Page 6 of 100 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

The Herald article 4-5 weeks ago indicated that the 1 year was a sticking point. Was probably along the lines of " if you can get two elsewhere come back to us".

Where is Griff involved in these shenanigans?

Lawrie McKinna is on a hiding to nothing with some people here.
    The same people that wanted to get rid of Roy are now critical of the club for not offering him a better deal.
    If we do manage to sign Roy people will be saying oh no he's too old, he gets suspended too often.

Embrace the shit show or find another club.

I think he's our best option and not signing him will be a massive mistake - he seems sound enough for a two year deal as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The same people that wanted to get rid of Roy are now critical of the club for not offering him a better deal.
    If we do manage to sign Roy people will be saying oh no he's too old, he gets suspended too often.

Embrace the shit show or find another club.

I think he's our best option and not signing him will be a massive mistake - he seems sound enough for a two year deal as well.
    Both are Gypos. Their abilities don't matter. (But McKinna is also a wank.)

Millar can already go back to his parents caravan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    To each their own, I believe he has been good for the club. he's been behind some good initiatives at grassroots level and has tried to make the club and players as accessible as possible. He's great with the media and a likable person.
    At least since he came on board there is a ray of hope. I think everyone forgets just how woeful we were as an entity only 3-4 seasons ago. But football fans have short memories.......
    yeah look we are garbage again, after finding lightning in a bottle last year and selling key parts of it before the finals.
    more accessible? our players have generally been ok the whole time, but i dont think any of it is because of the CEO. 2 min after the final whistle in the last home game of the year 1/2 the team went to the sheds. a few legends like Dimi, Georgevski (in a suit), Thurgate, Joey hung around to talk to the fans/kiddies. No sign of our captain, no sign of our CEO.
    He is untrustworthy, and cant lie straight in bed. He's 'well liked' because he has good relationships with the media (see also: Nelmes. Nuatail,). They tell HIS stories, HIS way. You only have to go back to the kit release fiasco last year to see how he handles a meaningless 'crisis'.
    One Jet for the flyby. FFS.
    Hes a Gypo.

There is no hope, there never really was.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    im more than happy to thank the gypo for his service and wish him well in his next endeavour, as long as its back down the freeway with the rest of the filthy gypos.

and yes id be lying, but **** it, as long as he goes.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I go to sleep at night dreaming that Roy walked in and gave the gypo double middle fingers and told him to go **** himself.

but you're prob more right. damnit.
    Probably not. I can also see the exact opposite happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    and this is the only thing that bothers me about these contract negotiations.
    if we cant agree to terms, then fine. its a business. Roy owes us nothing, we owe him nothing.
    but its the posturing from the same gigantic walking ego running the joint that he couldnt wait to "PULL THE OFFER LIKE A BIG GROWN UP BOY" and let Roy know who is in charge 'round these parts.
    the endless sight of his gigantic head filling the tv screen, the newspaper interviews telling us that HE SAT DOWN ON THE BIG PLANE AND WENT ALL THE WAY TO CHINA to see the boss, and the crap on the microphone at games.

hey gypo, i cheer for laundry, not players, not admin staff and not owners.

**** you all.
    sign some players, shut up about it and get out of my way so we can watch the football.

thank you Roy.
    next please.
    FFS

I will state clearly I don't think we should have offered him.a deal period as I believe we need better and can find better options etc

But I see why these useless ****s want to resign him with his 11 goals in 18 games this year etc
    Yeah he got some in and I can see why they would take the easy approach etc

But we are quick to slag these dumb ****s giving the likes of Topor a 2 year deal at 35
    Giving Boogaard a contract extension before a game has even been played etc

These are what you call short sighted decisions
    We could err on the side of caution but no we lock in aging players early

In this instance we have done the right thing
    1 year deal for a bloke his age and with his discipline record is fair enough

The dumb decision here is Brisbane

In the past they have had Berisha Maclaren and Taggz up front
    Young and in their prime

Now they signing a bloke with a lot of baggage long term in his later years

That is the type of dumb shit we do

Praise Griff for this

Maybe Griff is in part to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Surely this is worthy of a ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    get out.
    Seems like I am WRONG

FFS

why do you do that thing where you quote a post, give it a little huff, then proceed to write down your counter argument even though you werent writing anything even remotely related to what i was saying?

im beginning to think you are actually legally blind and just rub you hand on the screen until you feel a post you can argue about. then you bash your face against the keys until your Stephen Hawking decoder congratulates you on making up some real live grown up words.

its art.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    why do you do that thing where you quote a post, give it a little huff, then proceed to write down your counter argument even though you werent writing anything even remotely related to what i was saying?

im beginning to think you are actually legally blind and just rub you hand on the screen until you feel a post you can argue about. then you bash your face against the keys until your Stephen Hawking decoder congratulates you on making up some real live grown up words.

its art.
    Because in this instance the Gypo for pulling the rug from under Roy needs to be congratulated

Me though I just can't bring myself to praise him and rightfully so

So now I am hoping soneone else does

what really worries me is we won't get a better option, there'll be nothing out there so we'll panic and offer Riera or Bonevacia overs to come to our shit fest, and they'll be even shittier than Jardel, be lucky to score three goals all season, and we'll secure another spoon - hope Martin realises nobody will want to buy us, he may as well hand the licence back to FFA now...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

NBN on Roy cut loose - including comical comments about how we have big $$$ to replace him in our ever shrinking budget:

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/roygone060519.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    NBN on Roy cut loose - including comical comments about how we have big $$$ to replace him in our ever shrinking budget:

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/roygone060519.mp4
    ok, so if you think im being unreasonable on the gypo ceo, just watch this.
    he starts off (on camera naturally) telling everyone how the club didnt think he was worth more than a 1 year deal but then Roys peeps came back and before he could finish the sentence had to interrupt himself to throw in that "we withdrew the offer".

again, just reminding everyone watching that he wears the big boy pants. ****ing laughable.

he then goes on about all these dope players that we get offered, and that getting a replacement aint no thang..........but then transitioning into saying we'll be filling the squad with locals (the Tomi Juric sweepstakes is still live lads caaarrrnnn).

but then the kicker......

he then tells a cracker of a story about how 'joel' was in negotiations to sign Ikonomidis when he first thought of coming back, and we were SOOOOOOOOOOOO close to signing him.........but that 'JOEL' didnt get the deal done.

not the club, not the front office, not the recruitment team........but JOEL was the one who couldnt get it done.

now humour me for a minute.

if Ikonomidis had indeed signed, who do you think would have been front and centre at the press conference, doing the interviews, and telling everyone how awesome he is. yep, the gypo himself.

so in summary:
    all the good things that happen at the Jets = gypo does them.
    all the bad things that happen at the Jets = someone else not named the gypo ceo does them.

what a complete clown.
    Seems like I am WRONG

500k left of the cap apparently. Probably end up with chianese and 1 or 2 cheap foreigners. I wouldn't mind an African for a change

so in summary:
    all the good things that happen at the Jets = gypo does them.
    all the bad things that happen at the Jets = someone else not named the gypo ceo does them.
    ops:
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    500k left of the cap apparently. Probably end up with chianese and 1 or 2 cheap foreigners. I wouldn't mind an African for a change
    Losing Georgie, Roy, Jair, Cowburn, Kwabs & Adelson from the cap would be far more value than 500k spare. Georgie and Roy alone would have cost us more than that value - by Lawrie's own words, Roy was on "near-marquee wages" and the reports say we even offered him more than he was currently on for next year.

To replace a starting wide back, starting striker, and an attempt at a starting winger/striker.. and then 3 squad players.. and note we have 4x visa spots available.. we're going to need more than 500k. What is minimum salary, 60k? The three squad players take up at least 180k of that 500. So we have 320k for a starting striker, starting wide back, and fringe winger/striker. That is 107k per starting player on average available. It is not enough.

EDIT: I have just remembered Millar is already signed. He would be Georgie's replacement. So we have 320k spare for a starting striker and fringe winger/striker, which is 160k each. It is still not enough.
    Last edited by pv4; 07-05-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Losing Georgie, Roy, Jair, Cowburn, Kwabs & Adelson from the cap would be far more value than 500k spare. Georgie and Roy alone would have cost us more than that value - by Lawrie's own words, Roy was on "near-marquee wages" and the reports say we even offered him more than he was currently on for next year.

To replace a starting wide back, starting striker, and an attempt at a starting winger/striker.. and then 3 squad players.. and note we have 4x visa spots available.. we're going to need more than 500k. What is minimum salary, 60k? The three squad players take up at least 180k of that 500. So we have 320k for a starting striker, starting wide back, and fringe winger/striker. That is 107k per starting player on average available. It is not enough.

EDIT: I have just remembered Millar is already signed. He would be Georgie's replacement. So we have 320k spare for a starting striker and fringe winger/striker, which is 160k each. It is still not enough.
    According to the article the 500K doesn't include Miller or the promotion of langlois.

And yes I agree 500K isn't enough