Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 827

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Wasnít that Clayton Zaneís role? What was Bertos a technical advisor or something similar?
    Aegon you are correct.

  2. #602
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Aegon you are correct.
    But they advertising now? Maybe they want 2x TDs? Or is Zane going back to Jets???

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I don’t even know who was selected anywhere except Magic.
    From what I know the best kid in last years 9’s at Magic was selected + a kid in last years 10’s who played up a year. The other boy was probably middle of the range at the club but his father has some NNSWF connections.
    When it comes to last years 9’s Olympic squad they were nowhere near as strong as their 10’s group, there were definitely a couple of boys who were strong enough to be selected but they are definitely not head and shoulders above other boys at Magic, Jaffa’s, New Lambton, etc.

    I can’t say whether they selected the best 12 kids in this age group or not because I don’t know who they selected 100%. What I do think is that the selection process is murky at best and I reckon I saw more SAP games last year than anyone at Northern did.
    Ok letís get something straight, the kid you speak of isnít middle of the range, heís one of the top 3/4 kids in that team and his selection has nothing to do with his father so stop being salty. If anything there should have been another 2/3 kids selected from that side and another from the other magic team as they were the best teams in Comp last year. Leo definitely had some pull on some Olympic kids selected because one kid has made the TSP that didnít even get selected in the magic team when he trialed last season Iím told.

  4. #604
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Ok let’s get something straight, the kid you speak of isn’t middle of the range, he’s one of the top 3/4 kids in that team and his selection has nothing to do with his father so stop being salty. If anything there should have been another 2/3 kids selected from that side and another from the other magic team as they were the best teams in Comp last year. Leo definitely had some pull on some Olympic kids selected because one kid has made the TSP that didn’t even get selected in the magic team when he trialed last season I’m told.
    Not salty at all. I watched both Magic teams on multiple occasions last year. From what I saw (and others expressed) he'd be very lucky to be in the top 5 in Magic 9's last year.
    Even you say he is top 3/4 in that team, there were better players than him in the other 9's Magic team which would put him about mid range in his age group at his club.

    I actually agree with you that there were others at Magic that were very unlucky not to be selected. However I'll be clear, apart from the Magic boys I don't know the list of 12 boys who were selected. But there were boys in multiple other clubs (especially New Lambton) who would consider themselves very unlucky as well.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Not salty at all. I watched both Magic teams on multiple occasions last year. From what I saw (and others expressed) he'd be very lucky to be in the top 5 in Magic 9's last year.
    Even you say he is top 3/4 in that team, there were better players than him in the other 9's Magic team which would put him about mid range in his age group at his club.

    I actually agree with you that there were others at Magic that were very unlucky not to be selected. However I'll be clear, apart from the Magic boys I don't know the list of 12 boys who were selected. But there were boys in multiple other clubs (especially New Lambton) who would consider themselves very unlucky as well.
    Thereís another kid I believe would have been selected if not for his father from magic, he was picked Iím told but his father said no, so magic would have had 3 selected from same side and one playing up in 10s.

  6. #606
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    There’s another kid I believe would have been selected if not for his father from magic, he was picked I’m told but his father said no, so magic would have had 3 selected from same side and one playing up in 10s.
    I definitely would not have agreed with 3 Magic boys from the same side and none from the other being selected.

    The main reason that Magic team is so strong is that they probably had the best player in the 9's age group last year playing in their midfield. I actually think the other Magic 9's team play better football and should have had 1, maybe 2 boys selected in the TSP.

    Anyway, we're getting caught up in semantics, my main point is that the TSP selection process was really poor. If they weren't going to hold trials then they should have turned up to a lot more games in person. They are in paid positions for a reason. It's already clear to me that they didn't select the strongest players in last years strongest teams.

  7. #607
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I definitely would not have agreed with 3 Magic boys from the same side and none from the other being selected.

    The main reason that Magic team is so strong is that they probably had the best player in the 9's age group last year playing in their midfield. I actually think the other Magic 9's team play better football and should have had 1, maybe 2 boys selected in the TSP.

    Anyway, we're getting caught up in semantics, my main point is that the TSP selection process was really poor. If they weren't going to hold trials then they should have turned up to a lot more games in person. They are in paid positions for a reason. It's already clear to me that they didn't select the strongest players in last years strongest teams.
    Better football? Ok that just clarified to me you donít know what youíre talking about and sound like a salty father like I said.
    Itís like saying Barca is only good because they have Messi, Juventus because they have Ronaldo. Heís part of that team and you saying itís the only reason they are better is laughable and you sound so bitter.
    Let me guess your son wasnít selected?
    Iím a fan of magic and Iím happy to see all 4 SAP teams doing so well but if youíre going to be biased Iíll chip in for what I see from the stands and my son doesnít play in either team for record so I donít have any bias opinions, just calling it as I see it.
    Last edited by Yaa Yaa; 11-01-2020 at 12:28 PM.

  8. #608
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Better football? Ok that just clarified to me you don’t know what you’re talking about and sound like a salty father like I said.
    It’s like saying Barca is only good because they have Messi, Juventus because they have Ronaldo. He’s part of that team and you saying it’s the only reason they are better is laughable and you sound so bitter.
    Let me guess your son wasn’t selected?
    I’m a fan of magic and I’m happy to see all 4 SAP teams doing so well but if you’re going to be biased I’ll chip in for what I see from the stands and my son doesn’t play in either team for record so I don’t have any bias opinions, just calling it as I see it.
    Yes, better football. One the opposition got to grips with the very talented young lad in midfield it tended to break their game down. He has a go to move which he times very well where he manages to play the ball past defenders coming at him. Once the boys (or coaches) played to contain that he wasn't as effective. I witnessed on several occasions where the team went up a couple of goals very quickly but the game stagnates after that as the play continues to be channeled through the middle and the ball is turned over. The other team play more structured and focus a lot more play down the flanks with short passing between their players. They were much more pleasing to watch and were a threat to every team they played from start to finish. They seem to have better positional structure, probably down to different coaching, and involve all their players throughout the games.

    Just because a team wins due to individual talent does not mean they are playing better football. Just look at how neutered Barcelona are when Messi doesn't play as a perfect example of what happens when teams rely on individuals as opposed to playing well.

    How you derive that as salty is beyond me, I am not arguing for my son or that players from his club should have been selected as the club already has extra training plans in place for the best boys in each age group not selected in TSP. Missing out selection at this age means absolutely nothing as individuals will develop technically and physically at very different paces over the next few years. As long as the boys are being effectively coached and are enjoying it then I have no issues at all, I am 100% happy with everything being done at Jaffas.

    NNSWF on the other hand...... Their lack of visibility, support and oversight have left me with lots of concerns and all I am saying is that I question their decision making process.

  9. #609
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Yes, better football. One the opposition got to grips with the very talented young lad in midfield it tended to break their game down. He has a go to move which he times very well where he manages to play the ball past defenders coming at him. Once the boys (or coaches) played to contain that he wasn't as effective. I witnessed on several occasions where the team went up a couple of goals very quickly but the game stagnates after that as the play continues to be channeled through the middle and the ball is turned over. The other team play more structured and focus a lot more play down the flanks with short passing between their players. They were much more pleasing to watch and were a threat to every team they played from start to finish. They seem to have better positional structure, probably down to different coaching, and involve all their players throughout the games.

    Just because a team wins due to individual talent does not mean they are playing better football. Just look at how neutered Barcelona are when Messi doesn't play as a perfect example of what happens when teams rely on individuals as opposed to playing well.

    How you derive that as salty is beyond me, I am not arguing for my son or that players from his club should have been selected as the club already has extra training plans in place for the best boys in each age group not selected in TSP. Missing out selection at this age means absolutely nothing as individuals will develop technically and physically at very different paces over the next few years. As long as the boys are being effectively coached and are enjoying it then I have no issues at all, I am 100% happy with everything being done at Jaffas.

    NNSWF on the other hand...... Their lack of visibility, support and oversight have left me with lots of concerns and all I am saying is that I question their decision making process.
    We must have been watching different teams then, so youíre going off a few games they played vs Jaffaís and Iím going off what I seen week in week out? Pretty sure that talented midfielder missed a few games last year and they still managed to win games comfortably. But I guess you would know more from the 2 games you played them last year 👍 our groups train with one another often and even Training games so I do see them a fair bit. But carry on.😁

  10. #610
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    579
    O
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    We must have been watching different teams then, so you’re going off a few games they played vs Jaffa’s and I’m going off what I seen week in week out? Pretty sure that talented midfielder missed a few games last year and they still managed to win games comfortably. But I guess you would know more from the 2 games you played them last year �� our groups train with one another often and even Training games so I do see them a fair bit. But carry on.��
    You do realise at the hub days the clubs play at the same location even if they aren’t playing together I saw them on multiple occasions. I never mentioned winning anywhere though as I was discussing how they played.
    Never mind though, I am ending the conversation here as you are trying to find an argument or offence out of nothing.

  11. #611
    So let me get this right, a Jaffaís kid dad is getting worked up about the other magic team that didnít have a few players selected? I think you might be putting up a few smoke screens? Maybe youíre a magic dad or a good friend of a magic dad possibly?
    Well we both agree that the other side should have had at least one picked but I wouldnít swap any of the ones that were for them, Iíd look at maybe swap one from the other club.
    If I was to choose one Iíd have to say the goalkeeper as heís very very good in goals but wouldnít make it on the field.
    Anyway itís no big deal if NNSW chose those kids as we have seen in the current 10s group kids were dropped after 1 season and replaced with others, so if you donít perform they will replace you as we seen this year.

  12. #612
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    O

    You do realise at the hub days the clubs play at the same location even if they aren’t playing together I saw them on multiple occasions. I never mentioned winning anywhere though as I was discussing how they played.
    Never mind though, I am ending the conversation here as you are trying to find an argument or offence out of nothing.
    No argument from me, Iím just letting you know from someone thatís watching them train and play week in week out, I know they play at same venues but are you telling me you watch the magic games over your sons games? Hahaha well father of the year goes to you 🤣

  13. #613
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    So let me get this right, a Jaffaís kid dad is getting worked up about the other magic team that didnít have a few players selected? I think you might be putting up a few smoke screens? Maybe youíre a magic dad or a good friend of a magic dad possibly?
    Well we both agree that the other side should have had at least one picked but I wouldnít swap any of the ones that were for them, Iíd look at maybe swap one from the other club.
    If I was to choose one Iíd have to say the goalkeeper as heís very very good in goals but wouldnít make it on the field.
    Anyway itís no big deal if NNSW chose those kids as we have seen in the current 10s group kids were dropped after 1 season and replaced with others, so if you donít perform they will replace you as we seen this year.
    Geez Yaa Yaa. Ya bag out the other team at yr club & then want to swop this kid for that kid like ya playing FIFA. Ya then say a bloke is a spy or best mates with kids from that other magic team cos he has a different view to you. & u donít know why people on here hate magic???

    Worse thing is all this info you got make me think u one of the coaches. You say you ainít but we all no.

    Guess I best mates with aegon now!

  14. #614
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Geez Yaa Yaa. Ya bag out the other team at yr club & then want to swop this kid for that kid like ya playing FIFA. Ya then say a bloke is a spy or best mates with kids from that other magic team cos he has a different view to you. & u donít know why people on here hate magic???

    Worse thing is all this info you got make me think u one of the coaches. You say you ainít but we all no.

    Guess I best mates with aegon now!
    Gee Wizz I think I might need a translator to read that comment. Did you go to school bud or just have a stab at English? I have a feeling you would be more comfortable with a crayon in your hand.
    Yes you got me, Iím the coach 🤦*♂️ I guess that makes all of us coaches in this group because we all know so much.

  15. #615
    Bag out other team? Hahahah can you read? Iím the one that said they should have some kids in that TSP program but not in the place of the kids that were picked as they deserve their place and some unlucky to miss out. These kids all train together at magic so itís not hard to see who the standouts are, you donít have to be their coach to know that if you have some idea about the game. Go and read the thread again dumbo before making a fool of yourself. Go magic 😀

  16. #616
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Bag out other team? Hahahah can you read? Iím the one that said they should have some kids in that TSP program but not in the place of the kids that were picked as they deserve their place and some unlucky to miss out. These kids all train together at magic so itís not hard to see who the standouts are, you donít have to be their coach to know that if you have some idea about the game. Go and read the thread again dumbo before making a fool of yourself. Go magic 😀
    The only 1 being a fool is u Coach Yaa Yaa. U spent all afternoon saying how much better the kids in yr team are & how you wouldnít swop for kids in other team. ĎOnly take keeper, but heís rubbish on fieldí blah blah. I hope the kids in the other team never end up being coached by u cos you ainít gonna give them a fair go.

    I never seen these kids play but some other say he likes the other team better & you go in. Bully boy. Bully coach. Soccer is about opinions. You ainít the gospel so let people have there views.

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    The only 1 being a fool is u Coach Yaa Yaa. U spent all afternoon saying how much better the kids in yr team are & how you wouldnít swop for kids in other team. ĎOnly take keeper, but heís rubbish on fieldí blah blah. I hope the kids in the other team never end up being coached by u cos you ainít gonna give them a fair go.

    I never seen these kids play but some other say he likes the other team better & you go in. Bully boy. Bully coach. Soccer is about opinions. You ainít the gospel so let people have there views.
    Hahahahahahaha oh dear 🤣🤣🤣 I said I wouldnít swap the kids that have been selected in the TSP for ones that havenít for the tsp side not the actual magic side you stupid fool, havenít you got your wires crossed Hahahaha so you actually thought I was the coach of these kids and I didnít want to swap ďmy playersĒ for ďtheir playersĒ hahahahaha you really are an idiot arenít you 🤦*♂️
    Last edited by Yaa Yaa; 11-01-2020 at 08:30 PM.

  18. #618
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Hahahahahahaha oh dear 🤣🤣🤣 I said I wouldnít swap the kids that have been selected in the TSP for ones that havenít for the tsp side not the actual magic side you stupid fool, havenít you got your wires crossed Hahahaha so you actually thought I was the coach of these kids and I didnít want to swap ďmy playersĒ for ďtheir playersĒ hahahahaha you really are an idiot arenít you 🤦*♂️
    Keep digging that hole Coach. The more edit your posts the more we no the truth.

    Just hope there ainít 2 many other magic parents reading this. It ainít a good look to read what Coach thinks of yr kids. Have you told them to there face? Course you ainít.

  19. #619
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Keep digging that hole Coach. The more edit your posts the more we no the truth.

    Just hope there ainít 2 many other magic parents reading this. It ainít a good look to read what Coach thinks of yr kids. Have you told them to there face? Course you ainít.
    You should try the edit, helps fix spelling mistakes so people can understand you. A grown man that still canít separate there from their*

    Hahah they might see it and if they donít Iíll show them so we can have a laugh at your expense , I donít put up smoke screens like old mate ageon whoís said in a comment earlier he only knows what happens at magic and then says his kids at Jaffaís 🤣 but knows all the players and teams and how they play 🤔 I also think you should stop talking for him or are you snuggled up next to him on the lounge, as heís gone quiet since that comment ?hahaha

    Gee I hope I donít dig too big of a hole, the coach might bench my son 😱
    All I know is if my son makes it or doesnít make a TSP team I definitely wonít be going on social media to cry about it.
    Anyway This has been fun, cheers for the laugh dumbo 🤙

  20. #620
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    24
    Well that was an interesting read lol.
    Aegon thatís a bit harsh mate singling out certain 9 year olds and saying they donít deserve to be there and only there because of their father.
    Guys just relax a little, they are 9yrs old so letís not get carried away with all the tsp stuff and let nnsw handle that and Iím sure at end of the day the right kids will be where they need to be when time comes around without fathers fighting on forums about which 9 yr old is better.

    Now does anyone know when the SAP draw comes out? Iíve heard itís a bit shambles at nnsw with coaches leaving and on holidays so they probably havenít even made a draw yet.
    Iíve heard itís 1 game a week but are they grouping them in A and B on ability or just mixing it up again?
    If they do group them like that will the teams that have 2 stronger teams from same club face one another or will you just end up playing the same opponents over and over throughout the year, because I remember some teams playing each other 3/4 times last season and others just once which wasnít ideal in my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •