Thread: Attitude towards juniors

Attitude towards juniors

Wasn’t sure where to post so just started a new thread....anyway on Saturday I was warming up my u15 e grade team prior to our game at Kahibah when a NNSW referee inspector approached myself and team manager. He asked me if I had my coaches lanyard which was in my car. He insisted I go get it and I wouldn’t be allowed near the field if I didn’t get it. When the manager told him we didn’t have a ref and one of the dads was going to do it the inspector said if we weren’t the state league u15s it didn’t matter and we could do what we want. I said to him that since we aren’t npl we don’t count hey.

Now we haven’t had a ref at Kahibah all year, which is a bit rubbish but if this is the attitude of a referee inspector from NNSW what is the attitude of the whole organization? If they can’t be assed why do they put their hands out for increasing rego fees from kids?

I’m more than annoyed by this and just wanted to pass on to others....the clubs and associations need to remember that ALL kids are just as important as their higher graded players.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Wasn’t sure where to post so just started a new thread....anyway on Saturday I was warming up my u15 e grade team prior to our game at Kahibah when a NNSW referee inspector approached myself and team manager. He asked me if I had my coaches lanyard which was in my car. He insisted I go get it and I wouldn’t be allowed near the field if I didn’t get it. When the manager told him we didn’t have a ref and one of the dads was going to do it the inspector said if we weren’t the state league u15s it didn’t matter and we could do what we want. I said to him that since we aren’t npl we don’t count hey.

Now we haven’t had a ref at Kahibah all year, which is a bit rubbish but if this is the attitude of a referee inspector from NNSW what is the attitude of the whole organization? If they can’t be assed why do they put their hands out for increasing rego fees from kids?

I’m more than annoyed by this and just wanted to pass on to others....the clubs and associations need to remember that ALL kids are just as important as their higher graded players.
    I have to wonder what a ref inspector was doing there when no refs where there. Also he couldn't have stopped you since he isn't a match official only the ref could've and highly doubt the dad was going to care about that.

So could the Ref inspector ref? I understand his ego would not want to sink to that level.

No. Community players are not valued. NNSW loves to put out glossy thank you's and importance speeches but its a facade.

You are numbers that the FFA gloat about how the sport is the "best".

It's the grassroots clubs and volunteers which drive the game. So have another shiny certificate for your efforts but dont let them near the npl trialists. They might catch some bad technique disease or worse wear an unpopular brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I have to wonder what a ref inspector was doing there when no refs where there. Also he couldn't have stopped you since he isn't a match official only the ref could've and highly doubt the dad was going to care about that.
    796.jpg
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post

I can definitely understand why you were annoyed. I would be too.