Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    wait? did that summer SAP comp out at the facility get cancelled?
    I know the Adamstown one didn't happen because of a lack of numbers - perhaps the same happened there?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Richard Heartly left Jaffa’s and now back at Jaffa’s
    Anyone know the sort of hours RH put in at Newcastle Football per week? I’d imagine he’d coaching most week nights and weekends, plus a bunch of admin. With the experience he brought that’s going to be a big gap to fill for NF. I’m sure a lot of the stuff he did wasn’t on his job description either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Does he still run NET as per his position with NF?
    Interesting to see what happens with NET in the future. I recall seeing Magic and other clubs advertising trials for NET from U10-12 which specifically mentioned RH’s involvement. No doubt the likes of Magic won’t need to rely on NF coaching for their teams, but some of the other smaller clubs in NET would have leaned heavily on RH.

My god
    Jaffas is turning into a retirement village for old teachers

Youse Magic SAP boys going to Speers Point for some training? https://northernnswfootball.com.au/s...adow-magic-fc/

Lots of teams gonna be using the Magic parks now. Where is the Magic training facility mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Where is the Magic training facility mentioned?
    I'm guessing this is referring to the outer grounds at Magic Park. They recently had floodlights installed and were dedicated for senior training last year (SAP is part of the Magic senior club)

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Interesting to see what happens with NET in the future. I recall seeing Magic and other clubs advertising trials for NET from U10-12 which specifically mentioned RH’s involvement. No doubt the likes of Magic won’t need to rely on NF coaching for their teams, but some of the other smaller clubs in NET would have leaned heavily on RH.
    Talk at Speers Point today that NET will run next yr but not after. Northern reps say NF don’t have a RH replacement lined up and that will mean NET dies a death in 2021. Hard on those clubs with no SAP.

Talk at Speers Point today that NET will run next yr but not after. Northern reps say NF don’t have a RH replacement lined up and that will mean NET dies a death in 2021. Hard on those clubs with no SAP.
    This is absolute garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    This is absolute garbage
    Yep, I was told NET will continue on as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    This is absolute garbage
    Agreed. Complete garbage. Newcastle Football will carry on with their commitments and are in the process of looking for a replacement.

2020 Training Commencement

I'm keen to know what clubs are doing about starting training next year if anyone would like to share.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post

I'm keen to know what clubs are doing about starting training next year if anyone would like to share.
    Magic will be doing about 1 night a week leading up till the Rockdale trial in December which is a yearly thing they do which hosts games from 9s SAP up to 1st grade on same day and then break for Xmas and new year and I assume will start after Aus day long weekend.

Jaffas haven't announced dates yet.

If it follows last years plan, they will return to training in the week school starts back up in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post

My daughter has moved to Macquarie Football this year and training started as of last Monday (28/10) and a trial game against the Jets was scheduled for the Sunday (27th/10) not sure if it went ahead tho as we were away.. so they have training up until Christmas with possible trial games and then start again early January..

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    My daughter has moved to Macquarie Football this year and training started as of last Monday (28/10) and a trial game against the Jets was scheduled for the Sunday (27th/10) not sure if it went ahead tho as we were away.. so they have training up until Christmas with possible trial games and then start again early January..
    how does your daughter find Macquarie compared to Hunter Valley? Is there a difference in coacing or player skills across the team/club?

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Magic will be doing about 1 night a week leading up till the Rockdale trial in December which is a yearly thing they do which hosts games from 9s SAP up to 1st grade on same day and then break for Xmas and new year and I assume will start after Aus day long weekend.
    this seems very early to start. what kids doing other codes? sounds like they miss out on training.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBIGCHEESE View Post
    Agreed. Complete garbage. Newcastle Football will carry on with their commitments and are in the process of looking for a replacement.
    i wasn't saying it was fact - just that nnswf reps were saying it. The region needs a strong Newcastle Football. I don't know why NF dont just get there own SAP licence. They've go the set-up for it. they could just transfer NET over.

i wasn't saying it was fact - just that nnswf reps were saying it. The region needs a strong Newcastle Football. I don't know why NF dont just get there own SAP licence. They've go the set-up for it. they could just transfer NET over.
    Newcastle Football competed in NNSWF state titles and played against Mac Football, Hunter Valley and the Emerging Jets up to 4 years ago (could be a year out). They then adopted the NET programme as they felt it was the best way forward and NNSWF set up there SAP version as Newcastle SAP while Newcastle Football ran NET.

I suppose different people have different views on what is best for the kids. Newcastle Football = NET and NNSWF = SAP.

i wasn't saying it was fact - just that nnswf reps were saying it. The region needs a strong Newcastle Football. I don't know why NF don't just get there own SAP licence. They've go the set-up for it. they could just transfer NET over.
    I think your missing the point of why Newcastle Football have a NETT program. The SAP program is not be all and end all of football development, if you ask some its quite the opposite actually and no where near the same cost's.

how does your daughter find Macquarie compared to Hunter Valley? Is there a difference in coacing or player skills across the team/club?
    The first thing she noticed was how the trials were set up.. Macquarie had everything ready to go before they got there and hunter valley were setting up well past the start time...
    The second thing was the amount of players at each trial HV had 12 players at there trials including some who hadnÂ’t played before and Macquarie had twice if not 3 times as many..