Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Don't have to ask all of them as one of them is my step-son and we certainly haven't filled out an EOI for the two clubs that approached them. One is either Magic or Olympic and one is another NPL club.

It's not just Olympic and Magic doing it (can't say for both but can say for one of the clubs). So perhaps next time don't get so defenisve and just accept that what you think is true isn't true at all. And if Olympic or Magic have that rule they should tell their coaches that.
    is he going?

i know of 4 clubs asking for players. much of this is enquiry and or mutual trades.

Don’t really see the problem. Welcome to “elite” sport culture.
    I’d argue a club that scouts players through the season to line them up for next year, is a pretty progressive club. It seems a better idea than having 40-100 kids turn up to 2-3 trials and trying to pick the best.
    Yes, is may seem disrespectful to their current players that will be replaced and also to the clubs in which they are poaching from.

However, everyone has a choice. You can Go and play for the club and potentially be one of the players they look to replace the folllowing year, or you can choose to stay at your current club.
    Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.
    As somebody said, it’s a compliment. “Yeh, you’re a good player, we’d love to have you at our club next year”. You don’t have to say yes...

As I’ve said before. Over time all the clubs will develop a reputation. If you’re in and around the system, you’ll know which clubs take SAP seriously, which clubs are good at transitioning them to NPL, which clubs don’t care, which clubs show loyalty, which clubs always get good coaches etc. The clubs define their culture and players/parents make their decisions. The strong clubs will have a good reputation with kids lining up to go, the bad will be left with kids who don’t know better or aren’t as competitive.

Macquarie 12 girls played mid coast south 11’s today..

Girls might not have been at there best today, can’t wait till we can get back to normal training with out having a different club there each week to either look at them or run it, seems to have thrown the girls off a bit.

But boy was I impressed by the way the mid Coast boys played, they played some great football, passed the ball around some lovely forward movement, took their shots when it was on and later it off when it wasn’t. I can’t remember their coach having to say too much during the game he just sat back and watched the boys play..

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’d argue a club that scouts players through the season to line them up for next year, is a pretty progressive club. It seems a better idea than having 40-100 kids turn up to 2-3 trials and trying to pick the best.
    Yes, is may seem disrespectful to their current players that will be replaced and also to the clubs in which they are poaching from.

However, everyone has a choice. You can Go and play for the club and potentially be one of the players they look to replace the folllowing year, or you can choose to stay at your current club.
    Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.
    As somebody said, it’s a compliment. “Yeh, you’re a good player, we’d love to have you at our club next year”. You don’t have to say yes...

As I’ve said before. Over time all the clubs will develop a reputation. If you’re in and around the system, you’ll know which clubs take SAP seriously, which clubs are good at transitioning them to NPL, which clubs don’t care, which clubs show loyalty, which clubs always get good coaches etc. The clubs define their culture and players/parents make their decisions. The strong clubs will have a good reputation with kids lining up to go, the bad will be left with kids who don’t know better or aren’t as competitive.
    Hi Bremsstrahlung,

I couldn't agree with this more. It is absolutely a compliment for a player to be seen by another club and asked to go and play for them. Talk of "poaching" is wide of the mark - I don't know of any clubs offering SAP players free rego, or giving these kids' parents something to sweeten the deal, so there is nothing underhanded.

Clubs spotting good players and asking them if they are interested in joining them next season is forward thinking. They are not taking players away mid-season, so what is the issue? As has been said, if you don't want to go, you don't have to!

Clubs not planning for next season are the ones that will be left behind. I've not heard of the 'mutual trades' mentioned by Jim - that sounds a little like cattle trading! - but the better clubs will always be attractive to better players, so players moving around is always going to happen.

A

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Macquarie 12 girls played mid coast south 11’s today..

Girls might not have been at there best today, can’t wait till we can get back to normal training with out having a different club there each week to either look at them or run it, seems to have thrown the girls off a bit.
    So, Macquarie Girls training sessions are being run by other clubs, or other clubs are sending reps to watch training to recruit for next season? Or both???

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So, Macquarie Girls training sessions are being run by other clubs, or other clubs are sending reps to watch training to recruit for next season? Or both???

A
    Had a bit of both, last Monday and tonight the jets have been there whilst all U/12 girls teams mix in and play so they can select for their U/13’s team next year. But we have had some of the WPL teams come and run a session and some just come and watch a session then have a chat to the girls about their options for next year.

A
    i wont speak for onlooker but i know HV Girls SAP are having sessions with Maitland FC/Thornton WPL over the coming weeks in preparation for 2021 ( maybe a similar situation for the MF girls)

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    i wont speak for onlooker but i know HV Girls SAP are having sessions with Maitland FC/Thornton WPL over the coming weeks in preparation for 2021 ( maybe a similar situation for the MF girls)
    Great to see the WPL clubs being proactive about getting the SAP girls involved with their clubs earlier on.

We have had a club ask our girls to come to their training sessions, more on an individual basis rather then the whole team. At first the girls were not aloud to but I think that has been relaxed to being optional..

We have had a club ask our girls to come to their training sessions, more on an individual basis rather then the whole team. At first the girls were not aloud to but I think that has been relaxed to being optional..
    yeah makes sense with the 12s to help give them a feel for WPL next year, and few clubs to trying to get on the front foot with only a limited pool of girls to draw from the current SAP program.

Considering it’s the first time it’s actually been a viable option to come look at and try and recruit the girls aging out of sap a few clubs have really been on the front foot with it. We have had 5 of the clubs show up over varying nights. So those who don’t get picked up by the jets have plenty of clubs looking to bring them over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    is he going?

i know of 4 clubs asking for players. much of this is enquiry and or mutual trades.
    No he isn't, he is happy with his coach and enjoys playing with his team. We're happy with the club and the coach. No need to change

Mutual trades? Clubs trading players?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Not sure if anyone was saying it was a bad thing (maybe they were), was just pointing out that people claiming that clubs don't do it are talking shit

Clubs not planning for next season are the ones that will be left behind.
    couldnt agree more.you only have to look at clubs who are actively inviting players to trial and clubs who have already posted expressions of interest for new players.then there are the clubs that are seemingly cleaning out coaches and not providing any feedback to parents about next season and seem to think kids are going to want to hang around until they do.clubs like that are in for a bit of a rude shock going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    then there are the clubs that are seemingly cleaning out coaches and not providing any feedback to parents about next season and seem to think kids are going to want to hang around until they do.clubs like that are in for a bit of a rude shock going forward.
    Ouch - not a good spot to be in at all.

Girls SAP announced Today to be run by WPL clubs for under 10-12 from next season.

Girls SAP announced Today to be run by WPL clubs for under 10-12 from next season.
    That means the end of Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter sap football.. the big question is which teams are taking what age groups straight away. And where are all these girls coming from hopefully each club has been preparing for this and have hidden girls away from the zone sap programs over the years.

That means the end of Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter sap football.. the big question is which teams are taking what age groups straight away. And where are all these girls coming from hopefully each club has been preparing for this and have hidden girls away from the zone sap programs over the years.
    Emerging jets also announced to finish up, itll go one of 2 ways, 3 clubs will pickup each of the 3 girls squads and the remaining WPL clubs will be left to draw on the community players or the current SAP girls will all split up amongst the WPL teams and hope everyone can fill the remaining places. That being said from games I’ve seen over the past year there’s still plenty of talent girls in Community football

Emerging jets also announced to finish up, itll go one of 2 ways, 3 clubs will pickup each of the 3 girls squads and the remaining WPL clubs will be left to draw on the community players or the current SAP girls will all split up amongst the WPL teams and hope everyone can fill the remaining places. That being said from games I’ve seen over the past year there’s still plenty of talent girls in Community football
    Heaps of talent in community girls, but not huge numbers. Watch teams in community struggle for numbers after players are cherry picked so these new clubs to the WPL with no connection to girls football can field their SAP teams.

so still no clear direction on teams per club?one team released details they are going to one team each in 9,10,11 and 12 next year.they ran 2 teams in 10 and 11 this year im sure.