Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Watched Edgy v Magic 9s 2day and saw a big gap between teams. Edgy real good. DidnÂ’t see the ovver game but heard it was a bit closer.

Never stayed for 10s but got told magic put 20+ on one of the girls teams. That yr boys John S?

If true that ainÂ’t no good for any1. AinÂ’t blaming magic kids but Northern got to sort that out. People on here already talking about cricket scores in matches last week to. Not a good look for Northern.
    No not my boys, we played the Edgy boys that day and other side played the HV girls. Some have mentioned about grouping the better sides and I’d be behind that idea just like the old days even in community where they had A-B-C grade.
    I get there isn’t as many teams but can definitely do an A and B comp similar to back end of last season. As a coach it can be uncomfortable when your side is putting on a big score and yes I’ve gone to 2 touch and moved kids around but they are young and they aren’t going to stop scoring because they love it, it may slow them down a tad or make it worse lol. It’s not ideal for either side but or for the parents watching.
    Some coaches may also take offence to it if you withdraw a player or go to one touch as I’ve seen happen. I mean if you yell out “ok boys let’s go one touch” out loud at speers point and the other coach and parents hear that they might say, oh who does he think he is rubbing it in now playing one touch.
    People offend easy these days.
    Anyway if nnsw wanted to have a meeting (via Skype/Facetime of course) on grouping the sides IÂ’m sure all the coaches would be available for input and most would be honest on where they would like their kids grouped.
    But atm any football would be great hahaha wonder if nnsw have plans to extend the season because as we know there’s no catch up games for SAP.
    Keep practicing in backyards for now kids.
    Last edited by John S; 20-03-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    The draw is spot on... all teams must have the right to play each-other at least once, if this wasn't the case all the Social Justice Warriors would come out of the proverbial bushes claiming that Club X had an amazing U8's team in community and why shouldn't they be allowed to play against Magic or whoever in the SAP. ... it's today's society, if you discriminate against participation A Current Affair aint too far behind. But you can't have it both ways, participate then expect mercy because there is a big gulf in ability. Draw is only done for round 1 then will be separated, but someone must be keeping scores?

Totally Agree... if it was streamed before a ball was kicked by NNSWF who makes that call, how, is objectivity maintained? Players drop out, move teams, players move to Newcastle from Sydney and interstate...

If a team played against my team that was that much better than mine i would expect them to be ruthless. Otherwise, my kids would not know the gulf in focus and ability of kids that are better, and be able to strive and pressure their own comfort zone for their own development. Be honest with your kids stop making excuses for them... its not unlucky, not bad reffing, not poor facilities, not corona virus.... just... not good enough...
    Yes NNSWF do keep scores and thats why they split the draw halfway through last season. But NNSWF would be well aware of the better teams in U10 and U11 already, and with some discussion with clubs could very easily devise a more competitive draw. I think everyone wants good competition, but that "good competition" means different things to different people. For most it probably means being competitive as a minimum.

I would like to see the best vs best in the first half of the draw, and then promotion/relegation (couldn't find a better term to describe it!) for a few teams for the second half of the season, maybe the top/bottom four teams. That would allow the strongest of the weaker teams the chance to play better teams in the second part of the season, and give those weaker teams in the initial stronger draw the chance to play teams more their level in the second. NNSWF could manage a ladder (not for public viewing) which helps manage this. I have done this sort of thing many times when running gala days - it is relatively straightforward.

I agree it is much more difficult with U9. But asking clubs to be realistic will help. If clubs say their team is A grade, but they get beaten heavily every week then parents at that club would lose trust and may take their kids away. Clubs want to keep as many players as they can because that generates the money to keep them afloat, so being upfront with parents is key. Clubs can offer development, nurture, family-club vs NPL aspirations. Parents know what they want for their kids and a club being honest about they goals helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The kids need to travel and play teams from Sydney and Melbourne to get an idea of where they are. Probably need to run some kind of a cup competition alongside the SAP / graded one so kids get to play against different opposition as well - like the FFA cup does so the minnows get a shot at the elite / kids with the cashed up parents. Even just a statewide cup would be ok for starters from u9's and up.
    I agree with this. Football NSW run a SAP gala day for U10 and U11 clubs in the wider Sydney region and it is a gap in the NNSWF calendar. I would like to see NNSWF send the top teams from SAP here to those galas to test our kids out. As I said earlier, they do keep scores and should have a private ladder, so could send their best to these Sydney comps for exposure. I am sure QLD and VIC have galas too. Clubs need to be more proactive in lobbying for their teams to play in interstate comps. NNSWF will only look after their selected kids - we as clubs need to push them more so we can be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    No not my boys, we played the Edgy boys that day and other side played the HV girls. Some have mentioned about grouping the better sides and I’d be behind that idea just like the old days even in community where they had A-B-C grade.
    I get there isn’t as many teams but can definitely do an A and B comp similar to back end of last season. As a coach it can be uncomfortable when your side is putting on a big score and yes I’ve gone to 2 touch and moved kids around but they are young and they aren’t going to stop scoring because they love it, it may slow them down a tad or make it worse lol. It’s not ideal for either side but or for the parents watching.
    Some coaches may also take offence to it if you withdraw a player or go to one touch as I’ve seen happen. I mean if you yell out “ok boys let’s go one touch” out loud at speers point and the other coach and parents hear that they might say, oh who does he think he is rubbing it in now playing one touch.
    People offend easy these days.
    Anyway if nnsw wanted to have a meeting (via Skype/Facetime of course) on grouping the sides IÂ’m sure all the coaches would be available for input and most would be honest on where they would like their kids grouped.
    But atm any football would be great hahaha wonder if nnsw have plans to extend the season because as we know there’s no catch up games for SAP.
    Keep practicing in backyards for now kids.
    Great idea - I'd like to see more regular direct contact between NNSWF and club coaches. John - are you aware of the Coaches Advisory Committee? We need strong voices on this committee who want the best for the game. Please consider putting in for it or tell your fellow coaches about it as this is an opportunity for coaches to give direct feedback to the NNSWF Board.

If we get past this virus thing theyll grade the teams in Rd2. We might have the rest of the season cancelled yet.

As for playing in galas with Sydney teams that seems to be a no brainer. The stronger teams need to be challenged and beaten to learn.

A points table is bad idea, that just becomes a hero meter for some coaches and parents and somehow more so at these early ages. By 15/16s the parents, coaches and players mostly know where they stand amongst their peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    If we get past this virus thing theyll grade the teams in Rd2. We might have the rest of the season cancelled yet.

As for playing in galas with Sydney teams that seems to be a no brainer. The stronger teams need to be challenged and beaten to learn.

A points table is bad idea, that just becomes a hero meter for some coaches and parents and somehow more so at these early ages. By 15/16s the parents, coaches and players mostly know where they stand amongst their peers.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I am not advocating for a public points table, only an internal one within NNSWF. This would help them grade the teams, decide on who to promote/demote at the mid-point of the season, and could be used as justification for sending certain teams to Sydney or interstate galas or comps. It's just an idea!

There is always criticism of NNSWF but rarely solutions put forward. This seems to be a good place to air some ideas, and perhaps we/clubs could feed them back into NNSWF? I've always found them approachable, but ideas rarely get any traction. I'd love a forum like this - or preferably a more formal inter-club forum - to be able to raise ideas/questions to the federation on matters of interest. Some kind of youth football community reference group.

Does anyone know if one of these has ever been set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Haha we have a joker, not sure 2 touch would change too much and imagine taking a player off for scoring too many goals whilst parents are forking out $1000 plus rego fees.
    As a dad I wouldn’t be happy to pay that and have my son taken off because NNSW can’t organise a draw. Pretty sure the other magic team won by a big score also so should they take players off also as they are versing boys?
    Dependent on how many players there are in the team a coach should be having their stronger players off the field for longer against the weak teams and keep them on for longer against the stronger teams.

As a dad I'd be happy for my son to sit out half a game every 8 weeks if we were smashing every team because it would help to improve my son (and the other players) when on the field being forced to play a player down. Won't learn much by beating teams by 40 goals every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The NET teams which are basically a selective community team in the Newcastle comp have struggled against the SAP teams.
    Most of those NET teams should be coming out of the SAP system as well. No other U12 comp currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I agree with this. Football NSW run a SAP gala day for U10 and U11 clubs in the wider Sydney region and it is a gap in the NNSWF calendar. I would like to see NNSWF send the top teams from SAP here to those galas to test our kids out. As I said earlier, they do keep scores and should have a private ladder, so could send their best to these Sydney comps for exposure. I am sure QLD and VIC have galas too. Clubs need to be more proactive in lobbying for their teams to play in interstate comps. NNSWF will only look after their selected kids - we as clubs need to push them more so we can be included as well.
    Northern should have a gala day, would be a good way to get an idea of who the strong teams are before the season starts and get the draw right from Round 1

Once they get that third pitch up and running, no reason why they can't have 6 fields going at once and do this. Would make some extra money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Dependent on how many players there are in the team a coach should be having their stronger players off the field for longer against the weak teams and keep them on for longer against the stronger teams.

As a dad I'd be happy for my son to sit out half a game every 8 weeks if we were smashing every team because it would help to improve my son (and the other players) when on the field being forced to play a player down. Won't learn much by beating teams by 40 goals every week.
    I'd suggest the weaker team is able to add players rather than the stronger team take them off.
    It's unfair to withdraw a footballer from the field and reduce their game time because his team is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    I'd suggest the weaker team is able to add players rather than the stronger team take them off.
    It's unfair to withdraw a footballer from the field and reduce their game time because his team is superior.
    Meh it is half an hour every 8-9 weeks. But I can agree with you but that requires a change to the rules. A coach doesn't need to wait for Northern to change the rules to help improve his players by dropping the numbers down by one for 20 minutes.

Meh it is half an hour every 8-9 weeks. But I can agree with you but that requires a change to the rules. A coach doesn't need to wait for Northern to change the rules to help improve his players by dropping the numbers down by one for 20 minutes.
    Fair enough. Will be interested to see how the season pans out.

Oh ok great idea.what happened to the it’s about development? You start leaving the better players on in stronger games just shows you’re only after the win. I’m fine with that but NNSW have come out and said results don’t matter and it’s about developing so if a coach starts keeping the better kids on he will most likely be called out for it by others. I know the coaches at our club give every kid the same game time no matter the ability each week. In my opinion it challenges the coach more if he gives them all the same amount of game time. When they get to 13s npl then play the better boys but up until that age you should be giving them all the same amount of time no matter the opponent if it’s just about developing and not results.
    Personally I’d like it to go back to the old way of tables and results from under 10s, I feel like we are falling behind the rest of the world in football, just look at our youth teams.we are too nice and setting them up to fail because everyone gets a trophy.

Oh ok great idea.what happened to the it’s about development? You start leaving the better players on in stronger games just shows you’re only after the win. I’m fine with that but NNSW have come out and said results don’t matter and it’s about developing so if a coach starts keeping the better kids on he will most likely be called out for it by others.
    Everything I have said is all about development and not about winning.

I know the coaches at our club give every kid the same game time no matter the ability each week. In my opinion it challenges the coach more if he gives them all the same amount of game time.
    I prefer equal time over the season rather than equal time every game. Depending on the number of kids equal time every game means more changes and less time working with other players and solid development. Now we have changed to 60 min games and have two on the bench I change two players every 15 mins, it means some kids will play an entire game but they won't over the next two games while kids who may see bench time for two games will see an entire game later on. Still same amount of game time over the season as equal game time every game but it leads to better development on their own skill and on working with players around them.

My TD asks me how the team went, what was the score and who scored. I can only answer the first one, I don't keep records of scores or scorers it is of little interest to me in SAP since there is no table or points to be won. The kids know but I don't even ask them I focus on how they played and if they did what we worked on during the week.

When they get to 13s npl then play the better boys but up until that age you should be giving them all the same amount of time no matter the opponent if it’s just about developing and not results.
    They do but what I said allows for development, giving the weaker players on your team more game time against weaker opponents gives them more touches on the ball and allows them to do what they have learnt so far, having them on against a strong team just sees them chasing all the time. Keeping the stronger players on against stronger teams may see them with some less touches but not only gives them that challenge but will mean they have to work harder to keep the ball. The weaker players aren't at that level so keeping them on for just as long means they don't learn anything and neither will the other team as they just run rings around these weak players and aren't challenged.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 21-03-2020 at 06:19 PM.

Personally I’d like it to go back to the old way of tables and results from under 10s, I feel like we are falling behind the rest of the world in football, just look at our youth teams.we are too nice and setting them up to fail because everyone gets a trophy.
    No you wouldnt. I and or others could set a strong, quick physical team to kick you off the park. Have a basic passing game and add some longer ball to get a trophy. There'd be some mess on all sides.

At the moment I like the combination of technical skills 1st fitness 2nd. Maybe toughen the lads up during 13's preseason
    Last edited by finzee; 21-03-2020 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    No you wouldnt. I and or others could set a strong, quick physical team to kick you off the park. Have a basic passing game and add some longer ball to get a trophy. There'd be some mess on all sides.

At the moment I like the combination of technical skills 1st fitness 2nd. Maybe toughen the lads up during 13's preseason
    Why did you make quote me as saying this? Doopche said it.

Why did you make quote me as saying this? Doopche said it.
    Ay?

And yeah agree about playing weaker and stronger for slightly different game time.
    Last edited by finzee; 21-03-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post

I remember my 1st beer, I rambled on a bit too 🤦🏻*♂️

Everything I have said is all about development and not about winning.

I prefer equal time over the season rather than equal time every game. Depending on the number of kids equal time every game means more changes and less time working with other players and solid development. Now we have changed to 60 min games and have two on the bench I change two players every 15 mins, it means some kids will play an entire game but they won't over the next two games while kids who may see bench time for two games will see an entire game later on. Still same amount of game time over the season as equal game time every game but it leads to better development on their own skill and on working with players around them.

My TD asks me how the team went, what was the score and who scored. I can only answer the first one, I don't keep records of scores or scorers it is of little interest to me in SAP since there is no table or points to be won. The kids know but I don't even ask them I focus on how they played and if they did what we worked on during the week.

They do but what I said allows for development, giving the weaker players on your team more game time against weaker opponents gives them more touches on the ball and allows them to do what they have learnt so far, having them on against a strong team just sees them chasing all the time. Keeping the stronger players on against stronger teams may see them with some less touches but not only gives them that challenge but will mean they have to work harder to keep the ball. The weaker players aren't at that level so keeping them on for just as long means they don't learn anything and neither will the other team as they just run rings around these weak players and aren't challenged.
    I think you need to work on your so called weaker players. If they don’t get to play vs the better kids they won’t improve either just playing vs the bad ones. Every kid has something to offer otherwise why did you select them for sap? As the coach you need to find that strength and the “I don’t know score” comment is very hard to believe, you all know the scores don’t worry about that, if you’re getting a flogging you’ll know the score pretty quick. You can’t help but know the score unless you’re bad at math. I know we all try make out we don’t know the scores but we do, but you keep telling yourself that. Development comes with winning, I’ve noticed a few clubs even doing re trials and chasing better players. Why bother doing that if you’re only about development and not winning? Just keep developing the ones you have?
    Last edited by Doopche; 21-03-2020 at 10:26 PM.

I think you need to work on your so called weaker players. If they donÂ’t get to play vs the better kids they wonÂ’t improve either just playing vs the bad ones.
    As I said no point having the weaker players play more time against players that are so good they won't touch the ball, it's better to have them play more time against teams where they will touch the ball. You're pretty much saying that if an U18 NNSWF NPL team plays against an EPL U18 team they will improve from it, they won't, they will just get smashed and won't learn anything.

and the “I don’t know score” comment is very hard to believe, you all know the scores don’t worry about that, if you’re getting a flogging you’ll know the score pretty quick. You can’t help but know the score unless you’re bad at math. I know we all try make out we don’t know the scores but we do, but you keep telling yourself that. Development comes with winning
    I know if we won or lost, but I don't keep count if it is a blowout either way I forget.

IÂ’ve noticed a few clubs even doing re trials and chasing better players. Why bother doing that if youÂ’re only about development and not winning? Just keep developing the ones you have?
    You'll have to ask those clubs that

Also your posts are very shit, can you break up your thoughts rather than just present a rambling wall of text.