Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Ideas for a solution? From what I understand the dates are mandated by NNSW. Is that true?
    ive been told the same.but its clear clubs arent following the same single set of rules.one club kept their returning players in the dark until 2 days before the trials even though players in the same team had months earlier already signalled their intention to leave because they had spots at another club.both clubs in question thought they were abiding by the rules so maybe theres a lack of clarity.the downside was that players who didnt know if they had a spot trialed at other clubs and got accepted.the way the situation was explained to me its hard to put blame on anyone.kids wanted to guarantee themselves a spot, clubs thought they werent allowed to inform kids of retention even though they intended to do so.
    id love to see clubs be allowed to inform players of being retained a month or 2 before the end of the season, that way if they arent planned to come back they can go trial at other clubs to try and secure a spot.it would also free up spots at trials so players who are already secure wont need to trial for anyone.

And to think we almost had a full page of constructive comments.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    And to think we almost had a full page of constructive comments.....
    We shouldnt have to put up with personal attacks from that turd. I have done nothing but add productive conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    id love to see clubs be allowed to inform players of being retained a month or 2 before the end of the season, that way if they arent planned to come back they can go trial at other clubs to try and secure a spot.it would also free up spots at trials so players who are already secure wont need to trial for anyone.
    Does happen but is very awkward for the parents and player for those last 6 weeks or so.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 23-11-2020 at 08:03 PM.

ive been told the same.but its clear clubs arent following the same single set of rules.one club kept their returning players in the dark until 2 days before the trials even though players in the same team had months earlier already signalled their intention to leave because they had spots at another club.both clubs in question thought they were abiding by the rules so maybe theres a lack of clarity.the downside was that players who didnt know if they had a spot trialed at other clubs and got accepted.the way the situation was explained to me its hard to put blame on anyone.kids wanted to guarantee themselves a spot, clubs thought they werent allowed to inform kids of retention even though they intended to do so.
    If players were signed/accept to play at a club and it was 2 year blocks kids know where they are playing but also the trials are for kids outside of Sap program in that 2 year window so we would eliminate this. At the end of the 2 year block if a club wants to keep a player let them offer or whenever. If the clubs put 2 years into the player they deserve first option at keeping them. Then it’s in the players hands to choose
    Last edited by The Hacker; 23-11-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Does happen but is very awkward for the parents and player for those last 6 weeks or so.
    agree.it happened at one of my sons mates clubs and it wasnt a great environment for the last few weeks apparently.the only saving grace is that parents and kids have a chance to get another shot elsewhere instead of finding out too late.again there is no perfect answer.just as an aside though, the washup from cutting a bunch of kids early didnt seem to have the effect the team was after as it is debatable if the club actually got any better by doing it.maybe it goes back to sticking with the kids you have and helping them rather than a continual big turnover.at some stage if clubs keep kicking kids out maybe the club needs to look at how its running the program from their end.

agree.it happened at one of my sons mates clubs and it wasnt a great environment for the last few weeks apparently.the only saving grace is that parents and kids have a chance to get another shot elsewhere instead of finding out too late.again there is no perfect answer.just as an aside though, the washup from cutting a bunch of kids early didnt seem to have the effect the team was after as it is debatable if the club actually got any better by doing it.maybe it goes back to sticking with the kids you have and helping them rather than a continual big turnover.at some stage if clubs keep kicking kids out maybe the club needs to look at how its running the program from their end.
    I don’t know if they still do it but mid year reports done by the clubs also help the kids understand where they are strong and what areas they need to work on. The retention letter can be a bit difficult but if the parents have a proper discussion with their kids it doesn’t mean they won’t be at the same clubs next year. Sometimes kids aren’t told or don’t realise they aren’t working hard enough and you can see them step up and put in the effort to show they are willing to keep working. Not getting a letter doesn’t mean you won’t be there the next year but i think open communication and discussion helps to stop some of the issues that happen. The worst thing clubs can do is to run it like it’s some sort of national secret, I think more communication between parents and clubs can make a lot of difference.

Maybe also having a centralised timeframe when retention letters will go out. Ok clubs if you are going to make offers to your current players it must be this week. Give parents time to discuss with the club the stuff above and start thinking about what other options they have.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    The worst thing clubs can do is to run it like it’s some sort of national secret, I think more communication between parents and clubs can make a lot of difference.
    i agree here.it sucks but as the kids get older the places available get smaller and smaller.the very very best will make it to the top but along the way pretty much all the kids will have to drop off somewhere.of course having the chat to a 9 year old vs a 16 yr old is different, but clubs, kids and most importantly parents being open and realistic is the only way to go forward.

i agree here.it sucks but as the kids get older the places available get smaller and smaller.the very very best will make it to the top but along the way pretty much all the kids will have to drop off somewhere.of course having the chat to a 9 year old vs a 16 yr old is different, but clubs, kids and most importantly parents being open and realistic is the only way to go forward.
    There are clubs with trialing players now on the maybe list while these clubs look to see who may be available in the near future. Makes it hard.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    You are a disease get out already.
    Why get rid of him? haha he’s funny. Old mate called his mum a whore but that’s ok? He’s only returning serve. If people are going to dish it out they have to expect it back surely? I say play on. I only come on here for the laughs and not the football knowledge you guys posses. I actually would love see these guys post their real names and go at it. That would make a good laugh.

if you want any advice,use the personal messages function and send each other all the garbage you want.im not taking sides on any of this but im pretty sure the mods will get the last word on this and none of you will like it anyway.

Is there even an admin on this site? Wishing cancer, encouraging self harm and denigrating children is not on in any public forum especially by what I presume to be adults....pathetic display

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Is there even an admin on this site? Wishing cancer, encouraging self harm and denigrating children is not on in any public forum especially by what I presume to be adults....pathetic display
    Yes there is, and action is incoming.........
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

ffs I have enough stuff going on in my life without having to keep juveniles apart online.

Finzee and Doopche both banned for a month. If they step out of line when they come back, it will be a perma-ban.

Let this be a lesson to all, Im sick of warning people to behave. Now its going to be: behave or suffer the consequences.
    Thank you to all those who resisted the urge to get involved, and tried to continue what is a necessary discussion.
    Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    ffs I have enough stuff going on in my life without having to keep juveniles apart online.

Finzee and Doopche both banned for a month. If they step out of line when they come back, it will be a perma-ban.

Let this be a lesson to all, Im sick of warning people to behave. Now its going to be: behave or suffer the consequences.
    Thank you to all those who resisted the urge to get involved, and tried to continue what is a necessary discussion.
    Carry on.
    Kudos. Hopefully we can continue legitimate discussions going forward with a little more decorum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Kudos. Hopefully we can continue legitimate discussions going forward with a little more decorum.

Maitland FC WPL are chasing a goalkeeper for their U/13’s team for next season.

Contact Cal on 0421646037 for more information.

So have most clubs now selected their 2021 squads?

How are the clubs plans for the upcoming season looking?

Glad to say that our club have confirmed coaches (all teams) and managers (most teams), return to training dates & have also locked in pre season games each weekend until the end of February.

Players will be allocated to teams once they return to training. Going off what happened last year I am guessing the club will split existing players up evenly between the 2 teams and new players will fill out both squads.

I have noticed some clubs have maintained squads without mixing existing players together over a number of years. Is there any thoughts as to which approach is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    So have most clubs now selected their 2021 squads?

How are the clubs plans for the upcoming season looking?

Glad to say that our club have confirmed coaches (all teams) and managers (most teams), return to training dates & have also locked in pre season games each weekend until the end of February.

Players will be allocated to teams once they return to training. Going off what happened last year I am guessing the club will split existing players up evenly between the 2 teams and new players will fill out both squads.

I have noticed some clubs have maintained squads without mixing existing players together over a number of years. Is there any thoughts as to which approach is better?
    Most of the girls' SAP teams look like they are training already. Personally, being able to play with anyone is important, mixing it up adapts kids to change and being able to walk on the park and play with kids they don't know. Trialling is the worst and it only gets harder if you have only been playing with the same kids for 4 years, it also stops "cliques" from forming as well, and different coaches will teach kids different things, the more opportunity kids have to gain knowledge from different sources the better as well.

If a club had offered spots to other players before the trial period and think they were following Northern's rules, they are obviously lying or are ignorant. I am predicting it is the former.

Northern already clearly says that you can offer players already registered spots before the trial period. So that particular club is also ignorant. In saying that some clubs do refuse to offer retentions and tell them all to come and retrial.