Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How the **** do you injure yourself kicking a ball FFS

Defies belief
    I assume the fibers in the muscle give way and cause a tear that varys from minor to significant during the motion of kicking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I assume the fibers in the muscle give way and cause a tear that varys from minor to significant during the motion of kicking.
    You forgot to use your multi JP

Fabianski did almost the same thing on Saturday, except it was his hip.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Ridenton has been given a weeks leave to pursue an opportunity overseas..
    Probably one of Jowic's backup dancers..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    To the championship. His managers have done well.

Ridenton has been given a weeks leave to pursue an opportunity overseas.
    If I were Mr Martin Lee — and I may be — I would approve this as good business.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Wessi will miss two more games
    Do you mean once he's back in 6-8 weeks he'll be injured for 2 more weeks?

Cause he looks like he is on non-weight bearing training still. So maybe 2 weeks till he's back on the grass jogging. Then 4-6 weeks to get some fitness and strength back into that leg.

I'll still be very shocked, given his age and severity of injury, if we see him play 90 mins this season. I'll be very happy if we do, but I'm not confident.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Hope Ridenton has a one way ticket...
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

They say a week is a long time in football, Lets hope it is the longest week of football ever.

Bloke is physically one of the biggest pussy cats in the A League with the ball, He will probably come back broken into two pieces.
    Last edited by 380; 13-01-2020 at 05:53 PM.

I can't see him getting a contract in the championship given he isn't a guaranteed starter at the Jets. Came to the club with Merrick, now he is gone so appears to be Ridentons chances of regular football.

Furthermore why would we let him go on trial? The championship club either buys him or not I would think. Just another player missing when he should be training hard to win a spot for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I can't see him getting a contract in the championship given he isn't a guaranteed starter at the Jets. Came to the club with Merrick, now he is gone so appears to be Ridentons chances of regular football.

Furthermore why would we let him go on trial? The championship club either buys him or not I would think. Just another player missing when he should be training hard to win a spot for the weekend.
    This isn't FIFA, this is the real world.

Our club wants to move on a visa spot. Tell players agent to go looking for deal. Club in championship sees marketing opportunities within NZ for player on low wages. Haven't seen him play much tho.

Give him 2 day trial (2 day flight recovery either side) with club to see where he sits amongst current group. If he isn't out of place, make offer to players agent for wages. If not, either request footage of player throughout rest of season or thank him and move on.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Also, yay.. our already wafer thin midfield is now thinner. ..what's the record for the earliest someone has won the wooden spoon during a season Jeterpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also, yay.. our already wafer thin midfield is now thinner. ..what's the record for the earliest someone has won the wooden spoon during a season Jeterpool?
    Ugar Kanta Thurgate Simmons Johnny K and Patty L. That's not a thin midfield in terms of numbers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Ugar Kanta Thurgate Simmons Johnny K and Patty L. That's not a thin midfield in terms of numbers
    Pretty thin in ACTUAL quality though

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Pretty thin in ACTUAL quality though
    Ridenton adds little in quality though
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Thurgate isn't a CM, he'll be in one of the forward 4 positions from now on. Who the hell is Jack Simmons?? (I know who he is, but the kid is about 17/18 years old. He's about 2 seasons away from playing a key role in the HAL at CM)

So semi-fit Kanta, Sydney/City/Barca bound Ugabooga, Johnny K who is still needed at LB until we sign one, and Langlois who is meant to be a CB if I'm not mistaken.

Dats pretty thin if you ask me. Which I did...

Thurgate isn't a CM, he'll be in one of the forward 4 positions from now on. Who the hell is Jack Simmons?? (I know who he is, but the kid is about 17/18 years old. He's about 2 seasons away from playing a key role in the HAL at CM)

So semi-fit Kanta, Sydney/City/Barca bound Ugabooga, Johnny K who is still needed at LB until we sign one, and Langlois who is meant to be a CB if I'm not mistaken.

Naturally he is an 8 The coaches have always said this
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Langlois is a natural midfielder

love at first sight

If Simmons is good enough, it doesn't matter if he is 17. If he isn't good enough, he will fit in well in 3-4 years time and hang around for 3-4 years too long before we bin him. Just play him. Let him make mistakes. Let him learn at the level he needs to learn.

Naturally he is an 8 The coaches have always said this
    He's never looked like an 8 whilst on the pitch. He only plays what's in front of him and loves to receive the ball facing his own goal. He's a 9/10 hybrid, and could be shunted out wide to do a job. Would need to change a hell of a lot of his game to play as an 8.

We have 1 fit No 8 if Ridenton leaves as well as 1 semi fit No 6 and 2 mediocre backups.

That's wafer thin considering CM is the most important part of any gameplan.