Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    As I understand it this time last year the clubs were asked to identify and nominate players to go to TSP trials, the players then had to trial over a period of time before NNSW selected their final TSP squad.
    Yes, that's what I heard as well. It sounds like NNSWF might rely more on their own scouting and club recommendations for next years TSP, and only use trials if they don't think they have enough kids. This makes sense - much better to observe kids over the season and get feedback from coaches who see them week in, week out, than rely on trials.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Adamstown have confirmed they’ll only field one team in U11 SAP next year.

“UNDER 11 SAP ANNOUNCEMENT for 2020

Adamstown Rosebud Football Club has reviewed its position regarding the U11 SAP competition in 2020 in light of the recent briefing paper from NNSWF and has resolved to field one team only. This team has now been filled from our 2019 U10 SAP squads.

We acknowledge and appreciate all of those players that have submitted expressions of interest for the 2020 U11s SAP team, however we will not be holding trials and apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused”
    Word is Rosebud were told by Northern they could only have 1 U11 SAP team. The club are v. Pissed off. Why can some have 2 teams and others 1? Why do Northern get to say?

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Word is Rosebud were told by Northern they could only have 1 U11 SAP team. The club are v. Pissed off. Why can some have 2 teams and others 1? Why do Northern get to say?
    Ya, if that is true it is very poor. If one club are told they can only have a single team, all clubs should only be allowed a single team.

It should not be a case of different rules for different clubs.

TSP will be available for both 10's and 11's next year in the SAP.

Well done Northern in creating more opportunities for the better players to train together and improve their skills under more experienced coaches. Hopefully they don't restrict the numbers to only one squad but increase to 2 if the quality is there.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    ive got a feeling that NNSW wanted every club to have one team in 11's (our club was originally going to 1 team but changed later in the process).

Most clubs just didnt listen to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ive got a feeling that NNSW wanted every club to have one team in 11's (our club was originally going to 1 team but changed later in the process).

Most clubs just didnt listen to them.
    Why would clubs like Magic and Olympic want to reduce to 1 team? They have the best group of kids in the 10s and will filter out the some next season for enforcement of 1 team.
    I cant believe clubs chose to go to 1 team this year as they will need to recruit next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Why would clubs like Magic and Olympic want to reduce to 1 team? They have the best group of kids in the 10s and will filter out the some next season for enforcement of 1 team.
    I cant believe clubs chose to go to 1 team this year as they will need to recruit next season.
    It depends on numbers really.
    Jaffas picked 13 (I think) for their single 11's team and I would think by Under 13's NPL they would select about 16 players?

The risk though is if any of the original 13 boys selected get picked up by the Jets then clubs might be looking at having to pick up more players whilst losing the best they currently have.

The flip side of it is, Olympic and Magic will now have somewhere in the vicinity of 22 players that they will need to reduce down to 16 from Under 12's SAP to Under 13's NPL. That's potentially 6 kids that will need to find NPL spots at other clubs.

Without saying it previously you have reinforced my point
    Magic and Olympic keep squads for 11s and 12s the Jets poach from both clubs and they end up close to their needs without any heartache.

Can anyone confirm Olympic didn't trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    exactly.
    ive no idea behind NNSW wanting to cull kids, and good on clubs for sticking by their kids they've already invested time into.
    2 teams for 11 and 12 sets up a well trained squad for NPL 13's. It seems pretty straight forward to me.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The risk though is if any of the original 13 boys selected get picked up by the Jets then clubs might be looking at having to pick up more players whilst losing the best they currently have.
    add to this the kids that just dont want to play higher level soccer after 12's.
    add to this the kids who leave Jaffas to go play NPL somewhere else.
    add to this the kids who got cut already and dont want to go back to a club that did them like that.

none of my business but i think its a shame that Jaffas have gone this approach.
    its also not entirely their fault either with how much information was coming out from NNSW about the structure for next year. they made a decision early and went with it.
    also if the games are all that then they're gonna have 4 on the bench each week for one 60 min game are they gonna get the game time they need. you can already hear the complaints from little Johnnys parents about paying so much cash for their kid to get a tan on the bench.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    also if the games are all that then they're gonna have 4 on the bench each week for one 60 min game are they gonna get the game time they need. you can already hear the complaints from little Johnnys parents about paying so much cash for their kid to get a tan on the bench.
    4 on bench is a ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    4 on bench is a ridiculous
    Whilst I agree n sentiment, that is on the rare occasion when all players are available.

Aegon Jr's team probably had their full complement only a handful of times this season and played frequently with no subs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    TSP will be available for both 10's and 11's next year in the SAP.

Well done Northern in creating more opportunities for the better players to train together and improve their skills under more experienced coaches. Hopefully they don't restrict the numbers to only one squad but increase to 2 if the quality is there.
    Who says they are being coached by more experienced coaches?
    I’d rather Glen Moore’s knowledge and even Gary Wilson whom I’ve seen coach at SAP level over some kid at NNSW that’s done a coaching course 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Who says they are being coached by more experienced coaches?
    I’d rather Glen Moore’s knowledge and even Gary Wilson whom I’ve seen coach at SAP level over some kid at NNSW that’s done a coaching course 🙄
    The coaches at TSP this year wasn't some kid who has done a coaching course. One of them has over 3 years in the emerging jets programme and is coaching in the Jets academy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post

Hopefully they don't restrict the numbers to only one squad but increase to 2 if the quality is there.
    The information from NNSWF suggested the limits on TSP players may be the number of coaches available to facilitate them. Presumably if they get enough coaches then all the kids they’ve highlighted as being good enough will be accommodated.

There will be more room at the LMRFF too, with the Emerging Jets going elsewhere.

Banned
    Anyone know of any summer comps for the kids in the SAP ages? The one at Adamstown is apparently canceled I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    The information from NNSWF suggested the limits on TSP players may be the number of coaches available to facilitate them. Presumably if they get enough coaches then all the kids they’ve highlighted as being good enough will be accommodated.

There will be more room at the LMRFF too, with the Emerging Jets going elsewhere.
    That would be great. Giving more players access to train at Speers Point with the best players can only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Anyone know of any summer comps for the kids in the SAP ages? The one at Adamstown is apparently canceled I was told.
    Mayfield Juniors are running one at Stevenson Park for U8/9s. ItÂ’s due to start next week, so not sure if they have spots left.

Other than that, SAP Fast 5s at Speers Point, or I think Tiligerry and Maitland might be running something.

Check out New Lambton webpage

Trials for 2020 squads should now all be completed. Have all the squads announced their selections?

Have teams stayed loyal to their existing players or have their been wholesale changes?

Jaffas 9's released 6 players, Olympic released 3 players & Magic have apparently retained the majority of their players.

There is lots of rumours about discarding the 2 game (20min halves) per weekend format in favour of a single longer game (30min halves).

With the Jets leaving the LMRFF it'll be interesting to see whether there are more SAP games played at Speers Point and maybe more oversight from NNSWF.

When do all the teams start training? Late this year or early next year?