Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Women's World Cup

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also I must have counted at least 5 or 6 nutmegs (flapmegs??) during this game. Wouldn't you think our girls had learnt to close their legs whenever there's a Brazilian involved. There was definitely a few close shaves and smooth touches....

The VAR pen call turned down in the first half.

The ball went out for a goal kick and no pen was given. VAR asked ref to look at screen as there may be a penalty.

Watches it - no pen as there was a handball.

Now....the game should have restarted with a goal kick, but it restarted with a free kick for the handball - this should not have been taken into account and is not meant to be judged by VAR. It was either a penalty or not.

It wasn't and life should have resumed with a goal kick.

With Italy giving Jamaica a 5 nil drubbing will the Matildas need results to go their way to get through to the next round ?
    I was thinking if Brazil were to steal a win against Italy then Matildas will need to not only win but also improve their goal difference as well.

A win will give us 6 points and two of the best 3rd placed teams will go through. I think.
    So 6 points should give us a decent crack at progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Kerr was trying way too hard all game. Her best work came when she went out wide and started passing rather than flicking things on all the time.
    Tells the world suck it then cops a deserved barrage. Just another Tomic. Mon Jamaica

Betting on these games is pretty simple money. Combining a few for multis is easy as.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Tells the world suck it then cops a deserved barrage. Just another Tomic. Mon Jamaica
    Was reading an article where she has reasoned that her comment was made to combat all the homophobic slurs she has allegedly been getting online..

Not exactly a vintage performance. Will be somewhat overshadowed by Kerr's 4 goals. (Probably deservedly enough)

Happily it looks like we've missed out on facing France in the R16 with that single goal, thanks Jamaican Keeper with a touch that I have done more times than I'd like to admit, and will instead face a Norway without Ada Hegerberg. A much easier task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

yeah that was pretty awful. id be looking at Norways odds, because theyd be a decent shake.

At the moment Sam Kerr is a late career Tim Cahill. Headers (yes, impressive ones), tap ins and not much else of any quality.

So may times in attack they'd turn the ball over and there was an enormous gap in the mids and Van Egmond was sitting with 5 other defenders in a bunch at the back. so much space for the Jamaicans to relaunch.

also, womens goalies are garbage. From what i read ours is apparently one of the better ones? If thats the case why do we leave the person with the lowest skill set fill 2 positions (keeper and sweeper) by sitting so high. Women goalies need a deeper defence to help them, not strand them even further away.
    terrible coaching job with that.

anyway, we back apparently or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah that was pretty awful. id be looking at Norways odds, because theyd be a decent shake.

At the moment Sam Kerr is a late career Tim Cahill. Headers (yes, impressive ones), tap ins and not much else of any quality.

So may times in attack they'd turn the ball over and there was an enormous gap in the mids and Van Egmond was sitting with 5 other defenders in a bunch at the back. so much space for the Jamaicans to relaunch.

also, womens goalies are garbage. From what i read ours is apparently one of the better ones? If thats the case why do we leave the person with the lowest skill set fill 2 positions (keeper and sweeper) by sitting so high. Women goalies need a deeper defence to help them, not strand them even further away.
    terrible coaching job with that.

anyway, we back apparently or something.
    In general the keepers arent great..If you haven't seen it have a geez at the highlights if Chile v USA though, the Chilean keeper pulled off some blinders...Apparently is seen as easily the best female keeper in the world though.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    In general the keepers arent great..If you haven't seen it have a geez at the highlights if Chile v USA though, the Chilean keeper pulled off some blinders...Apparently is seen as easily the best female keeper in the world though.
    What about the quotes from the England keeper (I think) saying the goals should be smaller for the girls. Hope Solo said just train with the men.

EVE is not a DM...she moves the ball around ok but we lack cover for the back 4.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    EVE is not a DM...she moves the ball around ok but we lack cover for the back 4.
    She hasn't exactly been banging in the goals over the past few years either for country or club.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    I sort of disagree. Teams aren't really dribbling past EVE or even getting the ball between her and the CBs much. Our issue seems to be a huge gap between our CBs in transition and the fact that they are slow as hell but still want to play a high line. I think the best way to get past us is a quick ball over the top or in between the CBs. Just bypass midfield all together.

That said EVE hasn't been amazing. She just does well at keeping us in possession. No one has been great so far except for Carpenter and Logarzo, plenty of issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Hmm.

Daniel Garbs carry on after the match was all the signs of a whingeing little bitch.
    blamed everyone other than the team.

australia have been awful all tournament. they lost.

hes a ****ing joke that bloke.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Agree...the "feel so sorry for the girls" routine wears thin.

They were not good enough.

Beaten by a lower ranked nation then the idiotic supporters having a whinge. Suck on that

The burn was expected but still it's funny.

Kennedy grabbed a handful of shirt - runs the risk.

The pen claim was looked at dozens of times (though there was an angle that showed it hitting the point of her shoulder that for some reason was only showed once) - not clear and obvious error - no pen.

Sammy belts the ball into Row Z - everyone else would get criticised but apparently Sammy carries the team and is under pressure and should not be derided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The burn was expected but still it's funny.

Kennedy grabbed a handful of shirt - runs the risk.

The pen claim was looked at dozens of times (though there was an angle that showed it hitting the point of her shoulder that for some reason was only showed once) - not clear and obvious error - no pen.

Sammy belts the ball into Row Z - everyone else would get criticised but apparently Sammy carries the team and is under pressure and should not be derided.
    Th ref gave it a pen on the field therefore the clear and obvious error means it should have stood as a pen.

Saying that we didn’t deserve to go through, we were lucky to finish second in the group. Also showed how slow most of the team are. Besides Raso and Carpenter we wer metres slower across the park.