Page 72 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

We should just get Lawrie into the Football Manager thread to recruit the next coach.

Get FM to sponsor the ensuing docu-series All or Nothing:Newcastle Jets and the sequel Nothing: Newcastle Jets. Extra money will let us survive another 6 months.

FFS, it's like nobody is even trying to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    We should just get Lawrie into the Football Manager thread to recruit the next coach.

Get FM to sponsor the ensuing docu-series All or Nothing:Newcastle Jets and the sequel Nothing: Newcastle Jets. Extra money will let us survive another 6 months.

FFS, it's like nobody is even trying to fix this.
    I don't want the job though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I thought I was being subtle.
    Think big picture.
    "It is with great regret that both the Newcastle Jets and Newcastle Knights have folded. But with great pleasure, we announce the demolition and redevelopment of Turton Road Precinct to include the world biggest and best Disc Golf Course" - Grimario, July 2021

We could do a job share haha

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We could do a job share haha
    I already work for one of the sponsors, so it might be a COI.

If Ibini goes off with Carl I'm gunna go apesh|t.

These Jets flying around the city today.
    Feels like an omen....

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    If Ibini goes off with Carl I'm gunna go apesh|t.
    Ibini potentially leaving opens up so many great opportunities to use all that cash on. I honestly welcome it happening. We can invest in far more efficient players that will last more than 60minutes.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Ibini potentially leaving opens up so many great opportunities to use all that cash on. I honestly welcome it happening. We can invest in far more efficient players that will last more than 60minutes.
    Yeah let's get rid of our best forward after losing our coach. We will definitely stay competitive

Yeah let's get rid of our best forward after losing our coach. We will definitely stay competitive
    Jeez Stanny. I thought I was the most negative bugger in this place... Even I can't lower the bar to that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Jeez Stanny. I thought I was the most negative bugger in this place... Even I can't lower the bar to that level.
    Not sure if your agreeing with me on Ibini being a key player for us or not?

Bernie in a Beanie would have been on to his people to speak to our people ( whats left of them ) 5 mins after Carl made his decision.

IMO Bernie won't be here Rd 1

Not sure if your agreeing with me on Ibini being a key player for us or not?
    That solitary goal he scored during his 6 game stint definitely shows me he is our best attacking option. Lmao. Even Fitzgerald scored more goals than him during that period I'm pretty sure, and he would struggle to make a decent A league sides bench nowadays.

If Bernie goes there are plenty of other options who could do the same amount of jogging around the park as he does. Hoffman can do what he does but with defensive discipline and a much higher level of stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That solitary goal he scored during his 6 game stint definitely shows me he is our best attacking option. Lmao. Even Fitzgerald scored more goals than him during that period I'm pretty sure, and he would struggle to make a decent A league sides bench nowadays.

If Bernie goes there are plenty of other options who could do the same amount of jogging around the park as he does. Hoffman can do what he does but with defensive discipline and a much higher level of stamina.
    How people can't see how good Bernie is is madness

Bernies decent but not as good as some make out nor anywhere as good as he should be. In saying all that, do I want him gone? No farken way. Will he be gone? Yes farken way.

Lost all respect for Robinson, he said he really enjoyed his time at the club and loved working working with Lawrie and Joel. But he then departs, no class. What sort of msg does that send out?? The going gets tough you bail first. Fine Carl, go. We don't want you.

Too good an offer to turn down.
    Big club like WSW.

Surely taking the piss.
    If we think we are a disgruntled fan base, should hear their supporters. Plastics too.

Would be nice if we hired Popovic.
    Just to see wsw get all excited, try to poach him (and succeed, probably) and sack CR.

Sad Johnny T finally turned on us.

Seen it all over the last 40 or so years.

What I can say with certainty is that if Newcastle can ever get its shit together it could be the third biggest club in Australia, after Smurfs and Victory. Citeh have money and nothing else. WSW only got "big" because of the almost defunct RBB and Covic and Topor winning them an ACL.

If money was no object and we were able to build a team of the quality of Citeh or Smurfs, consistently, there would be 15-20,000 at every game, and (as proven many times over) it would have a whole city behind them, and probably its own stadium.

Few in Sydney or Melbourne (and do overseas visitors) see this and think having clubs in Canberra or Western Melbourne or Sydney will be bigger, but experiments before show this isn't necessarily the case.

Newcastle has survived on almost nothing for 43 years and is still here, somehow. It's because deep down it works.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 16-10-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS