risk on him - especially for the sort of coin he'd be chasing.
    It is the HAL

Berisha would still be a good player in it for the next 5 years FFS

Would sign him in a heartbeat I would

Not gonna effect us anyway. We got no money anyway

Probs could do worse for a season.
    He had a knack of scoring and being a C...
    IMO a starting team Consisting of boogs, NTS, Ugar, Hoolahan, Petratos, Berisha and our other dude looks like a pretty formidable spine.........2 years ago when in form.

Anyone watch the game against Hamilton last night? If so how did we set up with Hoolahan and Dimi

NBN had a story on tonight's news but no sign of it on the website, shame as they had footage of both goals
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Fitzgerald must be sitting at home thinking how good is this Newcastle club. With all these departures he may have just found himself a club ( after a so many attempts ) after all where he " could " be a starter. Bloke should be eternally grateful for the Jets and the HAL.
    Bloody hell mate, did the bloke root your mrs or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    Bloody hell mate, did the bloke root your mrs or something?
    Don't know i can ask her i guess. Very average footballer who should be back in a NPL. If he was even a smidgen above mediocrity he would be ( correct me if i am wrong ) not on his 6th opportunity from 5 different clubs. I would rather see more Millars , Murrays and co given there chance than Fitzgerald.

I went to the game last Thursday night and felt comfortable with my assessment that he has very limited ability, Clearly an assessment shared by no less than half of the clubs in the A League.

Nothing personal but bloke has had enough chances.

Looked decent tonight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Looked decent tonight though.
    Yep sure did. But therein lay the issue, Bloke is only good for half a dozen above par efforts every 12 months and he just used up one of those. 5 left.

Ray Gatt just wrote on twitter that Hoolihan has just signed with Sydney FC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Don't know i can ask her i guess. Very average footballer who should be back in a NPL. If he was even a smidgen above mediocrity he would be ( correct me if i am wrong ) not on his 6th opportunity from 5 different clubs. I would rather see more Millars , Murrays and co given there chance than Fitzgerald.

I went to the game last Thursday night and felt comfortable with my assessment that he has very limited ability, Clearly an assessment shared by no less than half of the clubs in the A League.

Nothing personal but bloke has had enough chances.
    Fair enough if youÂ’re judging him on what youÂ’ve seen playing for us but imo itÂ’s irrelevant what heÂ’s done at other clubs. There could be various reasons why a player has or hasnÂ’t succeeded. Any player should start from scratch imo.

You could easily argue while heÂ’s gone through a few clubs, heÂ’s also won a few comps (I think) & been signed by some decent coaches along the way. So you can probably swing it both ways.

Thank **** he played well tonight, made writing this easier for me lol

Fitzy has won 2 premierships and one FA cup with 3 different clubs. If he is as poor a player as some on here are suggesting then he is one lucky bastard and knows how to be at the right place at the right time. For that luck alone he is worth having at the club. I sense silverware coming our way.

He has been signed by some impressive coaches, Laurie McKinna, Ange Postecoglou, Graham Arnold and Josep Gombau. Only leaving those clubs after those coaches have moved on. And now Ernie obviously sees some potential in him.

IÂ’m thinking that his knockers on here probably are better at spotting potential than those coaches, however IÂ’m still going to give him a chance and cheer him on while ever he is wearing our jersey.
    Last edited by Bennyandthe; 24-08-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Reality check. Bloke did have a good game the other night no doubt about it and received plenty of plaudits. But lets not cherry pick here and gloss over the fact not one of those plaudits came without a footnote making reference to his inability to be consistent hence the multiple clubs and more game days in the stand or starting on the bench than in the starting 11.

And BTW welcome to the forum Nick

And two of those coaches you mentioned coached the Gypos so there opinion counts for squat on this forum. They are gypo lovers and can go take a hike to put it nicely.
    Last edited by 380; 24-08-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennyandthe View Post
    FitzGerald has won 2 premierships and one FA cup with 3 different clubs. If he is as poor a player as some on here are suggesting then he is one lucky bastard and knows how to be at the right place at the right time. For that luck alone he is worth having at the club. I sense silverware coming our way.

He has been signed by some impressive coaches, Laurie McKinna, Ange Postecoglou, Graham Arnold and Josep Gombau. Only leaving those clubs after those coaches have moved on. And now Ernie obviously sees some potential in him.

IÂ’m thinking that his knockers on here probably are better at spotting potential than those coaches, however IÂ’m still going to give him a chance and cheer him on while ever he is wearing our jersey.

the **** out of here buddy.
    2 worst coaches in A-League history. never won anything, plus they are gypos.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

in Fitzy's defence, Nabs was an inconsistent f*ck who hadn't lived up to his potential before he came here too (and he owes Ernie a bit more respect than that clusterf*ck of an excuse he gave for heading straight to the Tard$$$), Fitzy's destiny is at his own feet - whether Fitzy steps up and shows his best or not, I'm definitely not going to jump on the 'he's sh*t' bandwagon just yet unless he doesn't step up and take a few gypos out Kitto style during the season... (same goes for Millar - that ball to tee up McBreen should be punishable by firing squad...)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Are people on here trying to justify Fitzgerald as an actual footballer or something? (hint: he's more likely just someone who shows up to our training sessions in boots and gets picked to fill in once in a while)

And better still, are people getting excited by how much he didn't suck against Edgeworth??? This year is going to be hilarious if that's the level we have set the bar at. (Well you guys have set it, my target is to watch McKinna cry in front of the cameras after packing his bags/potato sack and driving his caravan back down the F3. More than happy to lose every game to make sure this happens)

Nick has never been good enough for any club to want him to hang around bar the Gypos. No wonder some on this forum love him. The place reeks of food stamps, durries and lynx body spray. Just waiting for sauce bottles to show up to really rub it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Are people on here trying to justify Fitzgerald as an actual footballer or something? (hint: he's more likely just someone who shows up to our training sessions in boots and gets picked to fill in once in a while)

And better still, are people getting excited by how much he didn't suck against Edgeworth??? This year is going to be hilarious if that's the level we have set the bar at. (Well you guys have set it, my target is to watch McKinna cry in front of the cameras after packing his bags/potato sack and driving his caravan back down the F3. More than happy to lose every game to make sure this happens)

Nick has never been good enough for any club to want him to hang around bar the Gypos. No wonder some on this forum love him. The place reeks of food stamps, durries and lynx body spray. Just waiting for sauce bottles to show up to really rub it in.
    With so many truth bombs in this post you are now officially my new hero. Well in Sir well in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

As much as i didn't want to, **** i laughed at this.

Just judge the bloke/any player on what he does for our club, not what he has or hasn't done in the past. The guy seems to be getting lined up as the scapegoat for the season already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetkel View Post
    As much as i didn't want to, **** i laughed at this.

Just judge the bloke/any player on what he does for our club, not what he has or hasn't done in the past. The guy seems to be getting lined up as the scapegoat for the season already.
    It's posts like this that confirm for me that caravan parks should not have internet access.