Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1433

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My son's team have not played all the teams you've mentioned this year but obviously did so last year. Your points definitely resonate to a large degree.

I am interested in the line about Jaffas. I understood that they went down to only one team so did not have a need for any new players. Are you saying they got rid of a team, and still had to bring in players?

A
    NNSW were discussing the 1 team format for 11s as the numbers in lower ages were growing large. Announcement was made early about going to one team when many clubs were still deciding about their teams. Had 2 good 10s teams, went to one, mistakes were probably made.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I told everyone when I wrote my first comment that it was a generalized comment from observations and it did gain support. these team play everyweek at the same times and before and after and we have watched everyone over and over again for the past 2 seasons. I by no means condemn or support what coaches do and you need varying techniques to compete with different teams. As I said this is an observation from seeing the same kids and teams for a while where its my opinion and that only
    Nah, Doesnt excuse poor judgement or belittling those coaches who are probably trying extra hard. I couldnt be a coach. If you dont value strong players then youve lost the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    NNSW were discussing the 1 team format for 11s as the numbers in lower ages were growing large. Announcement was made early about going to one team when many clubs were still deciding about their teams. Had 2 good 10s teams, went to one, mistakes were probably made.
    Yup, totally agree. Jaffas made the early decision to go with one team, It would have been announced late July/early August. I'm fairly sure it was after this that NNSWF changed its tune and allowed for 2 teams.

TBF - Olympic now have 24 kids in their Under 11's age group and other clubs would have similiar numbers. They'll have to shed 8 or 9 kids when they move into NPL. People say Jaffas made a cynical call by cutting down to 1 team early. They probably disappointed 4-5 kids, but in the end will disappoint less than some of the other clubs n the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    TBF - Olympic now have 24 kids in their Under 11's age group and other clubs would have similiar numbers. They'll have to shed 8 or 9 kids when they move into NPL. People say Jaffas made a cynical call by cutting down to 1 team early. They probably disappointed 4-5 kids, but in the end will disappoint less than some of the other clubs n the long run.
    While this is true Aegon, and perhaps I am an old cynic (I am pretty old!), but Jaffas may have burnt some bridges when it comes to recruiting later on. I have heard a parent of a boy released last year say that they would never go back. They thought they were not alone in feeling badly treated.

They are probably just be sore and will change their mind if an opportunity arises later on, but I think its good to remember to look after peoples feelings if you have to let them go. Kids and parents!! I am very proud of the way our club advises kids they have not made a team - personal phone call, with genuine feedback, and an offer of a place in our community teams to aid development. We always try to leave the door open.

A

Hi all,

A question on Northern's talent support program - has this returned post COVID postponement? Our club do not have any boys in the program so don't get to hear too much about it. I would like to know how things about going with it. Is there lack of technical director harming this? Does anyone know who the coaches are? Can any parents on here with a player involved share their experiences this season?

A

Hi all,

A question on Northern's talent support program - has this returned post COVID postponement? Our club do not have any boys in the program so don't get to hear too much about it. I would like to know how things about going with it. Is there lack of technical director harming this? Does anyone know who the coaches are? Can any parents on here with a player involved share their experiences this season?

A
    No idea sorry. You would think it has started back up though as most of the club programs for extra training have.

While this is true Aegon, and perhaps I am an old cynic (I am pretty old!), but Jaffas may have burnt some bridges when it comes to recruiting later on. I have heard a parent of a boy released last year say that they would never go back. They thought they were not alone in feeling badly treated.

They are probably just be sore and will change their mind if an opportunity arises later on, but I think its good to remember to look after peoples feelings if you have to let them go. Kids and parents!! I am very proud of the way our club advises kids they have not made a team - personal phone call, with genuine feedback, and an offer of a place in our community teams to aid development. We always try to leave the door open.

A
    At the end of the day when releasing a kid there is no way to keep everyone happy - I can't speak to individual circumstances but I know the club communicated that they selected their squads as early as possible in order to give the kids the maximum amount of time to find other teams.
    I know at least 3 kids from last years Jaffas 10's are in the Olympic 11's this year. If the club were truly cynical and not caring about the kids situations they could have finalised teams much later and not offered advice or assistance on what their options were.

Hi guys,

Wasn’t sure if this is the best thread to ask this, but I’ve noticed a few clubs are announcing an “Academy” being run by big names with private academies. Namely Jobe with Edgy and Clayton Zane at New Lambton andr Magic I think. What’s the go with these? Are clubs paying big $$ to get these guys in, or are clubs being used to push private academies? I hope it’s that former!

I’d love to hear more what kids and clubs get from the arrangement.

A

I do think it comes back to the coaching and the traits the coach push onto the kids and I reckon its there to be seen at times. I may be speaking out of turn here but others seem to and here I go on the U11s
    Broadmeadows 2 teams play with the idea of structure using new skills.
    Olympic 1 of theirs teams focus on strategy and skills. 1 doesn't and just use the strong kids to stay on top
    Lambton have gone away from structural skills and I guess that's because the new boys need to be bought up to SAP level
    New Lambton their A team always plays based on skills and strategy and their B team lacked the depth to fully do it
    Valentine have no focus on the curriculum and their A team has the skills but its not a priority
    Edgeworth Ive heard change their teams each week so no wonder kids cant grasp teamwork
    I’d like to revisit my statements to this post I made recently, and give a mention to the Olympic U11 teams who’ve I’ve seen a couple of times in recent weeks. They are both very, very good. In fact I’d say they are probably the best two sides I’ve seen in the comp this year. On what I’ve seen they will be very strong in the next few years unless they lose their best kids to the Jets.

Magic appear to have a clear A and B team this year, which seems to be the way with most 11s. Have they lost players or have Magic gone down the A and B team track?

A

Banned
    I’d like to revisit my statements to this post I made recently, and give a mention to the Olympic U11 teams who’ve I’ve seen a couple of times in recent weeks. They are both very, very good. In fact I’d say they are probably the best two sides I’ve seen in the comp this year. On what I’ve seen they will be very strong in the next few years unless they lose their best kids to the Jets.

Magic appear to have a clear A and B team this year, which seems to be the way with most 11s. Have they lost players or have Magic gone down the A and B team track?

A
    You Sound like an Olympic dad or committee member trying to give them a pump to make the tsp or jets 🤣🤣
    One of those best sides you speak of had trouble beating a very undermanned magic team last week I’m told that had to borrow under 10s players to help due to injury. Would be interesting to see how they go with all kids available.

And there it is.

cryfest from the upset magic crew. You guys cry for weeks if a throwin goes the wrong way. what a culture

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    And there it is.

cryfest from the upset magic crew. You guys cry for weeks if a throwin goes the wrong way. what a culture
    Awww poor didums, Who said I’m magic “crew”. You sound like a salty dad. From what I’m reading here it seems like the culture there is pretty good to me but you can’t believe everything you read in this forum 🤦🏻*♂️. And throw ins are very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    You Sound like an Olympic dad or committee member trying to give them a pump to make the tsp or jets ����
    One of those best sides you speak of had trouble beating a very undermanned magic team last week I’m told that had to borrow under 10s players to help due to injury. Would be interesting to see how they go with all kids available.
    Sorry to disappoint Yaa Yaa but I am not involved with Olympic. I was at the facility last week and did catch some of the games you speak of. What I saw - and I watched some of both games so couldn't tell you a "result" in either - was two very strong Olympic teams and one very strong Magic team. Now, I am not sure which Magic team was undermanned, but one game appeared very close and the other did not. In the close game both teams were really good and evenly matched. In the other Olympic were dominate.

If Magic were missing players as you say, I 100% agree - it would be interesting to watch again. But then again competitive soccer is always good to see!

A

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    No idea sorry. You would think it has started back up though as most of the club programs for extra training have.
    NO THE SAP&Npl tsp programs have not restarted

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    You Sound like an Olympic dad or committee member trying to give them a pump to make the tsp or jets ����
    Thats just a crap comment. Id heard from my contacts that the top 2 Olympic Magic teams had an amazing game last week where either team deserved to win. Then you come on here making excuses for 10yos to protect what? Your ego?
    There are so many variables each week for boys just like adults in sport. I hope you went back to your family after that comment and bragged how you put down 10yos having fun and I expect if either team won by 5 you would be crowing the other team is garbage.
    Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    NO THE SAP&Npl tsp programs have not restarted
    Have any reasons been provided as to why? I understand they are a bit under resourced at the moment but the ongoing development of these kids should be one of their key priorities.

Thats just a crap comment. Id heard from my contacts that the top 2 Olympic Magic teams had an amazing game last week where either team deserved to win. Then you come on here making excuses for 10yos to protect what? Your ego?
    There are so many variables each week for boys just like adults in sport. I hope you went back to your family after that comment and bragged how you put down 10yos having fun and I expect if either team won by 5 you would be crowing the other team is garbage.
    Idiot

I don’t understand the point of u guys arguing like children about this. It’s junior football and it doesn’t mean anything who wins, it’s about development as players as well as people. From experience, trust me that by the time all these kids turn 18/19, the majority have either left the club to play at a weaker level or are not playing. Parents of these sides all think their children r world beaters (nothing wrong with supporting ur child), but they don’t understand the reality that only 2-3 of the kids there when they are 13 are still there by 18.

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    I don’t understand the point of u guys arguing like children about this. It’s junior football and it doesn’t mean anything who wins, it’s about development as players as well as people. From experience, trust me that by the time all these kids turn 18/19, the majority have either left the club to play at a weaker level or are not playing. Parents of these sides all think their children r world beaters (nothing wrong with supporting ur child), but they don’t understand the reality that only 2-3 of the kids there when they are 13 are still there by 18.
    Well said. I think most of us know this.

i wonder how many of these current SAP/NPL kids will actually earn a dollar out of it. Out of all junior NPL and NPL 1 teams maybe 1 player from each year?

Another note. This year In u14's there are around 375 U14s players in NBN & Newfm comps and another 375 in community u14s in 3 grades.
    So half of this age players are considered elitish?

I mean with COVID there r probably less community teams and players this year compared to normal. You’re right, I’ve watched NewFM games and generally the standard is very poor in comparison to NPL, which isn’t that great either when compared to other NPLs around the country. I get we have a smaller population so the quality is lower obviously to Sydney and Melbourne, but parents need to understand that NPL is not elite unfortunately.

A reason for this is the amount of games played in a season. Especially for ur 18s and reserve grade which is mostly kids as well, they play 18 games (less this year because of COVID) while 13-16s play 22. European countries play 30-40 game seasons and we wonder why we arnt producing good Socceroos...

Quote Originally Posted by ABCDEF View Post
    I mean with COVID there r probably less community teams and players this year compared to normal. You’re right, I’ve watched NewFM games and generally the standard is very poor in comparison to NPL, which isn’t that great either when compared to other NPLs around the country. I get we have a smaller population so the quality is lower obviously to Sydney and Melbourne, but parents need to understand that NPL is not elite unfortunately.

A reason for this is the amount of games played in a season. Especially for ur 18s and reserve grade which is mostly kids as well, they play 18 games (less this year because of COVID) while 13-16s play 22. European countries play 30-40 game seasons and we wonder why we arnt producing good Socceroos...
    unfortunately telling this story over and over and is like sending Santa clause a wish list. our Santa Claus is NNSW Football and like Santa they don't exist