Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Fair call... I’ve seen some very good kids in this program but it’s way too early to say if they will do anything in the game.. untli they hit the bigger field I wouldn’t get carried away with calling some kids superstars though.. now all I here is talk of this TSP program... I put it to you all, is it a money spinner or not?? If kids are identified at a young age to train at this level why do they have to pay on top of the $1000 they already pay.. feels like nnsw are just cleaning up on us parents. The jets should be playing in Sydney npl like we did in old days with buds and Australs and not playing local... look at the 13s comp 146 plus goals and haven’t lost a game, what are they getting out of that??

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    now all I here is talk of this TSP program... I put it to you all, is it a money spinner or not?? If kids are identified at a young age to train at this level why do they have to pay on top of the $1000 they already pay.. feels like nnsw are just cleaning up on us parents.
    What are the fees for the TSP then? I just assumed this program would be included in the standard SAP fees. If TSP also attracts more fees, its little wonder kids turn to AFL or rugby league as parents just won't be able to afford for them to play.

The whole cost of SAP is crazy, to be honest. It means that only those kids who's parents can afford it are involved, not necessarily the best kids. This doesn't happen anywhere else in the world that I know of - most big clubs in countries (the most successful playing nations) will grab the best kids they can find and nurture them, and the only 'payment' asked in return is the kids/parents time in getting them to training. No fees, as the clubs know if they unearth a couple of gems every couple of years then its all been worth it. It's called investing in the future. I've seen an exceptional 8 year old in community football this year who barely turns up to training and games because his mum can't afford to miss work to get him there. Will he play SAP? Not in this lifetime. On earlier threads people discussed scholarships or clubs/NNSWF paying for the kids who can't afford it and that is a terrific idea. If football is going to thrive and the A-League/national team are to push on the game needs to be inclusive of everyone.

The FFA need to look at the stuff AFL provides to kids who join up to Auskick or youth AFL and realise why they lose top athletes to that code. And AFL do this for free so they attract not only that kid, but that kids siblings and their mates. Smart, long-term marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    now all I here is talk of this TSP program... I put it to you all, is it a money spinner or not?? If kids are identified at a young age to train at this level why do they have to pay on top of the $1000 they already pay..
    yeah thats a weird one. i know kids in it, and they are really really good. Ive also seen some kids who didnt make it, and they are really really good too.
    At this age, i dont know anyone sweating on their kids making it or not. the bloke whos kid is in it that i know doesnt seem to think its all that, but it is keeping his kid in the minds of the people who will picking the Jets in a few years time so hes pretty resigned to being on that merry go round.

again, over the next 2 years i can see kids from outside SAP making the Jets, kids from the TSP giving up football all together and the rest hopefully living up to their potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    The whole cost of SAP is crazy, to be honest.
    especially when you see the breakdown of who gets the cash.
    clubs dont do any good out of it, and most clubs have (im sure mandated) to spend a lot of money on playing/training kit.

you could easily cut a few hundred dollars a year off the bill for parents by being smarter. i mean, FFA could go out tomorrow and do a nationwide kit deal and actually have someone pay to make the uniforms for every 'development' kid in the country. but nope. each club has to source their own stuff and pay for it.

add to that sponsorships etc, and they could be bringing in income for a program like that (like NAB auskickers etc).
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    especially when you see the breakdown of who gets the cash.
    I know Dan from Wallsend posts on here every now and then, and I am sure he won't mind me sharing what the Wallsend SAP cost breakdown was last year:

NNSWF Fees: $347, which includes training ball

Player apparel: $156.95
    - Training jersey
    - Training shorts
    - Training Socks
    - Playing jersey
    - Playing shorts
    - Playing socks
    - Puma bag or backpack
    - Drink bottle

Coaching fees: $75.50

Training Venue: $17

Admin fees: $13.55

Club presentation night: $40 *if the price is cheaper then we will reimburse you the difference

Total - $650

So when you look at Wallsend, they are actually only directly charging parents $303 for SAP at their club, when you remove the $347 NNSWF takes. Obviously other clubs charge a lot more than Wallsend, so I guess those clubs place a higher value on things such as coaching. You would hope that player apparel would be fairly consistent across the board.

I agree 100% on the sponsorship thing - Miniroos has Aldi on board, but there is nothing for SAP or NPL Youth as far as I can see. You'd guess one of the kit manufacturers would love to see every 'elite' kid in the country playing in their gear. Great marketing for the company, cheaper fees for parents and pats on the back for the FFA for organising it. Everyone wins.

Yes the 1K and then the extra clinics they do in holidays and select teams.
    Football has turned into a rich kids sport like golf and tennis I’m afraid. Then in 3 years time he will say I don’t enjoy it anymore because of the strict coaching that NNSW put on certain coaches and TD’s that at times take away the fun side of football.
    Don’t forget the costs of doing a c license or equivalent now to be able to coach under 9s soon.

And the poor old kid from the local commission house gets left behind because he can’t afford to pay.

I agree with the jets playing in Sydney comp as well, why hasn’t that been brought up? The fees I hear the jets kids pay should be more than enough for buses down to play once a week.

I know Dan from Wallsend posts on here every now and then, and I am sure he won't mind me sharing what the Wallsend SAP cost breakdown was last year:

NNSWF Fees: $347, which includes training ball

Player apparel: $156.95
    - Training jersey
    - Training shorts
    - Training Socks
    - Playing jersey
    - Playing shorts
    - Playing socks
    - Puma bag or backpack
    - Drink bottle

Coaching fees: $75.50

Training Venue: $17

Admin fees: $13.55

Club presentation night: $40 *if the price is cheaper then we will reimburse you the difference

Total - $650

So when you look at Wallsend, they are actually only directly charging parents $303 for SAP at their club, when you remove the $347 NNSWF takes. Obviously other clubs charge a lot more than Wallsend, so I guess those clubs place a higher value on things such as coaching. You would hope that player apparel would be fairly consistent across the board.

I agree 100% on the sponsorship thing - Miniroos has Aldi on board, but there is nothing for SAP or NPL Youth as far as I can see. You'd guess one of the kit manufacturers would love to see every 'elite' kid in the country playing in their gear. Great marketing for the company, cheaper fees for parents and pats on the back for the FFA for organising it. Everyone wins.
    Here’s a saving, delete the training gear, you can wear what’s in your draw at home, delete the bag, not sure why a kid needs a bag, turn up ready to play, delete the drink bottle, there’s always a tap at the back of the canteen, see simple, I’ve saved you parents a motza already

FR, is that how it’s done at Southy, then good one you guys for cutting the costs down. I think you’ll find our rego is almost half the cost of some clubs, for what they get in terms of essentially 3 seasons worth of football (if they were playing community) in one season of SAP. With preseason it’s pretty much a 12month commitment & we still heavily rely on fundraising & sponsors to take the costs down for the kids.
    It costs a hell of a lot more than $650 to cover the costs of putting a kid on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    FR, is that how it’s done at Southy, then good one you guys for cutting the costs down. I think you’ll find our rego is almost half the cost of some clubs, for what they get in terms of essentially 3 seasons worth of football (if they were playing community) in one season of SAP. With preseason it’s pretty much a 12month commitment & we still heavily rely on fundraising & sponsors to take the costs down for the kids.
    It costs a hell of a lot more than $650 to cover the costs of putting a kid on the pitch.
    I have know idea how it’s done at southy mate, just adding some humour to a somewhat sad forum,

I have know idea how it’s done at southy mate, just adding some humour to a somewhat sad forum,
    I, for one, am digging the funny FR.

I agree Plague, I could definitely get used to funny FR dropping in from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Probably not but its much more realistic than thinking Joe Blogs is going to play community football only and turn into the next A League or EPL star. That may have been possible in the past but is absolutely rubbish to expect that these days.
    Which is an absolute joke that in Newcastle community teams will generally only play 14 matches, needs to start earlier and finish later.

Here’s a saving, delete the training gear, you can wear what’s in your draw at home, delete the bag, not sure why a kid needs a bag, turn up ready to play, delete the drink bottle, there’s always a tap at the back of the canteen, see simple, I’ve saved you parents a motza already
    I was more amused that the club charges for Presentation Night

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Which is an absolute joke that in Newcastle community teams will generally only play 14 matches, needs to start earlier and finish later.
    Couldn't agree more. 14 games is a farce at all levels.

Couldn't agree more. 14 games is a farce at all levels.
    Why do they only play 14 games? I thought I was told this is because of pressure on grounds, with other sporting codes also using them. But the sheer number of clubs hosting Summer Six competitions suggests to me that there is actually ground availability, albeit perhaps at different times.

I'd love to see some kind of end-of-season competition, where each community club selects a team (or selects players to make up a team) at u8/u9 to play a few more rounds into the summer. A sort of NET comp for age groups down. It won't effect those kids who are just happy to play 14 rounds, and will allow those community players keen on the game more exposure to competitive football.

Clubs are effectively promoting competition games with the Summer Six stuff at u10 already, so why not go a bit further? You could even do it at SAP, NET level - have a select group of SAP and NET teams and do some kind of knock-out tournament? The fact the Newcastle Football TD is already heavily involved in SAP means that it should not be too difficult to arrange. I'm sure if there was a desire amongst clubs this would be easy enough to arrange.

Why do they only play 14 games? I thought I was told this is because of pressure on grounds, with other sporting codes also using them.
    yeah I've heard this is one of the lines trotted out but i think Community football finishes this weekend and no cricket starts til mid-late October yeah?
    Could easily squeeze in 4-6 more games easy.

I did hear one of the 247,000 rumours going around about SAP/NET next year is that if SAP dies indeed go to 1 team per club and clubs dropping NET, that the very best of 11's will be playing in a graded comp so at least the kids that miss out are still getting a better level of competition. they will prob still be bound by Community rules/grounds/schedule though. would be nice to somehow schedule them more games.

NNSW needs to remember that once these SAP kids get to full field and not in the Jets program, they'll be requiring more players to fill NPL squads. and if they are going to look at kids that have been forgotten about for a few years it wont be good for anyone.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Have anyones clubs registered to play in the SAP summer comp that plays through Oct-Dec?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Have anyones clubs registered to play in the SAP summer comp that plays through Oct-Dec?
    The ones at Speers Point? Not even mentioned at Jr's club.

Banned
    No stuff going back to 5 a side, better off joining the ones the NPL teams are planning on doing.

Yeah the Speers pt one.
    Hadn't heard much about it other than the club offering up a team.

I guess teams playing out of Walarah would be doing that summer comp that RH runs yeah?