Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Qatar 2022 World Cup - AFC Qualifiers

Honking is too strong in my opinion. We certainly played poorly at times (first half in particular), our defence was a bit of a shemozzle and I felt the through balls could have been more direct. There were a few moments where we carved them up and looked really good.

It was a game of deflections - behich copped two that pretty much left him stranded or in an impossible situation. Taggart would have had a goal if the arm of their keeper had been one millimetre to the left. Tags scores and I reckon the game was ours.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    yeah I wouldn't go as far as honking - more just not switched on - we certainly let Japan control the game and didn't take it to them or put them under any real pressure on the ball

this was our most difficult away game of the qualifying campaign, with our weakest squad in a long time - we did ok when we're probably getting ahead of ourselves based on results to easier opposition (in the previous eleven games)

this was still clicks ahead of the bend-over-and-cop-it days of Pim

https://www.theguardian.com/football...rs-on-the-road

Playing the Saudis in Sydney on 11 november

Squad for the Saudia Arabia match this Thursday and China the following Wednesday.

Socceroos squad: Aziz Behich (Giresunspor, Turkey), Martin Boyle (Hibernian FC, Scotland), Milos Degenek (Red Star Belgrade, Serbia), Kenneth Dougall (Blackpool FC, England), Mitchell Duke (Fagiano Okayama, Japan), Callum Elder (Hull City AFC, England), Denis Genreau (Toulouse FC, France), Rhyan Grant (Sydney FC), Ajdin Hrusic (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Jackson Irvine, FC St. Pauli, Germany), Jimmy Jeggo (Aris Thessaloniki, Greece), Fran Karacic (Brescia Calcio, Italy), Mathew Leckie (Melbourne City), Awer Mabil (Midtjylland, Denmark), Jamie Maclaren (Melbourne City), Riley McGree (Birmingham City, England), Andrew Nabbout (Melbourne City), Nikita Rukavytsya (Hapoel Be’er Sheva FC, Israel), Mat Ryan (Real Sociedad, Spain), Trent Sainsbury (KV Kortrijk, Belgium), Harry Souttar (Stoke City, England), Gianni Stensness (Viking FK, Norway), Lawrence Thomas (SonderjyskE Fodbold, Denmark), Danny Vukovic (NEC Nijmegen, Netherlands).

Anybody going to the game in Sydney?

that was a very sexy backheel from hrustic. unfortunately it went to leckie who did as leckie does and caressed it with his first touch to a mere 15m away from him.

the second half has late bullshit Saudi goal written all over it

the shithousery hasn't been as bad I expected though - but maybe because I know the levels they usually sink to
    Last edited by boz-monaut; 11-11-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Anybody watching through paramount?

That's an ACL done for harry

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Anybody watching through paramount?
    Tried all three....10HD, 10Play and P+. The last looked the best.

Now it gets a bit tricky.

Wow what a surprise who would have thought that the ****ing gypo would be out of his depth coaching at this level except everyone in the world who watched him last time coach at this level.

Has the scathing Robbie Slater article been posted yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Wow what a surprise who would have thought that the ****ing gypo would be out of his depth coaching at this level except everyone in the world who watched him last time coach at this level.

Has the scathing Robbie Slater article been posted yet?
    True about Arnold..

Although, I hope you are joking about Slater..
    That prick would never do a hatchet job on his best mate.. He's probably too busy penning an article about how great the gypos will be when his son gets a run, and perhaps lining up interviews with his mates Ninko, Rhyno, Wilko, Bobo, Seafood Brosque, etc..

was always going to happen with this bunch of lower division players and Arnold

this ain't 2005, our youth development has lagged for a very long time and now it's catching up with us

Jeggo should be deported for that effort.

Have to play the south Americans in the play-offs

Cool. We'll be lucky to finish 5th in the Asian playoff the way things are going.
    Might dodge a bullet with a sh!t of a venue for a tournament anyway. Doin' fans a favour.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Vietnam in Melbourne on the 27th.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/12/1...ure-locked-in/

The Socceroos squad to face Vietnam and Oman:

Aziz Behich, Brandon Borello, Martin Boyle, Milos Degenek, Mitchell Duke, Craig Goodwin, Rhyan Grant, Adjin Hrustic, Jackson Irvine, James Jeggo, Fran Karacic, Joel King, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Ryan McGowan, Riley McGree, Connor Metcalfe, Aaron Mooy, Andrew Redmayne, Mathew Ryan, Tom Rogic, Kye Rowles, Trent Sainsbury, Marco Tilio, Danny Vukovic.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    The Socceroos squad to face Vietnam and Oman:

Aziz Behich, Brandon Borello, Martin Boyle, Milos Degenek, Mitchell Duke, Craig Goodwin, Rhyan Grant, Adjin Hrustic, Jackson Irvine, James Jeggo, Fran Karacic, Joel King, Mathew Leckie, Jamie Maclaren, Ryan McGowan, Riley McGree, Connor Metcalfe, Aaron Mooy, Andrew Redmayne, Mathew Ryan, Tom Rogic, Kye Rowles, Trent Sainsbury, Marco Tilio, Danny Vukovic.
    Boyle going to middle east, bad move

what's everybody predicting - glorious victory or humiliating car crash.

I think we'll win, but it will be scrappy, uninspiring and poor. getting my disappointment in early so that the only way is up!