Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172
Results 1,421 to 1,433 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

My (almost) 9yo will be entering the SAP world in 2021.
    New club, new everything.
    I've been keeping an eye on this discussion, and at times got scared by all the non-football issues and the amount of political BS around young kids playing football (and sport in general). But that's the real world, I guess.

Being admittedly very bad at this, my simple and naive advice to my kids has always been:
    1. Work hard
    2. Keep improving
    3. Do your best
    (4. pass the bloody ball!!!)

Hope it works...

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    My (almost) 9yo will be entering the SAP world in 2021.
    New club, new everything.
    I've been keeping an eye on this discussion, and at times got scared by all the non-football issues and the amount of political BS around young kids playing football (and sport in general). But that's the real world, I guess.

Being admittedly very bad at this, my simple and naive advice to my kids has always been:
    1. Work hard
    2. Keep improving
    3. Do your best
    (4. pass the bloody ball!!!)

Hope it works...
    Welcome.

Ignore the trolling and negativity, it's an unfortunate side effect of anonymity.

In general the program is the best available pathway unless you have an exceptional coach at community level.

You're giving your young one the right message which is similar to what I ask from my young ones in sport, school or anything they participate in:
    • Always try your hardest
    • Listen to what you're being taught
    • Enjoy yourself

If needed, reinforce the right behavior at training, not to be silly or distractible because the coaches hate nothing more.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I remember nothing I hated more in juniors than turning up to training and everyone begging to play “tackle footy” at the end and throughout.
    I mean, kids will be kids in terms of behaviour. But I guess, hopefully, kids in these SAP are genuinely interested in football and want to be playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I remember nothing I hated more in juniors than turning up to training and everyone begging to play “tackle footy” at the end and throughout.
    I mean, kids will be kids in terms of behaviour. But I guess, hopefully, kids in these SAP are genuinely interested in football and want to be playing it.
    At 2 nights of training a week there'll be no time for that. Join a touch footy comp on a non training night.

Interesting post on FB today. Central Coast United will be in NNSW Sap next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Interesting post on FB today. Central Coast United will be in NNSW Sap next year.
    Interesting because they have no intention of leaving the Sydney NPL for youth and seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Good for Central Coast and good for the local JDL comp

And good for the mighty Edgeworth Eagles who do an awesome roast beef and gravy roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    And good for the mighty Edgeworth Eagles who do an awesome roast beef and gravy roll.
    Have you switched allegiances? I notice a lot of Edgy praise from you on here and FB rather than Valo recently.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Good for Central Coast and good for the local JDL comp
    Agreed

I wanted to help Valo out for a year with a bit of support because I like their colours. I have decided to go back to Edgy where I belong. Go the Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    I wanted to help Valo out for a year with a bit of support because I like their colours. I have decided to go back to Edgy where I belong. Go the Eagles!
    I think his account has been hacked, filling the forums with irrelevant posts.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I think his account has been hacked, filling the forums with irrelevant posts.
    What an insult. There is nobody that understands the local football scene like me. Jeepers creepers yeah!