Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 715

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

  1. #521
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,780
    depth?

    y'all out ehre acting like Kanta and the Hoff arent in our squad.



    gonna rain ****ing 1 yard bangers all season. get yer beer showers ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  2. #522
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,831
    We have two first choice strikers competing against each other at training each week to choose from do we Stanny ?.

    If you can't go over the other clubs in the league and see that there options are way superior to ours i can't help you.

    I like your optimism but that shouldn't get in the way of calling a spade a spade, our depth for proven goal scorers is rooted.
    Last edited by 380; 17-09-2019 at 02:29 PM.

  3. #523
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,140
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Is that what we have ?
    Well it doesn't rain that much lately so with water restrictions beer showers is about the best we can expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  4. #524
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    We have two first choice strikers competing against each other at training each week to choose from do we Stanny ?.

    If you can't go over the other clubs in the league and see that there options are way superior to ours i can't help you.

    I like your optimism but that shouldn't get in the way of calling a spade a spade, our depth for proven goal scorers is rooted.
    Arroyo is first choice and Sheps has shown enough to have my faith whenever he plays. Another and then we have some young guys. Seems fine to me

  5. #525
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,831
    See therein lay the problem, one first choice.

  6. #526
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    See therein lay the problem, one first choice.
    So Shep just never plays cause he isn't first choice?

  7. #527
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,780
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    See therein lay the problem, one first choice.
    Can't there, by definition, only be one 'first choice'?

    Dang it's times like these I wish Captain Obvious was still alive.

  8. #528
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,311
    What about Kosta Petratos starting ? Or have the club finally released him?

  9. #529
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What about Kosta Petratos starting ? Or have the club finally released him?
    He's needed to keep Dimi happy

  10. #530
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So Shep just never plays cause he isn't first choice?
    No not all but most clubs would have a better " in case of emergency break glass " option than Shep. You seem ok with the depth we have i am not.

    Nobody can seriously say if Arroyo goes down for any length of time they would be content with Shep leading the line for the duration. Didn't anybody learn the lessons of the first third of last season. .

  11. #531
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,612
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  12. #532
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,612
    NBN last night Red Aids debacle
    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsvadelaide180919.mp4

    NBN tonight, Burns joins squad, no audio
    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsdubbo200919.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  13. #533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    The pitch looks absolute rubbish FFS... and we wonder why our players keep getting injured.
    Returfed 3 years ago...

  14. #534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,158
    Wessi gone till at least new year, apparently.

    https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...xtended-period

  15. #535
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Wessi gone till at least new year, apparently.

    https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...xtended-period
    Season over unless Dimi has the best season he's ever had
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  16. #536
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    4,807
    Injury replacement surely? We have a thin enough squad now...we are only two injuries away from the spoon.

  17. #537
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Injury replacement surely? We have a thin enough squad now...we are only two injuries away from the spoon.
    If you believe the figures Wessi was going to go to Melb City for last season, you can assume he is on a very small wage with us this year. And that would check out given how little funds we had left when Nabbout bypassed us, yet we have still signed Wessi & Burns. I predict even if we wanted an injury replacement for Wessi, the coin available to fund that would not be big enough to get anything remotely decent.
    OK

  18. #538
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by stannycfcjet View Post
    season over unless dimi has the best season he's ever had
    rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  19. #539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If you believe the figures Wessi was going to go to Melb City for last season, you can assume he is on a very small wage with us this year. And that would check out given how little funds we had left when Nabbout bypassed us, yet we have still signed Wessi & Burns. I predict even if we wanted an injury replacement for Wessi, the coin available to fund that would not be big enough to get anything remotely decent.
    Yep wessi is here on the minimum basically, just wanted to play in Australia and have his costs covered.

  20. #540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,742
    According to Merrick we are looking for a wessi replacement. I cannot wait for Lawrie to come out tomorrow in the media and say something completely different followed by Lord Griff talking to another media source with a different story again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •