Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I have applied (submitted an EOI) to continue coaching (and would progress to) U10s next season yes.
    You have to submit an EOI? wow clubs i know are often chasing a coach. Well done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    You have to submit an EOI? wow clubs i know are often chasing a coach. Well done though.
    Yeah thanks Jim - it is a big commitment. And tough week-in week-out when progress is slow.
    On the EOI - I think there is a (growing?) expectation amongst parents that fork out for SAP fees that their child is a) in a system that values them, b) has a coach with some/any certification, and c) plays in a side that is halfway competitive - so NLFC are setting processes in place to ensure this happens year-on-year. Good stuff methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Yeah thanks Jim - it is a big commitment. And tough week-in week-out when progress is slow.
    On the EOI - I think there is a (growing?) expectation amongst parents that fork out for SAP fees that their child is a) in a system that values them, b) has a coach with some/any certification, and c) plays in a side that is halfway competitive - so NLFC are setting processes in place to ensure this happens year-on-year. Good stuff methinks.
    Good on ya champ!

Does NL ask coaches to have a minimum level coaching ticket for SAP? Our club requires only the Skill Training Certificate. We would of course love to have C Licensed coaches but it is such a big commitment both time and financially that I don't ever see it happening.

We are not one of the bigger clubs, so interested to know what other clubs require of their coaches?

A

For the Q above somewhere.... 2021 Premier 12s will move to 65m x 55m (half field) rather than the previous box to box size field.

For the Q above somewhere.... 2021 Premier 12s will move to 65m x 55m (half field) rather than the previous box to box size field.
    Not good idea. Big jump from U12 SAP on half field to full size U13 NPL.

At least box to box was gradual increase.

Is this due to ground availability?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post

Almost certainty that ground availability is the cause. Agree, the jump in size isnt good

Almost certainty that ground availability is the cause. Agree, the jump in size isnt good
    i agree chopping and changing the u/12s this year is a bit much but im totally in favour of keeping SAP on the small field right through from 9-12. Too much open field too soon is poison for kids and coaches.if they can play their way out on the smaller field it will translate onto the larger space easier than adding another 50m to chase longballs all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post

With the eventual plan to make U13s and U14s 9v9 box to box that the FFA are pushing

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    With the eventual plan to make U13s and U14s 9v9 box to box that the FFA are pushing
    I heard today that a U13s NPL player had around 6 or 7 touches in one half recently. Makes sense to keep it smaller for a bit longer

Where did you get this info Jim? Has a memo come out from NNSWF? From experience 9v9 on a half field starts to get a bit cramped for the U12 age group.

Was told that their is a NNSW memo out. Havent seen it.

They mentioned that there maybe a few weeks of fast 5s component at start of year for all SAP 9-12.

Wait for confirmation though.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    He’s right. A few years ago a kid I know got a phone call from Lambton Jaffas among with other players from his team to go to Jaffas. No EOI, he was just a good player. Doesn’t know how they even got his number. Would have been about 13/14 at the time maybe
    I heard RH at jaffas has dumped a bunch of kids from the current 9 & 10 SAP and replaced them with NET kids. So lets not say team ain't out there poaching.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    I heard RH at jaffas has dumped a bunch of kids from the current 9 & 10 SAP and replaced them with NET kids. So lets not say team ain't out there poaching.
    YewYew when you say a bunch, how many are we talking?

wrong. Identified not signed. Just like several other top sides have. and players coming "up" from Net is hardly poached.

Any other false outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    You know it’s not hard for parents to say NO? not like clubs are offering transfer fees and goal bonuses at sap level. My son was approached and I declined. End of story.
    Wot about the kids who got dumped? There parents couldnt say NO.

& why shouldn’t Net kids say YES? U make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Game_over View Post
    YewYew when you say a bunch, how many are we talking?
    At least 3 in each

wrong. Identified not signed. Just like several other top sides have. and players coming "up" from Net is hardly poached.

Any other false outrage?
    RIGHT. U just confirm wot i said!!

are Jaffas running 2 teams in 10 and 11 next year? they have enough talent over there dont they?are they sticking with one 12's for next year.a few kids tell me they've been approached to trial not sure if there would be any spots available if they are sticking with the one team?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    are Jaffas running 2 teams in 10 and 11 next year? they have enough talent over there dont they?are they sticking with one 12's for next year.a few kids tell me they've been approached to trial not sure if there would be any spots available if they are sticking with the one team?
    I don’t no about 12s next yr. was told 2 teams in 9, 10 & 11.

At least 3 in each
    My son is in the 10’s this year and you’re better informed than me.

I know my son’s situation, completely unaware of the greater squad selections as they haven’t been communicated yet.