Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Premier Club SAP

The Skill Acquisition Program (SAP) is a key component of Football Federation Australia’s National Curriculum.

The program is designed to perfect and accelerate the skill development of identified players between the critical ages of 9 to 12. This is the age group universally acknowledged to be the optimal mental and physical phase in which children are able to learn motor skills. The main focus is the weekly training sessions that will develop individual technical ability and on providing a solid foundation of game-related technical skills.

The training focuses on the core skills of:
    1. First Touch
    2. Striking the Ball
    3. Running with the Ball
    4. 1v1

SAP players train twice a week and play games from March - September

Under 9/10's play 7v7 format
    Under 11/12's play 9v9 format

2020 SAP
    U/9's for players born in 2011 & 2012
    U/10's for players born in 2010
    U/11's for players born in 2009

Adamstown Rosebud
    Under 9's, 10's and 11's trials
    Under 9’s - Tuesday 17th September
    Under 10’s - Thursday 26th September
    Under 11’s - Tuesday 24th September
    Arrive: 5:45pm for a6pm start

Registration Form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/36...zKgdqHgov_j9Zs

Further enquiries can be directed to Dave Rosewarne david@avidpm.com.au

Broadmeadow Magic
    Under 9's, 10's and 11's Expressions of Interest

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s - Tuesday 13th August, 5pm – 6pm

EOI Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...D1e_Q/viewform

Charlestown Azzurri
    Under 9’s & 10’s trials

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s - Monday August 19th
    Under 10’s - Tuesday, September 10th & Thursday, September 12th
    Arrive 5:30pm for 6:00pm start

Registration Form: https://www.charlestowncityblues.com...aZWbf_oudYipHo

Cooks Hill
    Under 9’s trials
    Location: National Park no 4, cnr union st & parkway avenue, Cooks Hill
    Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s – Wednesday 18th September
    Arrive: 4.45pm for a 5pm start

To Register:
    email: cookshillfcjnr@gmail.com

Edgeworth Eagles
    Under 9's, 10’s & 11’s trials

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s - Monday 12th August & Tuesday 13th August
    Under 10's and 11's - Trials will be held on the week beginning Monday 23rd September with the exact day and time to be confirmed.
    Arrive: 4.45pm for a 5pm start

Under 9’s Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...GILoUvN606eIG4
    Under 10’s & 11’s Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...lXQF4WqM2P9DTA

If you have any further questions please contact alexbutt@me.com

Hamilton Olympic
    Under 9's, 10's and 11's
    Location: Darling St Oval, Cnr Hassell & Darling St, Hamilton South.

Trial Dates:
    Under 9's - Monday 2nd September
    Under 10's - Tuesday 24th September
    Under 11's - Wednesday 25th September
    Arrive 5.30pm for 6:00pm start

Registration Form: https://hamiltonolympic.com.au/npl-n...p-team-trials/

Lake Macquarie Roosters

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s - Tuesday 20th August & Tuesday 27th August
    Under 10's & 11's - Thursday 26th September 2019 with a possible second trial on Friday 27th September 2019
    Arrive: 4.30pm for 4.45pm start.

Registration Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...AA67gva8Vii1VM

For further information: lakemacquariecityfootballclub@gmail.com

Lambton Jaffas
    Under 9's trials

Trial Dates: Wednesday 7th August and Wednesday 14th August
    Arrive 5.45pm for 6:00pm start.

Registration Form: https://form.jotform.co/82108099572866

There will be no Under 10’s or 11’s open trials.

Maitland Magpies

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s - Tuesday 13th August, Thursday 15th August, 5.30pm - 6:30pm
    Under 10’s – Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th September, 6pm – 7:20pm
    Under 11’s – Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th September, 6pm – 7:20pm

To Register:
    email: sapoperations@Maitlandfc.com.au with the following information
    Name
    Date of Birth
    Preferred position
    Parents name
    Phone No.
    Email
    Current Club

New Lambton Eagles

Singleton Strikers

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s – Thursday 12th September 5pm
    Under 10’s – Tuesday 24th September 5pm
    Under 11’s – Tuesday 24th September 5pm

Registration Form: http://singletonstrikers.com.au/play...stration-form/

South Cardiff Gunners

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s – Tuesday 3rd & Wednesday 4th September
    Under 10’s – Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th September
    Under 11’s - Trials will be held depending on the Expressions of Interest received
    6pm – 7:15pm

EOI Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...pB6ESNiYEZElHo

Valentine Phoenix
    Under 9's, 10's and 11's Expressions of Interest

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s – Friday 23rd August 6pm

EOI Form: https://forms.gle/kJnnbURkPWG9phKv9
    For further information: registrar@vefc.com.au

Wallsend Devils
    U9’s boys and girls trials.
    Location: ‘The Gardens’ sporting complex, 104 Sandgate road, Birmingham Gardens

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s – Tuesday 20th, Wednesday 21st & Thursday 22nd August
    5:00pm – 6:30pm

If you have any questions regarding this, please contact Daniel Byatt at youth@wallsendfc.com.au

Rego link to follow: In the meantime, fill in the below questions & send them to Dan.
    First Name
    Last Name
    FFA Number
    Date of Birth
    Address
    City
    Email
    Phone
    2019 Club and Division
    Preferred Position
    Parent/Guardians Name

Weston Bears

Trial Dates:
    Under 9’s – Monday 26th & Wednesday 28th August. 5pm - 6pm Additional trial for U9 SAP will be held on Thursday 26th September 5:00pm - 6:30pm
    Under 10’s – Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th September. 5:30pm – 6:30pm
    Under 11’s – Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th September. 6:30pm – 7:30pm

Under 9’s Registration form: http://www.westonfc.com.au/index.php...GyEzpH8gQ8gLtM
    Under 10’s & 11’s Registration Form: http://www.westonfc.com.au/index.php...bfQjFQ3s8a16NU

For Further information: jj@westonfc.com.au
    Last edited by Aegon; 18-09-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Banned
    Edgy quick off the mark

Jaffas, Magic and Olympic only running one 11's squad and not having open trials. Not sure if they will trial for next years 10's.

Source: Jaffas, Magic and Olympic apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I’m pretty sure Cessnock City are putting in u9/u10 SAP teams this year. I also heard Cooks Hill were looking at entering an u9 team. Not sure if that’s confirmed yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Jaffas, Magic and Olympic only running one 11's squad and not having open trials. Not sure if they will trial for next years 10's.

Source: Jaffas, Magic and Olympic apparently.
    For Jaffas:

• The club will select two squads of u9 players, two squads of u10 players and one squad of u11 players.
    • Squad numbers will be u9s = 18, u10s = 18, u11s = 13 players.
    • The identification of players for u10s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, discussion with appointed Lambton SAP coaches, and trials.
    • The identification of players for the u11s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, and discussion with the appointed Lambton SAP coach. There will be no need for a formal trial for u11s.
    • The club’s Technical Director, with the team coaches, will determine the final squad selections.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    I’m pretty sure Cessnock City are putting in u9/u10 SAP teams this year. I also heard Cooks Hill were looking at entering an u9 team. Not sure if that’s confirmed yet though.
    Thanks, if they send out trial dates I will put them in the original post.

For everyone: Please let me know if you see details posted by a club that I may have missed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    For Jaffas:

• The club will select two squads of u9 players, two squads of u10 players and one squad of u11 players.
    • Squad numbers will be u9s = 18, u10s = 18, u11s = 13 players.
    • The identification of players for u10s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, discussion with appointed Lambton SAP coaches, and trials.
    • The identification of players for the u11s will include scouting from clinics, observation and assessment of current SAP players, and discussion with the appointed Lambton SAP coach. There will be no need for a formal trial for u11s.
    • The club’s Technical Director, with the team coaches, will determine the final squad selections.
    Does Jaffas run a NET team in at the moment in 9's or 10's?
    If so is that continuing or are those players in the pool of kids getting selected for the single SAP squad?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, im assuming the one big squad in 11's is due to the field getting bigger for next year. Does anyone know if thats been decided by NNSW yet?

Gonna be interesting to see what happens to the 15+ kids cast off by Magic/Jaffas/Olympic for next year. Because if everyone else decides to not hold trials then theres gonna be a lot of decent kids with 2 years training in the program with no team to go to. It will be a shame considering that the following year in 12's they'll all be out looking for new players because i believe they go to full field and need a squad of around 15 each.

Seems a bit daft to turf kids for one year only to then need them again.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Does Jaffas run a NET team in at the moment in 9's or 10's?
    If so is that continuing or are those players in the pool of kids getting selected for the single SAP squad?
    No, it looks like New Lambton are the only NF team that runs both NET and SAP in the 10's. This might be subject to change from any of the teams but it's doubtful.

also, im assuming the one big squad in 11's is due to the field getting bigger for next year. Does anyone know if thats been decided by NNSW yet?
    9 a side on a bigger field. I couldn't find a reference to compare the 2 field sizes sorry.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens to the 15+ kids cast off by Magic/Jaffas/Olympic for next year. Because if everyone else decides to not hold trials then theres gonna be a lot of decent kids with 2 years training in the program with no team to go to. It will be a shame considering that the following year in 12's they'll all be out looking for new players because i believe they go to full field and need a squad of around 15 each.
    From the indications I have been given, the SAP program wont go 11 a side. 11's and 12's will play by the same rules. it will be at NPL level where the kids start playing full field and 11 a side.

I had thought the same thing. It definitely might come back to bite them in the future.

No, it looks like New Lambton are the only NF team that runs both NET and SAP in the 10's. This might be subject to change from any of the teams but it's doubtful.

9 a side on a bigger field. I couldn't find a reference to compare the 2 field sizes sorry.

From the indications I have been given, the SAP program wont go 11 a side. 11's and 12's will play by the same rules. it will be at NPL level where the kids start playing full field and 11 a side.

I had thought the same thing. It definitely might come back to bite them in the future.

Current U12 SAP is 9 a side like U11. So squad size will stay same for U11 and U12. Field is slightly bigger for U12 but unsure if this will remain the case when it comes around.

Interesting, cheers for the info.

Its gonna be an interesting few months in this program.

I dont know many clubs that will 'need' 2 teams next year as most are now def in the class of 1 competitive team and one lesser quality team. I just hope the kids that stay in the program are the ones with the technical ability. Because if parents and coaches are just concerned with winning games then they should pay 1/3 the rego and go back to ID's where they can flog everyone.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I understand Magic may be fielding two teams in the SAP u11s next year. Parents were apparently told this last week. I think they’d all assumed there would only be a single team, but apparently not.

If that is true and the post about how many Lambton are taking are also true then Lambton may need to take more than 13 in their U11 side

I heard on the weekend that Hamilton will also be fielding 2 U11s next season. This is concerning for clubs who have already chosen their players as they will need more players and we had 2 players leave and go to Hamilton late pre season when given the chance. It was evidenced that we started the player movements by taking one of Hamiltons prior and starting the swapsys. So win some lose some I guess.

whats everyones opinions on 2 teams per club for U/11's?

Personally, every week this season without fail I've seen one strong team per club and one ok team. I think every club would probably benefit from picking the best 3 or 4 from their 'B' team and having one strong team. I know some clubs are getting 'results' from both teams but ive seen plenty of teams play nothing like the program intended and 'win' games and i think thats a pointless path to keep going down.

You could still have 2 games per weekend, or if the level is good enough have 4 x 20min periods against one team per week.

Id personally rather see Jaffas vs Magics best and Olympics best on one weekend rather than have one tough game and one easy game. Some clubs would def be way way better by having one strong team, and if that then frees up spots for clubs like Cooks Hill and Cessnock to have one strong team it can hopefully keep enough top quality players in the talent pool to make the NPL comp strong when it comes to that time.

It sounds bad but this program is designed to get the absolute cream of the talent and get them ready for A-League level. Kids are going to miss out so the chop has to start sometime.

and this is from a dad of a kid who would def be on the cut line at our club.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If that is true and the post about how many Lambton are taking are also true then Lambton may need to take more than 13 in their U11 side
    11's and 12's (2021) are 9 a side and they are selecting 13 players? Are you saying that's not enough?

whats everyones opinions on 2 teams per club for U/11's?
    I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. I can see it from both perspectives. Choose the cream of the crop, or train a few extra players knowing you'll need more player numbers within 2 years.

If I had to make a call, I would lean the way of choosing your best 13 players for one team on the caveat that all clubs do the same. It would mean the kids are playing tougher competition each week but are surrounded by teammates they are confident in.

BUT - some of the strongest players are inevitably are going to be taken by the Jets. It will be interesting seeing what impact that has on some of the bigger clubs.

I think Northern should make the decision that all clubs field 1 team, or 2 teams.

What if they both have very strong sides in both teams?? The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    What if they both have very strong sides in both teams?? The thing I’d like people’s thoughts on is teams like New lambton dropping kids from the 10s to play in the 9s just to get a win over the stronger teams and benching their regular players for the sake of winning.... piss poor if you ask me.
    First I have heard about that. if true, I can't see the point?

The kids New Lambton are dropping back to U9s to fill in are in the 9s age group.
    I noticed Hamilton did the same thing on the weekend.