Page 98 of 100 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 1988

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

I wouldn't sign Naj. He's one of those peaked in high school type players.
    He's got no ticker, pulls out of challenges, and does nothing defensively.
    If he was banging in 10 goals a season maybe - but he's not.

Plus we don't have a dm or cm combo that is capable of covering for him when he clocks off defensively

Connor Chapman would be brilliant if we could get him.

He's a very well balanced player both in defence and attack - as well as being fearless.

Can hit a mean free kick as well when given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I wouldn't sign Naj. He's one of those peaked in high school type players.
    He's got no ticker, pulls out of challenges, and does nothing defensively.
    If he was banging in 10 goals a season maybe - but he's not.

Plus we don't have a dm or cm combo that is capable of covering for him when he clocks off defensively
    This sums hims up nicely. If we are to have a season requiring significant improvement Naj is not the answer. This club clearly lacks a De Villa, Ninkovic style player.

It is the one bleeding obvious of this campaign that we have lacked a genuine creative style player to assist with a few meat pies themselves and supply that service suitable to Roy's game.

I am jot sure what is going to happen at the back next season, Both NTS and Boogs would be taking up significant cap space in dollar terms so does the club look to set them free and have Donarchie return and find him a suitable partner at the back that comes cheaper.

Club have just announced on facey that we have signed Jordan O'Doherty from Wanderers..
    Part of the swap deal for Stevie U-G..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Club have just announced on facey that we have signed Jordan O'Doherty from Wanderers..
    Part of the swap deal for Stevie U-G..
    We wanted 3 players in return and got 1. What a bunch of weak pricks we have. Mind you we are run by the owner of WSW so i shouldnt be surprised. They should fold us so we can all get on with our lives
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Think i might make other plans for Saturday now and the remaining home games, As pointed out above in Buddha's post we were at one point holding out for more yet we seem to have gone backwards on this deal for obvious reasons.

Mattiske , Lederer and the rest of them can get the f$%k out of the club. Clearly there is a conflict of interest and you can bet your last two bob Mattiske was appointed knowing full well where his bread is buttered and to not be obstructional on matters like picking the eyes out of the squad to strengthen the owners real commitment club.

Screwed again we have been.

Good luck Mattiske with your membership target of 10k next season. You will be lucky to get a third of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    We wanted 3 players in return and got 1. What a bunch of weak pricks we have. Mind you we are run by the owner of WSW so i shouldnt be surprised. They should fold us so we can all get on with our lives
    There is what 4 games. Stevie was leaving for free in the end of year. So he’s an asset worth zero to us. With bugger all games less they converted a worthless asset into a decent young player moving forward. I think it was good result.
    Just cause we wanted 3 players doesn’t mean we will get it. Stevie ain’t Messi he isn’t worth 3 players in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Huh?
    3 players?
    Ugaboogaman has signed there for next year, we have what, less than 10 games left and hes been injured/underperforming (for his level) for 6 weeks.
    Id say a half decent Odocherty is about as good as anyone could hope for under the circumstances.

You do also realise that we could easily have gotten more players in, you know, the ones we already have on our books that we don't want back here for whatever reason.

Club aint taking on more paychecks in this environment. Deal with what we've got.

I worry if I stop attending games I won't come back

These negotiations have been ongoing for a couple of months now and yet with 4 games to go our pissweak board submit and give him up. Simply rolled over for a half baked injury prone player. Laughable
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    There is what 4 games. Stevie was leaving for free in the end of year. So he’s an asset worth zero to us. With bugger all games less they converted a worthless asset into a decent young player moving forward. I think it was good result.
    Just cause we wanted 3 players doesn’t mean we will get it. Stevie ain’t Messi he isn’t worth 3 players in any way.
    If you read the full Dillon article and take the content of it as true ( yes i acknowledge we are talking about Dillon ) He states

" Pressure was placed on the Jets to expedite his release during the current transfer window."

Who has the power, presence and influence at both clubs to apply that pressure ?.Lederer perhaps ?.

I get the case put forward that Ug is going anyway but this dead set fly's in the face of the no conflict of interest claim these blokes heap on us like we are some sort of stupid.

Is there really a quartet of other clubs owners ?, Does the fourth mystery funder really exist or is it Lederer's money hence a split of 50% Lederer and the other two 25%.

Probs best to give the club a wide berth til we are in the hands of truly impartial and transparent ownership.
    Last edited by 380; 07-05-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    If you read the full Dillon article and take the content of it as true ( yes i acknowledge we are talking about Dillon ) He states

" Pressure was placed on the Jets to expedite his release during the current transfer window."

Who has the power, presence and influence at both clubs to apply that pressure ?.Lederer perhaps ?.

I get the case put forward that Ug is going anyway but this dead set fly's in the face of the no conflict of interest claim these blokes heap on us like we are some sort of stupid.

Is there really a quartet of other clubs owners ?, Does the fourth mystery funder really exist or is it Lederer's money hence a split of 50% Lederer and the other two 25%.

Probs best to give the club a wide berth til we are in the hands of truly impartial and transparent ownership.
    AS bad and painful as it is, If we dont support the club now we are goneski, We are on our last life/legs and dont have much left
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    AS bad and painful as it is, If we dont support the club now we are goneski, We are on our last life/legs and dont have much left
    It won't make any difference Stanny the club is never going to be successful again. We will only be here as long as we can be used to test / trial low budget foreigners, develop kids, and take in injured players or underperforming ones so our owner overlords can optimise their teams rosters.

We will get to keep the shit and have anyone with talent / promises taken away from us.

Koutroumbis would be my guess at the next player our "board" mysteriously decides to part ways with.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-05-2021 at 01:13 PM.

It won't make any difference Stanny the club is never going to be successful again. We will only be here as long as we can be used to test / trial low budget foreigners, develop kids, and take in injured players or underperforming ones so our owner overlords can optimise their teams rosters.

We will get to keep the shit and have anyone with talent / promises taken away from us.

Koutroumbis would be my guess at the next player our "board" mysteriously decides to part ways with.
    Well I need to have faith in something, Iv'e put too much into supporting this club for it to end up as a waste of over 15 years
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Johnny or Thurgate for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Johnny or Thurgate for me.
    You can bet your left one both of them will be in red and black by the back end of next season.

Perhaps the club can place a clothing bin at the main entrance in the event Lederer and John T's under performing coach Carl also requires the shirts off our backs. Mattiske can wash em and hand deliver them to his masters down at WSW HQ.
    Last edited by 380; 07-05-2021 at 04:08 PM.

anyone know the identity of the mystery 4th owner? Just our luck it is the owner of the Gypos...
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    anyone know the identity of the mystery 4th owner? Just our luck it is the owner of the Gypos...
    IMO the fourth is a proxy for Lederer using Lederer coin meaning the split controlling the club is effectively 50% Lederer and the the remaining two parties 25% each.

I don't think for one moment the Stevie deal happens if we were controlled with equal interest by ALL other club owners, Not just a select few with an element of anonymity involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    You can bet your left one both of them will be in red and black by the back end of next season.

Perhaps the club can place a clothing bin at the main entrance in the event Lederer and John T's under performing coach Carl also requires the shirts off our backs. Mattiske can wash em and hand deliver them to his masters down at WSW HQ.
    Makes no sense for Gus to go there and warm the bench

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Makes no sense for Gus to go there and warm the bench
    Warm the bench, You think WSW are going into next season with the same salary cap busting midfield they have now ?.

You don't think Carl also told Bernie that Cox would have head home by now and he would be his first pick 9 every week.
    Last edited by 380; 07-05-2021 at 05:58 PM.