Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

We will regret this - he'll get 15+ wherever he is next season.

Our top striker won't get double figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

You are correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

probably, but what can we do if we can't match the cash because the owner has slashed the budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Let him go FFS, he is to one dimensional, what is Tomi Juric up to?
    Probably not much at all just like his efforts as a striker.The likes of Juric, Blackwood , Eli Babalj and Bulut, Its got me f^&*ed how the hell these guys ever got the opportunity to make a living from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    probably, but what can we do if we can't match the cash because the owner has slashed the budget?
    It'd be no surprise Roy is in demand. The league isn't exactly flushed with strikers who are available at the moment and there are quite a few teams who need one!

He's tested the market and I reckon he's got a better offer and has decided to leave more-so than the Jets withdrawing the offer. I bet he's announced by the Roar today.

Not a great look by the club with the statement. Wish him all the best but don't act petty by saying "he missed 12 games suspended" ahead of not even mentioning the goal record he had here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Unconfirmed reports that we offered good cash but only one year. He wanted two, we said nah and withdrew.

Can anyone do really good Simpsons-style caricatures?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Maki Petratos, You heard it here first
    Worth a shout, hes been a class above in NPL this season.

Not sure I understand all the weeping over Roy leaving? He was a good servant to the club but regardless of goals scored this year I don't think he is the same player we had at the start of the 17/18 Season. He's slowed down and and misses a butt load of easy chances that he should be burying. It wasn't too long ago he was being lambasted everywhere for 2 penalty misses in a row potentially costing us our season!

I'd personally love to see Sheppard given a chance to lead the line and potentially players like Maki or Kosta Petratos given a chance with some game time.

funnily enough i was talking to a bloke who is good at watching football and he saw this Maki kid for the first time a few weeks back and was very very impressed.
    first thing i thought of was Kale 2.0 lets hope he gets a fair crack at making the squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Can I make a joke about Chinese Austerity measures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Unconfirmed reports that we offered good cash but only one year. He wanted two, we said nah and withdrew.
    and this is the only thing that bothers me about these contract negotiations.
    if we cant agree to terms, then fine. its a business. Roy owes us nothing, we owe him nothing.
    but its the posturing from the same gigantic walking ego running the joint that he couldnt wait to "PULL THE OFFER LIKE A BIG GROWN UP BOY" and let Roy know who is in charge 'round these parts.
    the endless sight of his gigantic head filling the tv screen, the newspaper interviews telling us that HE SAT DOWN ON THE BIG PLANE AND WENT ALL THE WAY TO CHINA to see the boss, and the crap on the microphone at games.

hey gypo, i cheer for laundry, not players, not admin staff and not owners.

**** you all.
    sign some players, shut up about it and get out of my way so we can watch the football.

thank you Roy.
    next please.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Martin Lee goes from multi billionaire to a bit less of a multi billionaire.

gypo: "player budgets must be slashed, staff must be sacked, Trump did this, oh the humanity, we all must change and adapt to the new normal"

Man with limited career tries to maximise his earning potential.

gypo:
    “It was disappointing from as the club has stood by and supported him through some difficult circumstances.”
    wanker.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

gypo: "player budgets must be slashed, staff must be sacked, Trump did this, oh the humanity, we all must change and adapt to the new normal"

gypo:

wanker.
    I can honestly see Roy walking into Lawrie's office and saying "thanks for the offer, I've enjoyed my time here and what the club did for me, but I just got a 2 year offer from CCM/WSW/Roar/Adelaide and for the sake of my family, at 34, I need to take this. I hope you understand".

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

gypo:

wanker.

Surely no one on here actually likes McKinna do they??? I know we are all stupid for continuing to follow this shit show but no one is dumb enough to think he is doing a decent job!

No other club would let him be a member let alone run the place.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I can honestly see Roy walking into Lawrie's office and saying "thanks for the offer, I've enjoyed my time here and what the club did for me, but I just got a 2 year offer from CCM/WSW/Roar/Adelaide and for the sake of my family, at 34, I need to take this. I hope you understand".
    I go to sleep at night dreaming that Roy walked in and gave the gypo double middle fingers and told him to go **** himself.

but you're prob more right. damnit.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Surely no one on here actually likes McKinna do they??? I know we are all stupid for continuing to follow this shit show but no one is dumb enough to think he is doing a decent job!

how dare you!!!!

he did all of the good things that ever happened remember. just ask, he'll tell you.

also, hes never done anything wrong, also just ask him.

theres only one big boy qualified enough to go all the way to china to talk to the boss.
    who else out there can make the Jets brand a good brand that the other brands will let hang out with them?
    who?

ANSWER ME DAMNIT!!!!!!
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

To each their own, I believe he has been good for the club. he's been behind some good initiatives at grassroots level and has tried to make the club and players as accessible as possible. He's great with the media and a likable person.
    At least since he came on board there is a ray of hope. I think everyone forgets just how woeful we were as an entity only 3-4 seasons ago. But football fans have short memories.......

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjet View Post
    red bull newcastle anyone?
    **** no!!!!!!!!! Scheisss redbull..... Alle bullen sind schweine
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    To each their own, I believe he has been good for the club. he's been behind some good initiatives at grassroots level and has tried to make the club and players as accessible as possible. He's great with the media and a likable person.
    At least since he came on board there is a ray of hope. I think everyone forgets just how woeful we were as an entity only 3-4 seasons ago. But football fans have short memories.......

Really? Ray of hope? Where is he hiding it?

I counter argue that absolutely nothing has changed at all from 5/6 years ago. The club still has no identify, we have no plans, we have no stability, we don't have prospects to improve greatly in the near future. We pick up whatever is available and just hope it works. Ernie included especially. Our search criteria was "available" and "not expensive".

Also, he is not a likeable person at all. He is a politician, he lies straight to your face and walks away whenever questioned. He is lip service and nothing more.