Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't need to see my team win every week - I just want to be entertained and in that department I think the team is doing just that.
    Yep they are delivering very entertaining football, i really am enjoying watching them play.

Fan expectations here are simply ridiculous.
    My expectations are not ridiculous. To be completely honest, they are playing at a quality well beyond my expectations this year. That, however, doesn't mean they aren't scoring as much as they could be. I do not expect them to score every chance they get but watching the weekend and seeing them only score once was difficult.

But there is the defence to look at too. To dominate a game that much and still concede two goals?
    If you dominate like they did, a clean sheet should be as expected as more goals.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Yep they are delivering very entertaining football, i really am enjoying watching them play.

My expectations are not ridiculous. To be completely honest, they are playing at a quality well beyond my expectations this year. That, however, doesn't mean they aren't scoring as much as they could be. I do not expect them to score every chance they get but watching the weekend and seeing them only score once was difficult.

But there is the defence to look at too. To dominate a game that much and still concede two goals?
    If you dominate like they did, a clean sheet should be as expected as more goals.
    I think the heat had more to do with the goal we conceded late than anything else. Players were tiring on both sides [Them more than us] and Troisi did what people on his salary should do by beating a tiring defender who's had limited recent game time due to injury.

The Johnny K defensive laps was just a kid getting himself tangled up playing where he's not comfortable.

Agree about us conceding though - I'd maybe chance using Hoff at the back - but Ernie knows better so it's probably not the solution - especially if we are looking for goals - and Hoff can score at times.

On another day we could have scored 5 goals and put the game beyond doubt before the 70 min mark.

In the past we have played poorly and managed to grab a winning goal. That's football.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 10-12-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Ernie said we could afford around $3.50 or less - to a Scotsman that's probably a lot of money.

Thomas James is nowhere near as good as Joey C - He's more than likely not as good as Kosta Petratos.
    I mean he's on the same managers books as Brandon Lundy and Joey Gibbs ffs - they hardly set the league alight.

You need only look at all the other NPL to A-league failures to realise it's a high risk bet with pretty much zero chance of paying off.

We should be patient - the current squad have enough depth for us to bypass throwing money at NPL players - unless they are exceptional - not merely doing well in an inferior league.
    Pretty blinkered take on things there D. You use words like " likely " and just because they are on the same books as other players makes them comparable some how. Of course it is a high risk bet to take on a NPL player but isn't that what the league is for, An opportunity to promote outstanding form in a lower league ?. You make mention of Lundy and Gibbs and i agree completely as not good enough at this level but here is the kicker, they did get that opportunity.

I got no problem calling out a player for being not good enough at this level , But that is only after they have been given that chance.

If the A League can't be an opportunity for players like him to be promoted to then just who is it for ?.

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/npl-tra...nterest-524723

You mention inferior comp, Aren't they all ,After all there is only one A League however leading the line for this club in this achiev no small feat. I bet there are plenty of 9's running around Y League who would have not minded being in his shoes this past 12-18 months

https://mens.nplnsw.com.au/2019/10/0...-of-australia/

Apparently you must be born in to the A League not promoted to it eh.
    Last edited by 380; 10-12-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Read PV4's post above.
    Ahhh

If we're saving funds for Joey. I'd argue we spend those on someone quality now. He chose to left us and no guarantee he returns and we need a goal scorers now

Also the on another day excuse is something we used last season and that another day never came

Tomi Juric?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Tomi Juric?
    Couldn't afford him even with Joeys funds I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If we're saving funds for Joey. I'd argue we spend those on someone quality now. He chose to left us and no guarantee he returns and we need a goal scorers now
    You know when you wanted something when you were 7 years old and your parents said "we'll see" and never delivered.

Same situation here with Joey C and bringing in anyone else.

Martin Lee has no intention of spending that money unless Joey C comes back - and I reckon he's banking on him not returning so he doesn't have to spend the money.

Tomi Juric?
    What happened to the contract he signed with CSKA Sofia 3 months ago ?

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/si...nts-cska-sofia

Banned
    Tomi Juric?
    Tomi the donkey Juric Hoff and Fitzuseless up front

That is the funniest idea ever

Bring on the lulz

Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    Wonder how many royboy would of banged in by now if Lord gypo knew what he was doing 🤔
    Tipped Roy to get at least 15 this season.

NBN tonight, Ernie plays down bringing anyone in:

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsernie111219.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

These last couple of days re replacement player and how the management at this club have played this out in the media is nothing short of comedy capers.

Our Gypo CEO comes out firstly saying they will look at a replacement using the funds that were there for Joey. If i recall correctly he said we will present a list to Ernie and also went on to say none will be household names.

We then get the very same Gypo CEO talking about not bringing anybody in because they may not be any better than what we have and also saying the other will be well down the track to a return.

Clearly Marty got into the Gypo CEO's ear between those statements and told him he was not spending the cash that the Gypo CEO was referencing.

Talk about bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    These last couple of days re replacement player and how the management at this club have played this out in the media is nothing short of comedy capers.

Our Gypo CEO comes out firstly saying they will look at a replacement using the funds that were there for Joey. If i recall correctly he said we will present a list to Ernie and also went on to say none will be household names.

We then get the very same Gypo CEO talking about not bringing anybody in because they may not be any better than what we have and also saying the other will be well down the track to a return.

Clearly Marty got into the Gypo CEO's ear between those statements and told him he was not spending the cash that the Gypo CEO was referencing.

Talk about bizarre
    Pretty sure he never said we would be spending the Joey funds on anything besides Joey

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Pretty sure he never said we would be spending the Joey funds on anything besides Joey
    So how would you interpret this ?.

" McKinna said the Jets have funds, which had been set aside for a possible return by Joey Champness, and would look at all options in January.
    "It is about getting somebody who can come in and be up to the level," McKinna said.
    "Maybe, we will look at a loan player - a young player from another club. We will look at that and present who is available to Ernie. There will be a few but they won't be household names. They will be fringe players but they have to be better than we have available in the youth team."

FYI i borrowed the quote from a page or two back of this very thread.

Talk about bizarre
    Almost like the left hand isn't talking to the right....
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    So how would you interpret this ?.

" McKinna said the Jets have funds, which had been set aside for a possible return by Joey Champness, and would look at all options in January.
    "It is about getting somebody who can come in and be up to the level," McKinna said.
    "Maybe, we will look at a loan player - a young player from another club. We will look at that and present who is available to Ernie. There will be a few but they won't be household names. They will be fringe players but they have to be better than we have available in the youth team."

FYI i borrowed the quote from a page or two back of this very thread.
    I would interpret it as the Gypo is full of shit

What else could it be??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Tomi the donkey Juric Hoff and Fitzuseless up front

That is the funniest idea ever

Bring on the lulz
    So who are your saviours?

We're apparently looking into signing Ryan Strain